LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 194 users in the forums

Pledge to make Candlestick loud!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by King49er:
West Coast fans, the only time you'll here that place get loud is if we make the playoffs...arrive late, leave early....

When the Cowboys come to town it's pretty embarrasing to be a 49ers fan, you'd think you were in Dallas

Don't tell me that!!!

Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by King49er:
West Coast fans, the only time you'll here that place get loud is if we make the playoffs...arrive late, leave early....

When the Cowboys come to town it's pretty embarrasing to be a 49ers fan, you'd think you were in Dallas

Don't tell me that!!!

Why it's the truth...
It's because I've never been to a game at Candlestick and I live in Texas. Sh*t like that just pisses me off. I hate the Cowgirls with a passion!!!
Texas Tech has a much louder stadium with 12,000 fewer people, so I know the stick can get louder with some effort.

[ Edited by cestmoi on Jun 21, 2009 at 15:01:47 ]
Originally posted by cestmoi:
Texas Tech has a much louder stadium with 12,000 fewer people, so I know the stick can get louder with some effort.

You are talking about 20,000 booze fueled college kids. There is no way the stick will ever be as loud as any college stadium. My dorm on a Friday night was louder then the stick.
Originally posted by RaiderHater90:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by susweel:
Its pretty loud.

You also have to consider the product that they have been putting on the field. Its kinda hard to cheer when there getting there ass kicked all the time.

weak excuss. raider games have have the people and it's louder. explain that. thier product is worse.

Because halloween is always favorited by retards.

-9fA
I think the stick doesn't amplify the sound good, as previously mentioned, also the fans could be louder... but i have heard it really loud occasionaly. One of the loudest games I went to was Nolan's first game against the Rams. We pulled off a pretty big upset in the home opener that game... the stick was rockin that day.
Originally posted by XAnGeLicDiAbLoX:
Yeah no doubt. Everytime me and my crew go we're always loud as F***! Honestly the main reason why it's not as loud as it should be is because of all the DAM OLD GEEZERS OUT THERE!! There should be a rule Nobody over 50 allowed in the stadium.

That and the fact the team has SUCKED for the majority of the past decade.

People just aren't into it because the team has sucked. I think if the team improves, the games will get louder. The games apparently sellout, but there's always a load of empty seats so that in itself shows a lack of interest. When the team becomes relevant again, there won't be so many empty seats in a soldout stadium and people will begin to get into the games again.
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by susweel:
Its pretty loud.

You also have to consider the product that they have been putting on the field. Its kinda hard to cheer when there getting there ass kicked all the time.

weak excuss. raider games have have the people and it's louder. explain that. thier product is worse.

You can't bring them up as an example because raider fans are a bunch of idiots. They go to get drunk and make asses of themselves regardless of the product on the field. They are unlike fans of any other team. Their team betrayed them and moved to LA, then decided to come back and they welcomed them back like a bunch of suckers. That's like finding out your wife is cheating on you, she leaves to live with somebody else (in this case LA being a guy you really HATE) but then she decides she wants to come back to you and what do you do? Take her back like a jackass. On top of that, the majority of their fans that I know are clueless when it comes to football, but they act like they know everything.

All that being said, I've been to a handful of raider games with my uncles (I've always rooted for the other team - which supposedly is a big no no in Oakland, but I've NEVER even been messed with other than a few comments here and there) and their games have more empty seats than filled seats. It's not loud. I don't think there is ever enough people there for it to actually get loud in the first place. Their whole organization is a joke and their fans fit right in.

[ Edited by 49erRider on Jun 22, 2009 at 11:24:14 ]
Niners fans are among the lamest in the NFL

Nothing like yelling and cheering for your team and having an elderly couple having the usher to get you to sit down at the stick

Originally posted by billybonka:

Nothing like yelling and cheering for your team and having an elderly couple having the usher to get you to sit down at the stick

Does anyone know how the new stadium is going to deal with current season ticket holders? I'd like to think they'd give the current holders first crack at the new seats, but at the same time I'd like to start fresh so all those elderly couples that ruin the gameday experience can be filtered out and replaced with people who actually want to help the team in some way.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by cestmoi:

You are talking about 20,000 booze fueled college kids. There is no way the stick will ever be as loud as any college stadium. My dorm on a Friday night was louder then the stick.

POTD
The Stick USED to be loud...when it was actually THE STICK.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Does anyone know how the new stadium is going to deal with current season ticket holders? I'd like to think they'd give the current holders first crack at the new seats, but at the same time I'd like to start fresh so all those elderly couples that ruin the gameday experience can be filtered out and replaced with people who actually want to help the team in some way.
your question is about 3 years too early.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

your question is about 3 years too early.

I figured somebody would have said something about the situation since I know it's on a lot of people's minds. I thought I might have just missed it.
Share 49ersWebzone