LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

OFFENSIVE LINE PLAY: Most Important

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for Memphis9er.
Originally posted by gravelburn:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Alcohol is just plain liquid evil.It is a travesty of the highest degree that marijuana is illegal,yet you can go to almost any store and load up on something that can (and will) ruin lives.

Let's not go overboard. Boone is obviously an alcoholic, so it's probably best for him to just stay clear of the booze. But in society at large, it's not alcohol that's the problem but a culture of excess and aggression. Most alcoholics don't go around smashing windshields, so it's apparent alcoholism is just one of his issues. That being said, for his sake and the Niners', I hope he makes the team and figures himself out along the way.

...and yes, it's ridiculous that alcohol is legal and marijuana isn't.

Don't get me wrong,I am pulling for Boone to beat his demons,I doubt alcohol put the rage into him,but I guarantee you that it was what let it out of him.Hopefully he can channel that aggression into becoming a top notch RT. I was not trying to comment negatively about Boone,just making an observation about the hypocrisy in the legal system.I (unlike some that post on these boards) pull for anyone and everyone on the Niners,but even if Alex wasn't a Niner I would still hope he gets himself squared away.
I'd rather root for Alex Boone than Alex Smith
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
Boone and Sheets won't make this team.

Boone might be more likely to get plucked off the practice squad than Sheets, so he might take Damane Duckett's old spot at the end of our Oline bench next season in the best case scenario. No way we're getting rid of Sims for him though.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:

Boone might be more likely to get plucked off the practice squad than Sheets, so he might take Damane Duckett's old spot at the end of our Oline bench next season in the best case scenario. No way we're getting rid of Sims for him though.

Your a Barry Sims fan?
I think he's a pretty good player. My guess is he makes the team. His problems are mostly off the field. As a NFL RT I think he can be effective. He is very big and powerful. He was pretty highly regarded at Ohio State before running into off the field trouble.
He's gonna have to earn it in training camp, I hope he makes the team
Rooting for Alex Boone to beat his demons and hopefully both make this team and then make us stronger at that position. He could easily turn out to be a great find if he can overcome his off field problems. Sounds like he is already popular among the players.
I HOPE HE MAKES THE TEAM
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A

WRONG...Both will make this team...
  • lmathomas
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by MertonHanks:
Boone in, Sims out is one of my biggest hopes for training camp.

Sims needs to go regardless. Boy it's hard to root for any Buckeye

Hes not a buckeye he's a NINER now

Originally posted by BigMar:

Your a Barry Sims fan?

A Barry Sims fan, no, not at all. He's a poor starter and average backup at this point in his career.

That said, we've got a guy with chronic back issues who can't make it through a season at RT, and people who think we're going to have a rookie UFA with major addiction problems as our primary backup at that spot are just fooling themselves. The organization is hoping to groom Boone for down the line (as they've made clear), but cutting Sims for THIS season would be a HUGE mistake, despite him being the whipping boy for the Zone.
Originally posted by sarpp:

I just don't see the scenario in which Sheets makes it beyond the practice squad unless Coffee, Gore, or M-Rob gets injured.

I guess we could carry four RBs, but it seems like kind of a waste of a roster spot.
Originally posted by sarpp:

I just don't see the scenario in which Sheets makes it beyond the practice squad unless Coffee, Gore, or M-Rob gets injured.

I guess we could carry four RBs, but it seems like kind of a waste of a roster spot.

M-Rob as a FB behind Noris might do it
Originally posted by BigMar:

Your a Barry Sims fan?

A Barry Sims fan, no, not at all. He's a poor starter and average backup at this point in his career.

That said, we've got a guy with chronic back issues who can't make it through a season at RT, and people who think we're going to have a rookie UFA with major addiction problems as our primary backup at that spot are just fooling themselves. The organization is hoping to groom Boone for down the line (as they've made clear), but cutting Sims for THIS season would be a HUGE mistake, despite him being the whipping boy for the Zone.

We've still got Adam Snyder. Cutting Sims would not be a mistake in any sense of the word.
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Originally posted by gravelburn:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Alcohol is just plain liquid evil.It is a travesty of the highest degree that marijuana is illegal,yet you can go to almost any store and load up on something that can (and will) ruin lives.

Let's not go overboard. Boone is obviously an alcoholic, so it's probably best for him to just stay clear of the booze. But in society at large, it's not alcohol that's the problem but a culture of excess and aggression. Most alcoholics don't go around smashing windshields, so it's apparent alcoholism is just one of his issues. That being said, for his sake and the Niners', I hope he makes the team and figures himself out along the way.

...and yes, it's ridiculous that alcohol is legal and marijuana isn't.
Whether or not they go out and smash windshields is irrelivant to what he said. Being an alcoholic will ruin your life eventually whether your aggressive or not. However being a complete pot head also wont launch you to the next tier in your life.

THIS is why I cant stop reading these forums. A topic that was suppossed to be clearly about Boone turns into to an argument about alcoholism, prohibition, and the legalizaton of marijuana. LMAO.

Share 49ersWebzone