LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Only Three Roster Spots Open?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
As long as Simms and Roman are not on the 53 man roster I will be happy.

Who backs up Goldson if we don't have Roman?

we can put Balmer back there and I bet he can perform better than Roman

Oh come on now. That's so ridiculous that it's painful.

I hope you posted that facetiously.

~Ceadder

it is called sarcasm. It was intended to say that Roman is so bad that we can put just about anyone there and have it be an upgrade. It was not meant to be taken literally.
Keasey better not make it
Originally posted by Trajik1:

who will back up Norris if Roman... I mean Keasey is gone
I'm hoping Michael Robinson adds backup fullback to his long list of valuable contributions. Keasey is a good guy and a real good athlete, but there are a couple of guys on the bubble I'd rather see make the team - Alex Boone for one. Plus, I'd rather lose Keasey than lose Davis to another team attempting to slip him on to the PC.
I keep hearing we might end up putting Nate Davis on the practice squad, I've never heard of drafting a guy in the 5th and then putting him on the PS. These reports better not have any legs, it's not the worst thing in the world to either put DH on the PS or keep 4 QB's on the roster.
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
I keep hearing we might end up putting Nate Davis on the practice squad, I've never heard of drafting a guy in the 5th and then putting him on the PS. These reports better not have any legs, it's not the worst thing in the world to either put DH on the PS or keep 4 QB's on the roster.

Huard doesn't qualify to be on the PS. At least I think that is what you mean by DH
You can't put a veteran like Huard on the PS and the general feeling is that if they try to slip Davis on to it, another team will pick him up. That 70-yard throw without even worrying about laces gets people's attention.
the question is if we keep Davis on the team and release Huard do you think that he would get picked up by another team?
the question is if we keep Davis on the team and release Huard do you think that he would get picked up by another team?

Huard's in a tough career place - he's probably best suited to be a #2 since teams usually take the young guy with potential but no experience and make him a #3. But, he's had a long, productive career in the NFL. No reason to feel sorry for him.
Originally posted by waiting4number6:

Huard doesn't qualify to be on the PS. At least I think that is what you mean by DH

Ya I know, cut DH, my point is we can't Nate go on the PS, cuz someone would pick the brotha up. All I was sayin was if you gonna put a guy a QB on the PS it mind as well as be DH (even though he in his 30's and as you said he doesn't qualify), or just keep all 4 QB's on the roster.

Originally posted by BrodieFan:

Huard's in a tough career place - he's probably best suited to be a #2 since teams usually take the young guy with potential but no experience and make him a #3. But, he's had a long, productive career in the NFL. No reason to feel sorry for him.

I don't feel sorry for the guy. I asked if he would get picked up incase there were to be another freak season where we have to go to the #4 and #5 QB's
Originally posted by BrodieFan:

I don't feel sorry for the guy. I asked if he would get picked up incase there were to be another freak season where we have to go to the #4 and #5 QB's

Oh, I see. Sorry. I'm not real worried about that for a number of reasons:

1. QB's will get more protection this year and will not be as vulnerable.
2. Both Hill and Smith are tough guys who play with and through pain.
3. Nate Davis is a sleeper and a beast at the same time. If both the one and two guys go down, the season is lost anyway so why not try Davis out.

M-Rob would back-up Norris.
As long as Simms and Roman are not on the 53 man roster I will be happy.

Who backs up Goldson if we don't have Roman?

we can put Balmer back there and I bet he can perform better than Roman

As much as I dislike Roman:

M-Rob would back-up Norris.

I guess you couldn't sense the sarcasm even though I threw in the name ROMAN!!!!! in there
Share 49ersWebzone