Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Boone is terrible, I hope he gets cut.

Hater LOL

Your right I am a hater of crappy players.

Yes because all UDFA rookies must come in and immediately look like pro bowlers to be any good in the NFL, get a clue.

To make the team they should look some what decent. These dude is practice squad material at best. No way he should make the roster.

I never said he should make the roster and I would be perfectly happy with him being on the PS this year. From the way you put it, seems like you think we should just give him cab fare and tell him to get the f**k out and never come back.

Nah I never said that. I was just saying he is not roster worthy.

how are you going to say he is not roster worthy when we have Snyder starting??????????

Looks like I was right. And you just made the point my just look at how bad Snyder is and this dude cant even make roster. What does that tell you about him.

You may have a point, although the O-line coaching wasn't very good. Either way, we will see. I trust Solari's and Brown's judgement better than Forester.

Position coaches are overrated either a dude can play or he can't. Hopefully this guy has gotten better but its gonna be really hard for him to make the team if we draft a couple of more linemen.

I'm not sure I agree about position coaches being overrated. I think they are highly responsible for developing the young talent. I'll wait to see how the O-line plays next season for a comparison, but Forester's lines have never been very good from what I've seen. Also, Solari had a little time to learn from Bob. I know, at least Bob's coaching and influence could not be overrated.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Well Solari will probably look better because he will probably have better talent at RT and hopefully at Gaurd then Forester did.
Well Solari will probably look better because he will probably have better talent at RT and hopefully at Gaurd then Forester did.

That's a good point. I actually think the OC is probably the biggest factor in all of this. Hopefully, between Alex and some "spread" help, this offense will be less predictable and take the obvious heat off the o-line. When we impose our will this year, hopefully it will be in regards to much muh much better playing calling and dictating the defense for a change!

So, between new players on the o-line, a new offensive scheme and a QB who desires to attack defenses and the current weapons we have, it may be difficult to acertain how helpful the aforemenioned will be compared to last year.

Yeah but the O-line regressed every year under Forester.
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:

Yeah but the O-line regressed every year under Forester.

Give the man some credit, too. He did have to work with this OL even after Staley's injury and the flub ups by the OGs. Sure, some of the formations catered to better stats, but they still did it.

I still am so happy that Sims stepped up big. I was not expecting that one bit....so coaching or talent with Sims?

Nice to know he's getting it done!

holy crap we may actually have some OL depth
"I am going to break you like a wild horse."

Scary!!!
Originally posted by English:
"I am going to break you like a wild horse."

Scary!!!

made me laugh when i read it.
Love this kid.

Alex Booze FTW!
Is it possible for them to keep 10 OL this year? Unless Boone really performs poorly in the exhibition season, it would be tough to cut him and then try to stash him on the practice squad.
Originally posted by ninergold:
Is it possible for them to keep 10 OL this year? Unless Boone really performs poorly in the exhibition season, it would be tough to cut him and then try to stash him on the practice squad.

There is absolutely NO WAY that Alex Boone makes it to the practice squad. Some team will scoop him up.
New Alex Boone vid...
Share 49ersWebzone