There are 147 users in the forums

Pledge to make Candlestick loud!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i would love to see a crazy loud atmosphere there sunday. That's the way football is meant to be.
[ Edited by hawker84 on Dec 5, 2013 at 12:45 PM ]
i think we can be way louder than the weakhawks fans
Originally posted by Thechad49:
Why can't our fans be the 12th man!? Let's get loud!!!

Because the "12th man" is a giant drum that contains noise. How embarrassing it must be that an open air stadium like KC can compete with an artificially enhanced sound.

Bay Area sports venues have the loudest fans in all of sports. That is no secret. Even though we lack the artificial enhancements of other "dome-like" venues.
lol i remember when we (fans at candlestick, i dont partake in those shenanigans) did the wave like 50 billion times when our offense was on the field lol. Staley was so pissed.
I flew all the way from MD to experience candlestick and I've been really angry about the large presence of seahawk fans here. They were all over the air port hanging 12th man flags and taking pictures. They've been more abundant at tourist locations than niners fans. I've been all over the east coast and I've never seen the opposing team be so prevalent in town. I hope I'm not surrounded by them... otherwise this city has no pride for season ticket holders to give up so many seats.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Let's f**king do this. I am ready for Sunday. For those of you who normally stand up and scream. When you get to your seats, apologize to everyone in your section. Then ask them to get outside their normal comfort zone and stand the f**k up when on defense and yell until they can yell no more.

Do it!
Originally posted by MachMan:
I flew all the way from MD to experience candlestick and I've been really angry about the large presence of seahawk fans here. They were all over the air port hanging 12th man flags and taking pictures. They've been more abundant at tourist locations than niners fans. I've been all over the east coast and I've never seen the opposing team be so prevalent in town. I hope I'm not surrounded by them... otherwise this city has no pride for season ticket holders to give up so many seats.

I live in Tacoma, trust me when I say this. They are the biggest bandwagon fan base in the NFL. When we had Young at QB (hell even Garcia), I could damn near walk into the Kingdome without buying a ticket. Now they are supposedly the greatest fans in the NFL? They rank #23 in fan loyalty. Steeler nation wannabes,
Originally posted by Kelvin:

I live in Tacoma, trust me when I say this. They are the biggest bandwagon fan base in the NFL. When we had Young at QB (hell even Garcia), I could damn near walk into the Kingdome without buying a ticket. Now they are supposedly the greatest fans in the NFL? They rank #23 in fan loyalty. Steeler nation wannabes,

49ers rank 26th in fan loyalty . http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/08/study-ranks-loyal-nfl-fans-dallas-cowboys-new-england-patriots/

Not that I care, and not that I'm surprised. From '03-'10 in NJ, you'd be more likely to spot a bald eagle than you would someone who was rocking Niners gear or watching the team. I used to have to fight to get them on TV at the bar and when I did, it would be the desolate tube TV with a cracked screen haha. Once they got back on track with Harbaugh all the "fans" came outta the woodwork.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Thechad49:
Why can't our fans be the 12th man!? Let's get loud!!!

Because the "12th man" is a giant drum that contains noise. How embarrassing it must be that an open air stadium like KC can compete with an artificially enhanced sound.

Bay Area sports venues have the loudest fans in all of sports. That is no secret. Even though we lack the artificial enhancements of other "dome-like" venues.
lmao hell of a statement....i take it you haven't been out much. I've lived on the East Coast to for a while and experienced some games out east..... Bay Area combined couldn't get louder than an LSU-Florida-Bama game...never. Was at the LSU-Florida game where LSU beat Tebow...fk man loudest place i've ever heard!

Sorry to say but Raider fans can get louder than niner fans...eagle fans are pretty damn loud to. I've been up to seattle for a game, and sorry it's loud. Frisco gets loud, but just falls way way short. And when we get into the new stadium we won't be getting any louder than the stick. $$$$$$$ people don't get that loud lol.

I love our fans but i'm just pointing out the truth. I will give us props though 2 years ago in DC we were louder than the skins fans.
If i had to rank the bay area by terms of loudness: (but we are far from being the loudest fans in all of sports)

1) Raider Games
2) Warrior Games
3) Niner Games
4) A's Games
5) Giants
6) Sharks
Originally posted by wailers15:
lmao hell of a statement....i take it you haven't been out much. I've lived on the East Coast to for a while and experienced some games out east..... Bay Area combined couldn't get louder than an LSU-Florida-Bama game...never. Was at the LSU-Florida game where LSU beat Tebow...fk man loudest place i've ever heard!

