LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 199 users in the forums

A tribute to former role players

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:
Jesse Sapolu

Sapolu? A role player? Ome of the all time 49ers greats, a role player? This, I just do not see.

Jerry Rice, role player?

Joe Montana?

Ronnie Lott?

Yeah, you are right. I just wanted to give some love to Sapolu, cause I love the dude!
Originally posted by walker807:
Anyone mention Ulbrich, always liked that guy

Ulbrich and Brandon Moore (well, Moore had one good season).
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by frankie:
Always liked tyrone drakeford. Nothing flashy just liked em as a niner.

Honerable mention for the worse as we'll lawrence phillips

Drakeford game me many nightmares for his blown coverages against Dallas (Alvin Harper) and Green Bay (Brooks, Bebe, and co.) in those playoff losses.

I did always like Tim Mcdonald. He was a favorite of mine. Great pickup off the Tardinals.

Tim mcdonald was the man, him along wit merton hanks! Yeah tyrone wasn't probowl caliber but I woulda liked to have kept em as a nickle back. He did fairly well wit the saints I believe that's who got em, when he left.

Tim was one of my favorites. It would be a trip to land T.J next year.
Jesse Sapolu

Sapolu? A role player? Ome of the all time 49ers greats, a role player? This, I just do not see.

Jerry Rice, role player?

Joe Montana?

Ronnie Lott?

Yeah, you are right. I just wanted to give some love to Sapolu, cause I love the dude!

Big props to Sapolu!
Jesse Sapolu

Jerry Rice, role player?

Joe Montana?

Ronnie Lott?

Ah, you have my full support there. Jesse Sapolu. John Taylor. Ronnie Lott. And Jeff Fuller,.

Favourites.
[ Edited by English on Mar 24, 2012 at 10:40 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Jesse Sapolu

he was a pro bowler
Jeff Ulbrich
How is Brian Jennings not get a mentioned. Biggest role player for years. Can't be much more of a role player than a long snapper. Not a lot of people know it but he's a killer TE.
LOL @ everybody just throwing out names of players they feel are forgotten or just weren't superstars. Nobody knows what a role player is.

No matter the situation, that's always perfectly acceptable.

Originally posted by vrabbit:
really?. 10 pages and not one mention?

#FUMBLINGMACHINE

Fixed.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
really?. 10 pages and not one mention?

#OVERRATED

Fixed, again.
What about my namesake? Not in his starting position, but in the majestic Elephant package. That was always fun to watch!
Originally posted by 49erRider:
LOL @ everybody just throwing out names of players they feel are forgotten or just weren't superstars. Nobody knows what a role player is.

You mean, Dexter Carter wasn't a role player?
Share 49ersWebzone