LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 185 users in the forums

Willis best in the biz!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Overkill:
Willis is the best MLB on the field, but I think its tough to argue there's a better leader in the NFL than Ray Lewis. Ray also calls defenses, audibles, and understands the mental side of the game much better. So I guess it depends on what factors you consider the most important - Willis is younger, faster, and just plain better at the physical aspects of the game, but Ray has the edge in the intangibles imo.

I also think that Beason was rated a little low and agree with Jamie Dukes (for maybe the first time in history) - Bart Scott should never have made that list.

What was Ray Lewis doing his first five years in the league?

Dominating teams physically - what's your point? Willis could very well develop into someone that understands the game just as well as Ray does at some point in the future, too.

Aren't we ranking the players they are today?
"He's going to be better than i was at MLB" - Mike Singletary

Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by HarlotRugby:
Originally posted by PTulini:
I'm glad P-52 has been getting so much love lately. NFL Network, si.com, the Lord our God, and everyone else recognize the talent he has and what he's capable of doing. I'd love to see him up his take away numbers and his sacks but that's just being nit picky. His is the next jersey I'm going to pick up.

What the hell is taking you so long?!! Step up your fanhood man!

PT ~ I'm married with 2 kids and a student teacher. I don't have money to throw down on a jersey. I'm still rocking my Jeremy Newberry #62 jersey. I've asked for #52 for X-mas, birthday, Father's Day, etc. How about this, if you buy an XL and send it my way, I'll start the "PTulini is the best 9er fan of all time" thread. Sound good to you? Gotta love the off-season.

I think he was kidding.....

It was meant as a joke. Sorry dude.
  • HarlotRugby
  • Info N/A
I'm glad P-52 has been getting so much love lately. NFL Network, si.com, the Lord our God, and everyone else recognize the talent he has and what he's capable of doing. I'd love to see him up his take away numbers and his sacks but that's just being nit picky. His is the next jersey I'm going to pick up.

PT ~ I'm married with 2 kids and a student teacher. I don't have money to throw down on a jersey. I'm still rocking my Jeremy Newberry #62 jersey. I've asked for #52 for X-mas, birthday, Father's Day, etc. How about this, if you buy an XL and send it my way, I'll start the "PTulini is the best 9er fan of all time" thread. Sound good to you? Gotta love the off-season.

PT and 49erforlife,

I knew it was a joke. I was trying to have a little fun back with the whole buying me a jersey and creating a thread about how great you are. How about this one instead?
"What's the soup d'jour?"
- "The soup of the day."
"Mmmm, that sounds nice. I think I'll have that."

Happy 4th.

PT and 49erforlife,

I knew it was a joke. I was trying to have a little fun back with the whole buying me a jersey and creating a thread about how great you are. How about this one instead?
"What's the soup d'jour?"
- "The soup of the day."
"Mmmm, that sounds nice. I think I'll have that."

Happy 4th.

• WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
Not only the best, but "Ray Lewis for the next 10 years."

That gives us enough time to get us at least three more rings.

A second year player is getting recognition as the best at his position. That is impressive. It it not too often where a young guy comes in and dominates based on his physical skills. Once he truly learns the position and gains experience he may end up being the best ever.
Patrick Willis can kill two stones with one bird
Originally posted by GORE-ILLA:
Patrick Willis can kill two stones with one bird

Patrick Willis can eat two stones and chase down a bird.
Rumor has it...

The Big Bang Theory was created as the result of a head-to-head collision between Mike Singletary and Patrick Willis!

I hate to burst everyone's bubbles but Willis is not the best...YET

Ray Lewis holds that distinction until he retires, plain and smiple.

Willis is a VERY close #2...but you cant say he is better than a man who equals his production AND is the QB of his defense and has been since being drafted.

Dont get me wrong at all...I love Willis and think he is the future at MLB for the NFL, not just the 49ers. He is easily the best young LB in the business, but he still has room for improvement and is not far away from that inprovement at all, especially being in the 2nd year of a defense that is only getting better.

But that fact remains that Ray Lewis was and is still in a class by himself. Probably the 2nd greatest on-field leader at MLB since Singletary.
Originally posted by reasonable1:

Willis is a VERY close #2...but you cant say he is better than a man who equals his production AND is the QB of his defense and has been since being drafted.

Dont get me wrong at all...I love Willis and think he is the future at MLB for the NFL, not just the 49ers. He is easily the best young LB in the business, but he still has room for improvement and is not far away from that inprovement at all, especially being in the 2nd year of a defense that is only getting better.

But that fact remains that Ray Lewis was and is still in a class by himself. Probably the 2nd greatest on-field leader at MLB since Singletary.

We're not talking about career, we're talking about right now and Lewis is no longer the best in the league right now. Was Jerry Rice the best WR in the league his final years in Oakland? or when he went to Seattle and Denver? Yes, he's the best to ever play the WR position, but at that point in time, for the impact he'd make that year, no, he wasn't.
[ Edited by ninerfan21 on Jul 4, 2009 at 10:45 AM ]
  • Tman
  • Veteran

hmmm.... Rod Woodson doesnt know what he is talking about. Hall of fame corner/safety who played with Lewis for years.

We are talking about RIGHT NOW, and Lewis did not equal Willis's production last year.

I think I will stick with Woodson's opinion

BUBBLE INTACT!!

• Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tman:

hmmm.... Rod Woodson doesnt know what he is talking about. Hall of fame corner/safety who played with Lewis for years.

We are talking about RIGHT NOW, and Lewis did not equal Willis's production last year.

I think I will stick with Woodson's opinion

BUBBLE INTACT!!

I still have my bubble also.
Willis is the best in the business! Just think when we finally establish and sustain some D-line push what he will be like! It will be scary! He's the MAN!!!
Share 49ersWebzone