There are 212 users in the forums

OFFENSIVE LINE PLAY: Most Important

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninertico:
New Alex Boone vid...

Wasn't this kid projected as a late 1st to 2nd round pick til his drinking incident??

Anyways, I'm also rooting for this kid, but I'm also rooting for Barry Sims too (surprisingly).

I wonder if its possible to keep our OL with:

Iupati
Davis
Heitmann
Baas
Sims
Wallace
Staley
Wragge
Boone

??????
Originally posted by Kolohe:
New Alex Boone vid...

Wasn't this kid projected as a late 1st to 2nd round pick til his drinking incident??

Anyways, I'm also rooting for this kid, but I'm also rooting for Barry Sims too (surprisingly).

Iupati
Davis
Heitmann
Baas
Sims
Wallace
Staley
Wragge
Boone

??????

You forgot Rachal, but if we're keeping 10, I'll take Snyder over Wallace. Snyder has game experience and Wallace has only dressed once. Wragge would likely be the primary backup center with Baas being the 3rd center. We don't need Wallace. He was a total waste of a pick.

But since we're probably keeping 9, I'd easily pick Sims—and probably Boone unless he totally sucks in TC and preseason—over Snyder.

My depth chart would probably look something like this...

OT: Staley, Davis, Sims, Boone, Snyder (?)
OG: Rachal, Iupati, Baas, Wragge, Snyder (?)
C: Heitmann, Wragge, Baas
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
New Alex Boone vid...

Iupati
Davis
Heitmann
Baas
Sims
Wallace
Staley
Wragge
Boone

??????

You forgot Rachal, but if we're keeping 10, I'll take Snyder over Wallace. Snyder has game experience and Wallace has only dressed once. Wragge would likely be the primary backup center with Baas being the 3rd center. We don't need Wallace. He was a total waste of a pick.

But since we're probably keeping 9, I'd easily pick Sims—and probably Boone unless he totally sucks in TC and preseason—over Snyder.

My depth chart would probably look something like this...

OT: Staley, Davis, Sims, Boone, Snyder (?)
OG: Rachal, Iupati, Baas, Wragge, Snyder (?)
C: Heitmann, Wragge, Baas

The great thing about this conversation is that we finally are talking about depth and talent on our OL for the first time in over 10 years I believe. Sure we got two rooks on our OL this year, but man are they going to be something special next year.

That's why Boone is such a great find and story. He's makin' it happen and he looks better than ever. What a time to turn it around, huh? Just when we needed it!
The national press on Alex Boone essentially have booked him a spot on the team. He definitely wont pass waivers if he doesn't make the 53 man roster, and a young tackle with a thirst to prove himself is a worth quite a bit.

Welcome to the 49ers 53 man roster Alex Boone
actully it was the 49ers that started it all with boone way before nfl caught onto it the 49ers published his film on 49ers.com which showed how much he built himself up then nfl put him in on the fringe and i must say he really deserves to be there hes turned himself around and has talent to go forward he wont be on practice squad no way he gonna be in team
Hope you do well Boone
Dude BROKE A BLOCKING SLED!!!!!!! welcome to my team Mr Boone!

I could see us cutting Wallace.

[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Aug 9, 2010 at 00:42:36 ]
Are they only allowed in redzone situations, and in Harbaughs offense, what current niner OL would be possible assets?

Can you run an OL eligable play from anywhere on the field at any time?

Thanks for all input and thoughts.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I'll be honest, I still don't really get OL eligibility.

I'm just curious because I think Harbaugh could add surprise plays, but younever see teams do this at their own 40 on a 2nd or 3rd down.
Not certain but I believe the player is required to report to the ref that he will be eligible and then not be covered by the TE or another lineman to his outside. As far as I know it is anywhere on the field. You can also line up the player in the backfield, etc.

Hope someone will either confirm or correct this.

why would you wanna use this on your 40?
[ Edited by FreddyG on Jul 2, 2011 at 10:55 PM ]
I believe OL eligible player is an extra Tackle lining up on the line of scrimmage (like a TE), needing to report to the ref before the play. By taking the TE out of the play, the defense can get fooled into thinking run and you beat him quick and high to one of the best handed guy on the O-line. I believe.
Originally posted by Janitor:
I'll be honest, I still don't really get OL eligibility.

I'll be honest this is the most roller coaster offseason ever! I'd like to go back to bashing alex already!
Share 49ersWebzone