Sorry to say but Raider fans can get louder than niner fans...eagle fans are pretty damn loud to. I've been up to seattle for a game, and sorry it's loud. Frisco gets loud, but just falls way way short. And when we get into the new stadium we won't be getting any louder than the stick. $$$$$$$ people don't get that loud lol.

I love our fans but i'm just pointing out the truth. I will give us props though 2 years ago in DC we were louder than the skins fans.
If i had to rank the bay area by terms of loudness: (but we are far from being the loudest fans in all of sports)

1) Raider Games
2) Warrior Games
3) Niner Games
4) A's Games
5) Giants
6) Sharks

The Sharks were well known for being the loudest in hockey. I don't know if that's true anymore, as everybody likes to copycat, but they were the loudest for a long time.
The Warriors rock louder (in the right situation) then any other NBA team. Maybe it's because they were so bad for so many years, maybe it's the up-tempo way the team plays, but there is no stadium with more excited fans than the W's.

So with basketball and hockey, we are top three in both.

Baseball is an irrelevant sport for noise.

I hope I never implied that we are louder than college football venues, especially in the SEC.

I don't know why you are ranking the stadiums. Obviously football stadiums hold more people, so they have a chance to be the loudest at the right moments. The 49ers stadium is currently not known to be loud. I know that.

My point is that the NEW stadium will have fans that are plenty loud. We have the fanbase to do it. Right now, the stadium has a lot of people who are not as into the game. People fear it will get worse at the new stadium, I am saying it will get better.

This one goes without saying. Looks like this will be the last chance to go nuts at the 'Stick. It kills me not being able to be out there for it live. I usually go out for one game a year and planned on it being this one but with an impending move coming up I had to save the cash and skip this year.

I started this thread four years ago and, although a new stadium was imminent, I never thought the day would come so quickly and that it wouldn't be in the confines of the city.

For everyone who's lucky enough to be attending, rock the 'Stick (there's gotta be a better way to say that ) one last time and...

RUSH THE FIELD!
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by wailers15:

1) Raider Games
2) Warrior Games
3) Niner Games
4) A's Games
5) Giants
6) Sharks

The Sharks were well known for being the loudest in hockey. I don't know if that's true anymore, as everybody likes to copycat, but they were the loudest for a long time.
The Warriors rock louder (in the right situation) then any other NBA team. Maybe it's because they were so bad for so many years, maybe it's the up-tempo way the team plays, but there is no stadium with more excited fans than the W's.

So with basketball and hockey, we are top three in both.

Baseball is an irrelevant sport for noise.

I hope I never implied that we are louder than college football venues, especially in the SEC.

I don't know why you are ranking the stadiums. Obviously football stadiums hold more people, so they have a chance to be the loudest at the right moments. The 49ers stadium is currently not known to be loud. I know that.

My point is that the NEW stadium will have fans that are plenty loud. We have the fanbase to do it. Right now, the stadium has a lot of people who are not as into the game. People fear it will get worse at the new stadium, I am saying it will get better.

The guy obviously doesn't know what he's talking about...ranking the sharks last lol
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 21, 2013 at 7:08 PM ]

Thought I'd update and say I was happy with the crowd that was at the Seahawks game. Was no where near as many Hawks fans as I was expecting. I partook in the heckling of said Seahawks fans as well. Seeing the group in front of me walk out the second the midget threw the interception was priceless. The crowd noise was not even as loud as the Ravens fans here though.

Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by Kelvin:

49ers rank 26th in fan loyalty . http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/08/study-ranks-loyal-nfl-fans-dallas-cowboys-new-england-patriots/

Not that I care, and not that I'm surprised. From '03-'10 in NJ, you'd be more likely to spot a bald eagle than you would someone who was rocking Niners gear or watching the team. I used to have to fight to get them on TV at the bar and when I did, it would be the desolate tube TV with a cracked screen haha. Once they got back on track with Harbaugh all the "fans" came outta the woodwork.

Same here. I was the only 49ers fan at the bars in 2004 when we only beat Arizona all year. Never saw 49er anything. Now, I'm seeing them much more often.
Bump!

This is it boys and girls, the regular season finale. GO NUTS! We gotta clinch tonight and we gotta hold onto hope of having a playoff game or two hosted at the 'Stick!

Rush the field! Let's Go Niners!
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
This one goes without saying. It kills me not being able to be out there for it live. I usually go out for one game a year and planned on it being this one but with an impending move coming up I had to save the cash and skip this year.

I started this thread four years ago and, although a new stadium was imminent, I never thought the day would come so quickly and that it wouldn't be in the confines of the city.

For everyone who's lucky enough to be attending, rock the 'Stick (there's gotta be a better way to say that )
Bump
Share 49ersWebzone