LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

Which QB Would You Want to Lead This Team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which QB Would You Want to Lead This Team?

Originally posted by GONINERS09:
Mike Vick!!!!!!!!!!

I second that notion
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
Originally posted by jogr49:
Neither QB. They both are sub par.

OK, Niner Fan, then let's just forfeit the season and wait for next year's draft. Good god, get on board, man. They're who we have. Period. Manning, Brees, Cutler, etc. are not on the plate. Here are your choices for this year: Hill, Smith, Davis or Huard. It's called reality - put your hands in the air and just go with it!

My friend;

This team has increased competition at every position by adding talent to win in 2009 except for what many feel is it's weakest link; QB.

They have added talent to the RB positions, WR, Tight end, both OL and DL, LB and DB to improve performance now. This QB competition is a joke as the same choices compete. Opposing teams can use the same defensive strategy to nullify the additional talent; cut off the short routes and blitz. How would you defend them?

I'm like Jogr49; unimpressed.

[ Edited by ttime1 on Jun 17, 2009 at 19:35:49 ]
Originally posted by ttime1:
Mike Vick!!!!!!!!!!

I second that notion

HELL NO!

Hang Vick IMO!

[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Jun 20, 2009 at 08:46:50 ]
Shaun Hill
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Mike Vick!!!!!!!!!!

I second that notion

HELL NO!

Hang Vick IMO!

That is exactly what you are going to scream if he joins the Rams and slap two losses on us. And if I were you, I would be VERY careful with choice of words that you use to convey your displeasure.

[ Edited by ttime1 on Jun 17, 2009 at 19:39:29 ]
At this point, I'd have to go w/Hill...but I love how Alex is coming back, regaining his form and confidence. It wouldn't upset me if he ended up beating Shaun out...because he'll have earned it. To me, this competition's good for both of 'em, and overall definitely strengthens the QB position. Like I've said all along, may the best man win.
Mike Vick is Dangerous as hell in a run based offense. Now lets see that with the luxury of having a good group of WR and legit deep threats like Morgan and Crabtree as opposed to Finneran and Michael Jenkins with Gregg Knapp (lmao) calling plays. Throw out the dog ssshhh Vick is a threat on every play why would you not want him? If not to be the starting QB this year at the very least as the best wildcat threat in the league and I think putting him behind center would dramatically help our woeful short yardage situation. Vick or Damon Huard? come on easy decision. DO IT DO IT!!!!!!

[ Edited by GONINERS09 on Jun 18, 2009 at 02:16:31 ]
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Better tools = AS
Better leader (as shown thus far) = SH
More upside = AS
"It" factor/gamer = SH
Best position to win TODAY = SH

I WANT Smith to lead the team. I think that Hill SHOULD lead the team.

Nicely phrased
Normally, I'd say I'm in utter disbelief that Alex Smith is winning this poll after not playing for a year and a half and playing terrible in the time he saw on the field prior. Then again it's the webzone, home of blind faith to a first pick bust. The proof is in the pudding (pudding being the numbers, td/int, w/l, etc.) and all signs point towards Hill. I guess Smith fans heard all they needed when it was reported that his passes in non-padded, no contact PRACTICES have "zip" and "tight spirals". Because lord knows all it takes to succeed in he NFL are passes with zip and tight spirals

• ZRF80
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Normally, I'd say I'm in utter disbelief that Alex Smith is winning this poll after not playing for a year and a half and playing terrible in the time he saw on the field prior. Then again it's the webzone, home of blind faith to a first pick bust. The proof is in the pudding (pudding being the numbers, td/int, w/l, etc.) and all signs point towards Hill. I guess Smith fans heard all they needed when it was reported that his passes in non-padded, no contact PRACTICES have "zip" and "tight spirals". Because lord knows all it takes to succeed in he NFL are passes with zip and tight spirals

Amen brother. It just baffles me how many on this board just cant accept that Smith is a bust. Forget us fellow zoners; the entire FOOTBALL PLANET has labeled him a bust..........yet somehow, people find ways to defend him. I guess when you lose enough, it becomes acceptable to root for losing ways........

How far we've fallen as a franchise............
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I don't beleive for a minute there is a real competition. Hill will be starting opening day. This is all a motivational tactic to keep both guys on their toes. Smith may look great in practice, so did Taylor Mays.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Mike Vick!!!!!!!!!!

I second that notion

HELL NO!

Hang Vick IMO!

Thats a douchey thing to say. So what you are saying is that someone who has killed animals but not people deserves to be hung, in your opinion? Wow what about Donte Stallworth? Would you want to eat his children in your opinion?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

Amen brother. It just baffles me how many on this board just cant accept that Smith is a bust. Forget us fellow zoners; the entire FOOTBALL PLANET has labeled him a bust..........yet somehow, people find ways to defend him. I guess when you lose enough, it becomes acceptable to root for losing ways........

How far we've fallen as a franchise............

Well said both of you! I wonder if the Smith lovers will finally quiet down when he does nothing good this year.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Better tools = AS
Better leader (as shown thus far) = SH
More upside = AS
"It" factor/gamer = SH
Best position to win TODAY = SH

I WANT Smith to lead the team. I think that Hill SHOULD lead the team.

This is actually a pretty good way of putting it. I feel the same way. I want Smith to pull through and be the player that we drafted him to be, but Hill has shown to have the "it" factor and the offense seems to respond to him

I think they should do with Smith what Walsh did with Montana...let Hill bring them down to the red zone and then throw Smith in there to score to boost his confidence (either that or he'll tank it, and they'll really know he's done for).

The kid is 25 yrs old, and Nolan beat the crap out of him for 3 1/2 yrs. He's got plenty of football left in him...so just put him in situations to succeed and let him get his confidence back.
Share 49ersWebzone