There are 169 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by susweel:
Levis never been that packed ever

Wasnt there an actual Super bowl there?

Don't mind my boy, sus. Sometimes his words get out in front of his brain.
WrestleMania 31 was the loudest experience I've had there in 4+ years and 45+ games
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
WrestleMania 31 was the loudest experience I've had there in 4+ years and 45+ games

Makes sense. Most of the field was covered in seats. A lot more voices making noise.
Any reaction from the college football world/the two fan bases about the stadium/the area/how we did as hosts?
Originally posted by Jcool:

game turd, lol
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
game turd, lol

It is still there. Lol
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lul game turd. ahh...
49ers win millions in taxes
Posted by Mike Florio on January 23, 2019, 9:32 PM EST

The 49ers haven't done much winning on the field in recent years. They recently secured a big win away from it.
According to Daniel Kaplan o SportsBusiness Daily, the Santa Clara County Tax Assessment Appeals Board carved in half the team's tax obligation at Levi's Stadium.
"We expect this decision will cause $30.8 million in refunds this year, and a $6 million reduction in taxes collected every year thereafter," Santa Clara County assessor Lawrence Stone wrote in a memo, via Kaplan. "The AAB decision was shocking and unexpected. The result will likely have significant financial consequence."
Impact on the public coffers be damned, that's a lot of found money for the 49ers, whose sweetheart deal in Santa Clara has now gotten a whole lot sweeter.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/23/49ers-win-millions-in-taxes/
So they're still contributing over $200 million each year after the reduction, I believe I read. There must be some reason they were given this cut. I don't pretend to understand tax law and understand why all this went down. Can anybody explain?
This article has more details.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/01/23/huge-tax-hit-looms-after-49ers-win-levis-stadium-property-tax-appeal/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/01/23/huge-tax-hit-looms-after-49ers-win-levis-stadium-property-tax-appeal/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Jed doing his best to keep the the people of Santa Clara dumb...$13 million from the school district....
Originally posted by captveg:

Wow
Originally posted by jcs:
Jed doing his best to keep the the people of Santa Clara dumb...$13 million from the school district....

No, the niners deserved to win that. The economic impact they provide the city is tremendous, and they privately funded a stadium on land that was sitting there not spurring any activity. The city got greedy, government always trying to get in all pockets it can. And guess what, more money to the government is not the solution, spending the current (or less) money wisely is.

The schools in Santa Clara should be flush with cash. The property tax they receive is probably astronomical
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The pac12 pulled their championship game from Levi's. Lol pretty sad even college teams don't want to play there.
Originally posted by susweel:
The pac12 pulled their championship game from Levi's. Lol pretty sad even college teams don't want to play there.

It'll still be there 1 more year. They just opted out of the last year (2020). They can probably get better attendance in SoCal, but they won't see sell outs unless USC or UCLA are in it. Nobody cares otherwise. Conference title games are only big in huge college football areas.
Share 49ersWebzone