LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by captveg:
Honestly, Santa Clara are being brats about this. If it was any other management group they would have worked it out with them, but since it's the 49ers they went nuclear. I doubt they'll be able to hire an events group that is able to meet their NIMBY standards for concerts and events any easier.

Yeah the 49ers have proven time and time again that they are very stand up and one of the best businesses to work with. Just check out the youth soccer fields, under paying the city rent and all other shady stuff they have pulled in the past. They are definitely the victim in this scenario.
I really wish the Niners could move back to SF. I hate the location of Levi's.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Honestly, Santa Clara are being brats about this. If it was any other management group they would have worked it out with them, but since it's the 49ers they went nuclear. I doubt they'll be able to hire an events group that is able to meet their NIMBY standards for concerts and events any easier.

Yeah the 49ers have proven time and time again that they are very stand up and one of the best businesses to work with. Just check out the youth soccer fields, under paying the city rent and all other shady stuff they have pulled in the past. They are definitely the victim in this scenario.

Not saying anyone is a victim here. Just saying that trying to accommodate such restrictive NIMBY policies when also trying to maximize revenue with top talent concerts/events isn't exactly a walk in the park.

The city already lost the tax dispute. We'll see if they can win this lawsuit.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 18, 2019 at 12:47 PM ]

Not saying anyone is a victim here. Just saying that trying to accommodate such restrictive NIMBY policies when also trying to maximize revenue with top talent concerts/events isn't exactly a walk in the park.

I don't even know what the problem is? Why do they not want events in Santa Clara?
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I don't even know what the problem is? Why do they not want events in Santa Clara?

Santa Clara wants excessive restrictions yet cries foul when top acts/events don't come to Levi's because of those restrictions. Morons.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
10pm stadium curfew
lolz
Originally posted by Costanza:
I really wish the Niners could move back to SF. I hate the location of Levi's.

That's not happening so live with it. I bet Raiders fans would love to have this stadium even with it's faults instead of seeing their team move to Vegas. Remember, that could have been the Niners going to Vegas since SF couldn't come up with a suitable site.

It's funny how we never complained about having to drive from Sunnyvale to the Stick which was a dump but now it's just too far to go the other way. If they start winning everyone will want to go again. The Stick used to get crowds of 35K before Walsh came along and turned things around.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Sep 18, 2019 at 2:06 PM ]
From what I've read since the stadium has opened it has been one dispute after another. One of the problems is the Santa Clara mayor who wasn't a fan of the stadium project form the start. I know that if the Niners said enough is enough and announced they were moving to? the city would go crazy and announce another lawsuit. The stadium was built with private money so most of this is over taxes and other fees that the city collects. There are still cities that welcome NFL teams and some even foot the bill for the building costs but not so in California.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
This

👆🏼
Santa Clara wants excessive restrictions yet cries foul when top acts/events don't come to Levi's because of those restrictions. Morons.

Liberalism is a mental disorder

Isnt't most of the surrounding area just a business park full of office and commercial buildings? I could understand the restrictions if there was a ton of residential homes, but there isn't, at least I don't recall there being.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Isnt't most of the surrounding area just a business park full of office and commercial buildings? I could understand the restrictions if there was a ton of residential homes, but there isn't, at least I don't recall there being.

You're right. The immediate area is offices, hotels and restaurants. I guess the sound from concerts could carry as far as Lawrence Expressway to the north and there are homes in that area. Probably depends on which way the breeze is blowing. I'm not sure how far the nearest homes are to the south and there's nothing to the east. Maybe the planes flying overhead are complaining.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Nah they built it right next to some neighborhoods. They have always been told they wouldn't be able to have noise past 10pm which was fine with everybody trying to get the stadium built. Now that it is built I'm sure the 49ers are happy to go back on that agreement.
The neighborhood is to the south/southeast.

The neighborhood is to the south/southeast.

Thanks for that photo. I didn't know what was in that direction. Never really had a reason to go there when I lived in Sunnyvale. Those house are pretty close so if the wind was blowing form the north they would get blasted. I wonder how many of those people were in favor of the stadium and never really considered the noise.
Share 49ersWebzone