There are 381 users in the forums

27th out of 32?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Apples:
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
"Niner fans" rush to agree that we suck in 3...2....1 Go!

It must be nice to have the ability to blind yourself from what is happening in the real world.

Thanks. Say, what IS happening in the "real world" these days? Does it still suck?
See 1 of the main parts of your argument though is that everyone else got better. i dont even see how thats possible with fa because some teams lose talent in fa as other teams get more talented. tennessee lost a whole bunch of talent when they lost haynesworth. denver lost a franchise qb. so unless you count the draft than youre wrong. if you do count it then your argument is still wrong because we had a better draft than a whole bunch of those teams.
What really blows my mind is how supposed intelligent "fans" (and I use the term loosely) continue to discount, neglect, and ignore the biggest improvement to our team: the Head Coach!

Mike Singletary is arguably the best motivational coach in the NFL. Now I think he does need to prove it over an entire season, but the team is extremely improved simply because of Sing's presence. Sing gets the best from his players, which is why the second half of last year yielded a winning record with the same players as they had in the first half, when they had a losing record!

Sing is confident (as am I) that the greatest problems on this team are not necessarily from the lack of talented personnel, but rather from not getting out of the existing personnel all that they could give.

Sing's presence alone improves this team substantially. If we were 22nd last year, then it is insulting and absurd to suggest we will be 5 places worse this year.

I wager that not one of you doomsayers is willing to put money on San Francisco finishing 27th in the league or lower in 2009. However, I am willing to bet any of you $1000 that the team will finish above 27th.

If there are no legitimate takers, then kindly shut up with your doom and gloom.

It must be nice to have the ability to blind yourself from what is happening in the real world.

Thanks. Say, what IS happening in the "real world" these days? Does it still suck?

Yes, the real world does suck.

Also, in the real world, the 49ers pretty much suck too. Every year, we all predict that they will go to the playoffs, but they always under-perform.

How many Super Bowls have we won in the fake world?

Also, in the real world, the 49ers pretty much suck too. Every year, we all predict that they will go to the playoffs, but they always under-perform.

God, some of you people are depressing! I'm really, sincerely sorry for you. Things are honestly not all that great for me at the moment, but I would never say the real world sucks. Things go wrong, sometimes horrible things-- that's just a part of life, but we find ways of living despite or even through them. And if you can't find some sort of joy in the whole thing, then at least keep it to yourself, because the rest of us are able to cope.

And the Niners won't always be bad, and may be on the verge of possibly being pretty good this season. And if they aren't, then we'll learn to deal with that and hope again next year. One of these years we're bound to be right. And if you can't handle that, go root for something safe and predictable, like gravity or fog.
It's better than coming in 32nd out of 27...
I'm not surprised. Football fans in general don't seem to know much about the Niners and don't normally pay attention. In other forums, I've seen idiotic predictions such as:

1) Niners won't get more than 4 wins this season

2) Falcons will double, if not triple the Niners win total

etc.

Of course when I call them out and account bet them, no one wants to reply to my posts or emails. So, I wouldn't give these team rankings much credit. Let's just PROVE it out on the field since we now have a HC who demands hard work and earned respect as well as an abundance of talent at the WR position for a change...just to name a couple of improvements.
Originally posted by gravelburn:

God, some of you people are depressing! I'm really, sincerely sorry for you. Things are honestly not all that great for me at the moment, but I would never say the real world sucks. Things go wrong, sometimes horrible things-- that's just a part of life, but we find ways of living despite or even through them. And if you can't find some sort of joy in the whole thing, then at least keep it to yourself, because the rest of us are able to cope.

And the Niners won't always be bad, and may be on the verge of possibly being pretty good this season. And if they aren't, then we'll learn to deal with that and hope again next year. One of these years we're bound to be right. And if you can't handle that, go root for something safe and predictable, like gravity or fog.

Do you come with your own motivational poster?

Do you come with your own motivational poster?

You're the only one who can fix you, Apples.
It's a little lower a rank than I would have figured on, but that's fine by me. I'd rather our niners be underestimated, so that we can all the better punch em in the mouth. We will be what we will be, and all the predictions are meaningless jibberjabber.

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by krizay:
Well on paper other teams have gotten better. Either by addition or by being healthier. We on the other hand used our money to resign players already under contract. We gained a rookie WR and a backup RB. While losing our #2 CB. How high exactly do you expect us to be ranked.

well we were 22nd last year and were over .500 after sing took over. i dont see how we got worse to be honest. we added the best wr from the draft, we added a legit fb, we got a former pro bowl cb who is a ballhawk, and we added a probowl calibre ot. im not saying 10-6 for sure or anything but i dont see how were bad enough to go 4-12 or anything.

It's not that we got worse. It's that we are the same and other teams got better.

a former pro bowl cb that would still be unemployed had Walt Harris not got hurt. If he was such a key piece other teams would have lined up to snag him. Same with Marvel Smith. Can't just look at their best season and say well hell. there's a reason both guys were available.
Lets see...no playoffs in 7 years hmm

Hey, gravel, I think it's a mean old world, but a beautiful one at the same time. It's like that old Woody Allen thing - "The food is awful... and the helpings are too small." I have an old friend who went with me to the Championship game in the early 70's when they lost to Dallas in the last 2 minutes. He was sure the Niners were going to win that game until the last second. Ten years later, we were watching the Niners' first SB game and he was sure until the very last second that we were going to lose. The 70's had made him that way. I'm sure most younger Niner fans have gotten so used to all this losing that it takes a real leap of the imagination to see the team exceed expectations.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
I'm not surprised. Football fans in general don't seem to know much about the Niners and don't normally pay attention. In other forums, I've seen idiotic predictions such as:

1) Niners won't get more than 4 wins this season

2) Falcons will double, if not triple the Niners win total

etc.

Of course when I call them out and account bet them, no one wants to reply to my posts or emails. So, I wouldn't give these team rankings much credit. Let's just PROVE it out on the field since we now have a HC who demands hard work and earned respect as well as an abundance of talent at the WR position for a change...just to name a couple of improvements.

I'm sure if they visit the zone they don't think we know much about the 9ers either. S**t we done handed out 58 breakout performances to a 53 man roster.
Seriously?

Win and get respect. Lose and get no respect and bad rankings. It is pretty simple how people look at teams.

Just because we are Niner fans we think our team should be rank higher. But...

... a team has to WIN and keep WINNING to get ANY respect period.
Share 49ersWebzone