LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

OFFENSIVE LINE PLAY: Most Important

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Holy crap . . . half of our 30 sacks have come in our two losses? 9 vs the Ravens and 6 vs the Pukes . . . plus another 5 vs. Cincy. So we allowed 10 sacks total in the other 8 games. This can't all be his fault, but Chilo was still starting against the Pukes and the first half of Cincy . . . then the majority of the Ravens game. It seems that when Chilo is in the game against any kind of playoff caliber defensive front chaos ensues and the situation snowballs.

I don't know if I'd rather we piled up these thirty sacks at three per game or in bunches like they have been coming.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Holy crap . . . half of our 30 sacks have come in our two losses? 9 vs the Ravens and 6 vs the Pukes . . . plus another 5 vs. Cincy. So we allowed 10 sacks total in the other 8 games. This can't all be his fault, but Chilo was still starting against the Pukes and the first half of Cincy . . . then the majority of the Ravens game. It seems that when Chilo is in the game against any kind of playoff caliber defensive front chaos ensues and the situation snowballs.

I don't know if I'd rather we piled up these thirty sacks at three per game or in bunches like they have been coming.

Dammit we need Adam Snyder back!!!!!
DAMN, THEY f**kING DOMINATED THE LOS
funny how it works... in 11 wins 19 sacks given up and in the 3 losses 20 sacks given up... crazy but yeah it all starts with them
They played much better last night. Hope it continues!
Originally posted by tohara3:
They played much better last night. Hope it continues!

I'm not sure we will see any tougher defenses then we already have. Sea will be pretty tough but Balt and Pitt are the cream of the crop.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
that was the best game they played all year..Much love to the oline
WOW! I was on record stating I thought they'd rebound and play well last night but I didn't expect them to play all world. I thought there were even a few more open rushing lanes that Frank could have hit but yeah the pass protection was off the hook! Way to go guys!! GO NINERS!
  • dj43
Very good job against a top 3 defense.

Although getting Snyder and ADavis healthier helped a lot, it appeared they tightened up the splits on pass protection to allow less room for middle blitzes. That made a bit difference. Though Alex still was not able to step up on a couple of throws, it was far from the jail breaks of the recent past. The middle of the line held up very well last night.
Got to give the line much props. I thought besides Aldon, I was most impressed by that unit.

I read that Kilgore was active for the game did he play last night? If so how did he do? Did Boone play at all last night?

Now we get to see in the Seattle game if the things they learned and did last night will carry over into another game.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
I read that Kilgore was active for the game did he play last night? If so how did he do? Did Boone play at all last night?

Now we get to see in the Seattle game if the things they learned and did last night will carry over into another game.

don't think he played. If he did, it was probably on FG or extra point.
Any game time experience that Kilgore can get will benefit him and the team in the long run.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Ninefan56:

don't think he played. If he did, it was probably on FG or extra point.

I saw Boone in there.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
I saw Boone in there.

How did he do and why was he in?
Share 49ersWebzone