There are 248 users in the forums

OFFENSIVE LINE PLAY: Most Important

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Rattay, Benched. Hill, Benched. Dilfer, Benched. O'Sullivan, Benched. T. Smith, Benched.

If you think it has nothing to do with the coaching, then we really don't have anything more to talk about.

and all of those qbs are starting where? this pretty much sums it up.
Rattay, Benched. Hill, Benched. Dilfer, Benched. O'Sullivan, Benched. T. Smith, Benched.

If you think it has nothing to do with the coaching, then we really don't have anything more to talk about.

Alex Smith=Benched X 7

All of those players played better than Alex Smith when on the field with the same coaching staffs I don't give a s**t if they were benched.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
If all you watch is the ball, then you have missed an ongoing weakness. It was the reason the team spent two high draft choices on OL last year. IMO, OL has been a close second to QB and was VERY often the reason QB play was not better.

I know the OL is not that good but I am sorry there are more productive QBs in the league than Alex Smith who have worse offensive lines than he does.

I won't go into another AS realm but the 49er OL was in the top 5 (worst 5?) in QB pressures/passing attempt last season. I would challenge you to show a comparison between pressures and productivity of QBs. I'm out for the next few hours. Back later.

Rational thinking is not permited in NT. Nor are you allowed to ask it of anyone else.
I won't go into another AS realm but the 49er OL was in the top 5 (worst 5?) in QB pressures/passing attempt last season. I would challenge you to show a comparison between pressures and productivity of QBs. I'm out for the next few hours. Back later.

As I said before. Much of the blame goes to Alex Smith for the poor oline play. I am not going to waste my time gathering offensive line statistics as I don't believe in statistics to assess the play of a group of players that don't touch the ball. I will assume what you say is true and challenge you to find the 4 offensive lines worse than ours over the span you are talking about and find the production of the QBs on those teams. I bet 3 of the 5 will have better production than Smith on a per game basis

OK, I think we are talking apples and oranges. You are saying that Alex contributed to poor O-Line play when if fact what you mean is that the O-Line isn't the reason Alex performed badly.

Those are 2 different things.
Alex Smith=Benched X 7

All of those players played better than Alex Smith when on the field with the same coaching staffs I don't give a s**t if they were benched.

yet only one remains
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
yet only one remains

Remove your vice grip from Alex Smiths scrotum already
[ Edited by RichmondPete on Aug 12, 2011 at 12:23 PM ]
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
I'm willing to go out on a limb that no other NFL team in the past 5-7 years has invested as many high round draft picks on offensive linemen. Our O-line coaches have had good credentials and while they have had some success at run blocking, pass blocking has been a constant problem.

Why? Why?

Why? Because the coaching staff had no clue about how to run an imaginative passing offense.

Alex Smith=Benched X 7

Wrong. Alex was benched and replaced only ONCE. Troy Smith LAST year.

Rattay started BEFORE Alex. Dilfer took over when Alex separated his shoulder. Hill took over for Dilfer. O'Sullivan won the starting job, but Alex wa hurt in the pre-season.
Alex Smith=Benched X 7

yet only one remains

Who played better?
OK, I think we are talking apples and oranges. You are saying that Alex contributed to poor O-Line play when if fact what you mean is that the O-Line isn't the reason Alex performed badly.

Pllease stop asking other people to reclarify what you refuse to understand.

Originally posted by Jakemall:
Alex Smith=Benched X 7

yet only one remains

Who played better?

When? I seem to remember Hill being Benched and Alex taking over in Houston and throwing 3 TDs to Davis in the second half. Peeps love to jump on Alex when things go right and there is always a reason why he did well.
Remove your vice grip from Alex Smiths scrotum already

Originally posted by Jakemall:
Who played better?

if anybody played better then smith they would be here over him.

Pllease stop asking other people to reclarify what you refuse to understand.

LOL! Um...then make sense. ;-) You are saying that Alex contributed to poor O-Line play and then saying that your proof is that other QBs have played better with worse lines. What does one have to do with the other? If Alex were contibuting to poor O-Line play, that would mean that he himself is making the O-Line worse than it actually is.

Ok now I know you are clueless. Shaun Hill outplayed Alex Smith there is no debating that. Troy Smith had more wins than Alex last year there is no debating that. Trent Dilfer had a 300 yard 3 touchdown win over Kurt Warner and the Cardinals Alex Smith has never had a win like that. Team Rattay had a 400 yard game in 04 Alex Smith never has and will never do that.

Ok now I know you are clueless. Shaun Hill outplayed Alex Smith there is no debating that. Troy Smith had more wins than Alex last year there is no debating that. Trent Dilfer had a 300 yard 3 touchdown win over Kurt Warner and the Cardinals Alex Smith has never had a win like that. Team Rattay had a 400 yard game in 04 Alex Smith never has and will never do that.

Sigh. I give up.

Go ahead and hate the guy. Its your right. I'm done trying to convince the unconvincable.
Share 49ersWebzone