LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Countdown to 1st Pre-Season game:IT'S GAME DAY!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's time for a
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ricethefngoat:
Originally posted by Esco:
NFL Network is my friend.

Hopefully I can catch the other games live on TVU this season.

Whats TVU? Website?

TVU is a program that you download that plays live TV from around the world. They usually have a Bay Area station on there that plays Niner preseason games. Been a Godsend the past few years.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by wwrivers:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by KasparHauser:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Only the fans care bout the Nolan thing, Him and the players could careless...

The Broncos players may not care, but the more Alex succeeds, the more Nolan looks like a failure at handling him. I want to see at least two TD's by Alex, and it would be awesome for one of them be a bomb.

Can I ask which part besides the part about handling Smith injury did Nolan mishandle Smith??

Wow - really? You're a moderator, looking at the site all day and the only fault you saw in Nolan's handling of Smith is the injury?

1. Starting him as rookie on a horrible team.
2. Not hiring an OC that would stick around for more than 1 year.
3. Not firing the line coach after 2005 and making the 55+ sacks per year go away.
4. Not drafting OL or receivers in early rounds.
5. Generally not standing behind the QB the way most NFL coaches do. At some point that both he and Alex were on the hotseat, and he gladly pointed fingers at the then 22 yo QB.

1. David Carr, Peyton Manning, Tim Couch, Drew Bledsoe, Troy Aikman and so on, started on worst teams or started period, why shouldn't Smith ??
I think you just answered your own question there -- only Manning was ready to start at that point. Aikman survived and became a good QB in spite of starting too early, and the others, esp Couch and Carr, ruined their careers by starting too early.

Seeing that you dont know how Smith's carreer will end, how do you know those starts his first year weren't beneficial? Maybe Nolan will still be proven right. That would be funny.
Only the fans care bout the Nolan thing, Him and the players could careless. Only thing i will be looking for is to see how/what the offense looks like sense it's a new system. Besides that really not much to take out of the 1st pre season game except looking at back ups

I don't know what your primary language is, but you need to learn how to post in English. You are suffering in that category. How old are you? lol Basic grammar and spelling.
Originally posted by Mex49:
Originally posted by wwrivers:
Originally posted by KasparHauser:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Only the fans care bout the Nolan thing, Him and the players could careless...

The Broncos players may not care, but the more Alex succeeds, the more Nolan looks like a failure at handling him. I want to see at least two TD's by Alex, and it would be awesome for one of them be a bomb.

Can I ask which part besides the part about handling Smith injury did Nolan mishandle Smith??

Wow - really? You're a moderator, looking at the site all day and the only fault you saw in Nolan's handling of Smith is the injury?

1. Starting him as rookie on a horrible team.
2. Not hiring an OC that would stick around for more than 1 year.
3. Not firing the line coach after 2005 and making the 55+ sacks per year go away.
4. Not drafting OL or receivers in early rounds.
5. Generally not standing behind the QB the way most NFL coaches do. At some point that both he and Alex were on the hotseat, and he gladly pointed fingers at the then 22 yo QB.

1. David Carr, Peyton Manning, Tim Couch, Drew Bledsoe, Troy Aikman and so on, started on worst teams or started period, why shouldn't Smith ??
I think you just answered your own question there -- only Manning was ready to start at that point. Aikman survived and became a good QB in spite of starting too early, and the others, esp Couch and Carr, ruined their careers by starting too early.

Seeing that you dont know how Smith's carreer will end, how do you know those starts his first year weren't beneficial? Maybe Nolan will still be proven right. That would be funny.

Ya if Nolan is proven right, then the Taco's you eat are from Iraq. Meaning it is not be true. Alex Smith is too good, talent-wise, to pass up. He will get the job and he will do well and prove the "Nay-Sayers", such as yourself, wrong.
Originally posted by Bleed49ersRED:
Only the fans care bout the Nolan thing, Him and the players could careless. Only thing i will be looking for is to see how/what the offense looks like sense it's a new system. Besides that really not much to take out of the 1st pre season game except looking at back ups

I don't know what your primary language is, but you need to learn how to post in English. You are suffering in that category. How old are you? lol Basic grammar and spelling.

Why, is he turning this in to his teacher? I was able to understand it.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
11 days
wooooooooooooooo
I can hardly wait.
i can't believe its almost here....i've been so accustomed to my sundays sucking lately

• mayo49
  • Veteran
10 days
I can't believe we'll have live football in just a few days!!!

Woooooohoooooooooo!!!! NFL Network BAABYYYYYY!!!!!!!

[ Edited by SanFranAddic on Aug 4, 2009 at 06:32:48 ]
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
I've heard very little Nolan hate from the players, if any. Where are you getting this crap?
can't waite !
Originally posted by dmatt:
I've heard very little Nolan hate from the players, if any. Where are you getting this crap?

I was projecting my own hatred for Nolan on to the team...you totally busted me, dude. Now the truth is out! it is I who hate Nolan and wants to see his former minions wipe the floor with him!!!! Buaaahahahahahaaaa!!!!.....Sorry.

[ Edited by SanFranAddic on Aug 4, 2009 at 08:23:32 ]
Share 49ersWebzone