LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 158 users in the forums

One more Alex Smith stat

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Wow, just reading back through these posts...just wow. Some of the folks on here need to man the f**k up andeat some major crow. Some posts here are just flat out ridiculous. Some of you guys owe others apologies...seriously.
  • dj43
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by wwrivers:
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
Many thanks to Oldman9er for an inclusion of facts, not that many people around here will let them get in the way of a good argument.

Well, like any facts, they can be used on both side. For every player he listed, you can find many, many more, who had bad second year stats and contintue to show that they were not NFL QBs.

The point isn't to say that he will turn it around and become a star, but rather it is too early to say what will happen. It is too early in his career (games played) to call him a bust yet, as proven by other players who didn't put up stellar numbers early in their careers.

Exactly right... imagine how you would ( or will ) feel if Alex does start (in 09 or 10) and he plays amazingly well and leads us to many postseasons. Don't sit there and say that it CAN'T happen. I remember well the similar crybabies back in the 90's that ripped into Aikman or anyone who supported him at first. Ooops. I really THINK that Alex will in fact be one of those QBs to revive his career in spectacular fashion. I don't KNOW it will happen though... no more than any of you KNOW he will not.
I just had to bump this post.
its funny how much better a quarterback can play when he's fully recovered from a shoulder injury.
  • dj43
Originally posted by HessianDud:
its funny how much better a quarterback can play when he's fully recovered from a shoulder injury.

...b-b-b-but it was just a flesh wound...any MAN would have played through it.

And a decent coach and OC that has more than 3 plays in his repertoire...
Originally posted by dj43:

...b-b-b-but it was just a flesh wound...any MAN would have played through it.

Smith is more machine now than man.
MY, my - how things have changed!
Originally posted by Jakemall:

And a decent coach and OC that has more than 3 plays in his repertoire...

Well said. Ray was barely awake most of the time, and that other guy who was promoted to OC (from QB coach)...the best they could come up with was that he was ready with a laminated sheet!
I think Jed played his cards well, without giving away too much, standing his ground and finally getting Harbaugh. We haven't won a playoff game yet nor a SB, but things look really good so far.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by wwrivers:
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
Many thanks to Oldman9er for an inclusion of facts, not that many people around here will let them get in the way of a good argument.

Well, like any facts, they can be used on both side. For every player he listed, you can find many, many more, who had bad second year stats and contintue to show that they were not NFL QBs.

The point isn't to say that he will turn it around and become a star, but rather it is too early to say what will happen. It is too early in his career (games played) to call him a bust yet, as proven by other players who didn't put up stellar numbers early in their careers.

Exactly right... imagine how you would ( or will ) feel if Alex does start (in 09 or 10) and he plays amazingly well and leads us to many postseasons. Don't sit there and say that it CAN'T happen. I remember well the similar crybabies back in the 90's that ripped into Aikman or anyone who supported him at first. Ooops. I really THINK that Alex will in fact be one of those QBs to revive his career in spectacular fashion. I don't KNOW it will happen though... no more than any of you KNOW he will not.
I just had to bump this post.

.. so glad we didn't give up on him. 8-1 and still evolving!!! Feels great to be a fan!
Don't know how I missed this thread! Probably the only Alex thread I did miss, but this is a treasure. To Alex Smith!

This one's hilarious. It's started by ZRF80, the guy who was so desperate to see Alex Smith gone he openly wished for an injury to him. Lol. Good times. The posters is a who's who of the Anti-Smith Metro's.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/145226-the-future-of-alex-smith/search=Alex%20Smith,ZRF80
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
This one's hilarious. It's started by ZRF80, the guy who was so desperate to see Alex Smith gone he openly wished for an injury to him. Lol. Good times. The posters is a who's who of the Anti-Smith Metro's.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/145226-the-future-of-alex-smith/search=Alex%20Smith,ZRF80

Much hate in that thread....

I dont think i posted in this thread before, but i have been critical of Alex Smith, so i will gladly eat my crow.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:

You got issues dude, your way to personally involved in this. Calling people names and s**t and bringing out old threads to make yourself feel important.
Originally posted by susweel:
You got issues dude, your way to personally involved in this. Calling people names and s**t and bringing out old threads to make yourself feel important.

LOL!
Share 49ersWebzone