There are 192 users in the forums

Pledge to make Candlestick loud!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erObsession:
I'm always loud when I go to the games but I always end up with event staff telling me I have to sit.down when something exciting happens... I always tell them to f off and that my team needs me

The only time people are told to sit down is when you are THE ONLY PERSON STANDING UP. If the entire section is sitting down, then sit your a** down too. Ushers do NOT tell people to sit down when something exciting happens. Are you kidding me? Lol.

This whole "told me to sit down" thing is so overblown, its ridiculous. People making up stories, assumptions, etc.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
I'm always loud when I go to the games but I always end up with event staff telling me I have to sit.down when something exciting happens... I always tell them to f off and that my team needs me

The only time people are told to sit down is when you are THE ONLY PERSON STANDING UP. If the entire section is sitting down, then sit your a** down too. Ushers do NOT tell people to sit down when something exciting happens. Are you kidding me? Lol.

This whole "told me to sit down" thing is so overblown, its ridiculous. People making up stories, assumptions, etc.

One thing that should be clear is that noise should NOT be made when our offense has the ball pre-snap, or when the quarterback still has the ball in his hands. Noise should ALWAYS be made when the OTHER team has the ball pre-snap, or when their quarterback still has the ball in his hands.

JUST BEFORE the snap is when the most noise should be made, so they can't hear their own calls.

Many fans don't seem to know these things.

Also, "noise" and "standing up" are two different things. I can't IMAGINE the staff would tell anyone to be quiet in the above situations.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Sep 10, 2011 at 2:46 AM ]
I hate the fact that the crowd gets loud when the Niners have the ball. It drives me crazy. And no one should ever be told to sit down, it's a football game. I don't get why some people buy tickets only to sit on their hands the whole game.
  • rserda
  • Veteran
I'd kill to be able to go to games and you can bet your ass I wouldn't be able to speak for a month. Hmmmm maybe I should tell this to the Wifey. I'm sure once she finds that out she will be begging me to go to games.
Originally posted by PRIMUS151:
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
They better get loud. Being on the East Coast, I see the hostile atmosphere at Eagles/Jets games and only wish that Candlestick could replicate a quarter of that intensity from the fans.

I honestly don't get it.. our bay area basketball and hockey teams are amongst the top rankings of "best fans" in their respective sports. Yet in football, out of all sports ironically, we have some of the most reserved fans. My excuse would have been that the bay area is split between two football teams, but the giants/jets don't have the same problems, and raiders fans themselves are rowdy!

That's why we were known as wine drinking conservatives back in the day. It's a new generation, and with all the losing seasons people are straight up tired of being called losers...

But the Warriors have been losing for a whole lot longer and yet I see far greater crowd support and passion for them.
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Sep 10, 2011 at 8:42 AM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:

One thing that should be clear is that noise should NOT be made when our offense has the ball pre-snap, or when the quarterback still has the ball in his hands. Noise should ALWAYS be made when the OTHER team has the ball pre-snap, or when their quarterback still has the ball in his hands.

JUST BEFORE the snap is when the most noise should be made, so they can't hear their own calls.

Also, "noise" and "standing up" are two different things. I can't IMAGINE the staff would tell anyone to be quiet in the above situations.

I agree that the ushers won't tell you to sit down unless you or your row are the only ones standing up. They absolutely let you stand up when something big is happening. What probably happens is someone is drunk and thinks that everything is important and exciting even if its 1st and 10 at the 25 yard line on offense. I have never seen anyone being asked to sit down when everyone else is standing up and its a key moment in the game. If you are the only jackass standing up though, yeah, you're probably being an a*****e.

Also, nothing bothers more than Candlestick getting loud on offense. We should train everyone who walks into the stadium on when you're supposed to be loud and make noise. NOT when we are lining up on the line of scrimmage on offense. SHUT YOUR MOUTHS!!
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Two great posts.

I've been to 5 games at the 'Stick to date. I ALWAYS make noise. Last year's game vs. the Saints caused me to lose my voice for 3 days or so. I got no guff from anyone around me. Keep in mind, as the previous post points out, DO NOT MAKE NOISE WHEN SF IS ON OFFENSE. I thought this was common, basic knowledge but apparently not.

Furthermore, although I want to stand up during the whole game, I realize that the fans around me aren't as intense during game time. So when it's third down and 5 for the opposing offense, I stand up, yell and politely encourage others to do so as well (gesturing, not actually asking them haha). This has also never caused any issue with surrounding fans nor event staff.

Basically, people blow the whole "I can't yell and stand up" thing way out of proportion. Stand up when it's appropriate, doing so sporadically during key moments of the game. Make noise the WHOLE time the opposing offense is on the field.

Implore those around you to make noise and stand up when the team needs it (just standing around and raising your arms up works just fine and people don't take offense to it).

I wanna hear this place tremble tomorrow. Let's make a new name for ourselves as fans here fellas (and ladies!).
You only make noise when...
a) Niners make a big play on offense
b) Niners on defense, just before the opposing team snaps the ball OR during the whole defensive series if you so wish

It was funny at the London game, where they just made noise when teams got touchdowns or at any other time during the game. You want to see the mob effect? Go to an NFL game in London!
Originally posted by XAnGeLicDiAbLoX:
Yeah no doubt. Everytime me and my crew go we're always loud as F***! Honestly the main reason why it's not as loud as it should be is because of all the DAM OLD GEEZERS OUT THERE!! There should be a rule Nobody over 50 allowed in the stadium.

shut the f--k up. I spent a year in the hell hole vietnam perserving your rights so you can speak your stupid mind.
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
Yeah no doubt. Everytime me and my crew go we're always loud as F***! Honestly the main reason why it's not as loud as it should be is because of all the DAM OLD GEEZERS OUT THERE!! There should be a rule Nobody over 50 allowed in the stadium.

shut the f--k up. I spent a year in the hell hole vietnam perserving your rights so you can speak your stupid mind.

I love "DAM OLD GEEZERS"

Yeah I'm not sure why fans have such a problem understanding WHEN to cheer. Always makes me laugh. The niners even had to put up a video message last year telling fans to be quiet on offense lol. Doubt they have to do that in Green Bay.

Part of the lack of noise is obviously because there has been little to get excited about over the last decade or so. Also bay area fans are pretty fickle, not quite as bad as dodger fans but its usually a late-arriving crowd and conversely people will leave pretty early even when the game isn't completely decided. Maybe its just a Cali thing.
Its going to be hard to get that place loud if it isnt full. There are lots of tickets still available.
Originally posted by overthemiddle:

He's got a point, we all know the vietnamies were an eminit threat to American freedom........
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Its going to be hard to get that place loud if it isnt full. There are lots of tickets still available.

So does that mean the game wont be on TV?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

So does that mean the game wont be on TV?

It will. Niners games are always shown. It doesn't matter if the game isn't sold out because KTVU or whatever the channel is, will buy all the remaining tickets so they are able to broadcast the game.
Share 49ersWebzone