LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 317 users in the forums

OFFENSIVE LINE PLAY: Most Important

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MBniner:
Funny, because he has actually been the most consistent of the lineman this preseason. Good pass protection last game. Granted, he's been horrible up until now.

I agree, he has been decent so far, you can definitely see that he has been getting coached up.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Funny, because he has actually been the most consistent of the lineman this preseason. Good pass protection last game. Granted, he's been horrible up until now.

I agree, he has been decent so far, you can definitely see that he has been getting coached up.

good job solari

i think our o line will be ok

it doesnt seem they gameplanned at all also they didnt look at the film so they didnt know the pass rushers moves or the type of rusher they were

IMO those will make a huge difference

im not saying they are a top 10 or maybe even 15 o line but i think they will do slightly better than last year which IMO is enough to get us to win 9 games provided alex will play good and the fact that this year we will actually make in game adjustments gameplan and not have a 4 page playbook
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

good job solari

i think our o line will be ok

it doesnt seem they gameplanned at all also they didnt look at the film so they didnt know the pass rushers moves or the type of rusher they were

IMO those will make a huge difference

im not saying they are a top 10 or maybe even 15 o line but i think they will do slightly better than last year which IMO is enough to get us to win 9 games provided alex will play good and the fact that this year we will actually make in game adjustments gameplan and not have a 4 page playbook

+1
Staley still having some issues, but the unit looked better.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Staley still having some issues, but the unit looked better.

Yeah, I definitely got the vibe that he is playing through an injury; he tweaked his bad ankle in camp 4 weeks ago, and it's still nagging him.
Not one word about Harbaugh's use of Boone right next to A. Davis in those short yardage scores ........ brilliant get those big bodies in there.
The O-lines spacing seems to be more compact, with shorter QB drops. That is smart, because our guards don't get bull rushed as much as they get beaten in space.

And I LOVE the way we mix up the running game. Our run blocking was incredible on those sweeps.
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
Not one word about Harbaugh's use of Boone right next to A. Davis in those short yardage scores ........ brilliant get those big bodies in there.

Boone will be harbaughs secret weapon on running plays. that guy against a LB or safety will not end well for the Defense lol.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:

Boone will be harbaughs secret weapon on running plays. that guy against a LB or safety will not end well for the Defense lol.

Ha!
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Staley wasn't bad against LBs either!

• dj43
The best thing I saw last night was how well Rachal played again. Other than a couple of communication breakdowns during this PS, the guy has been very good. He is lighter and quicker on his feet. Last night he dominated his zone all night long, even when he was going against 1st teamers. He is finally looking more like a 2nd round pick.
Originally posted by dj43:
The best thing I saw last night was how well Rachal played again. Other than a couple of communication breakdowns during this PS, the guy has been very good. He is lighter and quicker on his feet. Last night he dominated his zone all night long, even when he was going against 1st teamers. He is finally looking more like a 2nd round pick.

Rachal was great last night. He played with passion, too. He's always seemed kind of aloof, but he was very engaged last night. Very encouraging.
Hope the o line looks like this vs Seattle. They are just so inconsistent. Seattle has a really lame pass rush. They should man handle them and hopefully that will give them more confidence and cohesiveness.
Originally posted by dj43:

His run-blocking has always been his strength, I remember watching (and reading later) how he plowed through guys (even high profile DL guys like Dockett) to make room for Gore to run through. It's his pass-protection that was always questionable. If he improves on that and doesn't give up many sacks and QB hurries, he'll deserve to be a starter for the whole season. If not, I can see coaches putting guys like Snyder or Boone in, especially if we're behind and in obvious passing situations.
[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Sep 2, 2011 at 9:48 AM ]
With the way Anthony Davis uses his arms, he might as well be Gary Coleman...... Its like his elbows are stitched to his waist....

How do the coaches not reem his ass for that?
Share 49ersWebzone