Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.sacbee.com/2014/08/25/6653602/grass-update-49ers-rip-up-field.html
One of the views from SRO in the corner of the endzone. Great view IMO

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I really wish they would cancel that stupid soccer game on sept.6

Really not too worried about it. I doubt the Soccer game will do much to the field. The Earthquakes game didn't seem to bother it too much.

Well it won't help

I agree, after going through the embarrassment, hassle, and expense of these past couple weeks, why take a chance? I know the money to be made on the soccer game is the #1 answer, but the revenue from one soccer game isn't going to make or break anything. Reschedule or move it elsewhere.
Originally posted by pickle:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Yeah, that would be one of my few complaints is the music... they've got this incredible sound system, but entire pre-game it's nothing but hip-hop...not everyone there thinks Drake is the pinnacle of musical enjoyment. I like some rap and don't mind it if you're going to mix in something else, but it's like they have it tuned to KMEL. And even during the game, it's about all you hear. I think the only time there's even a hint of rock is when it's 3rd down, then you get like 2 seconds of Metallica or that type of music that gets you fired up. I get it that music is one of those things where you can't always please everyone, but for f*** sake, change it up a bit, give me some "Thunderstruck" once in a while.

I agree 100%. It was if the only demographic they are focusing on is the one that listens to hip hop. Some musical diversity wouldn't hurt, especially considering that the demographic paying the most money for the club seats is not hip hop aficionados--I could be wrong.

You're not.
Yeah, that would be one of my few complaints is the music... they've got this incredible sound system, but entire pre-game it's nothing but hip-hop...not everyone there thinks Drake is the pinnacle of musical enjoyment. I like some rap and don't mind it if you're going to mix in something else, but it's like they have it tuned to KMEL. And even during the game, it's about all you hear. I think the only time there's even a hint of rock is when it's 3rd down, then you get like 2 seconds of Metallica or that type of music that gets you fired up. I get it that music is one of those things where you can't always please everyone, but for f*** sake, change it up a bit, give me some "Thunderstruck" once in a while.

I agree 100%. It was if the only demographic they are focusing on is the one that listens to hip hop. Some musical diversity wouldn't hurt, especially considering that the demographic paying the most money for the club seats is not hip hop aficionados--I could be wrong.

You're not.

You're opinion is obviously biased, though. lol
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

You're not.

You're opinion is obviously biased, though. lol

Probably so, but judging from the small universe of people sitting around me, many of whom were making negative comments, and some friends I bumped into who joked they were hanging out in the club pre-game to escape the music, my opinion might be accurate. I'm not saying it's unbearable, and I do like some of it...I'm just saying it wouldn't kill them to change it up every third or fourth song.
I agree, after going through the embarrassment, hassle, and expense of these past couple weeks, why take a chance? I know the money to be made on the soccer game is the #1 answer, but the revenue from one soccer game isn't going to make or break anything. Reschedule or move it elsewhere.

I'd rather them just install field turf for the season and start over again next year. Whatever new sod they install, it's going to look bad all year.

I'd rather them just install field turf for the season and start over again next year. Whatever new sod they install, it's going to look bad all year.

On the bright side, January games (this year) will look a lot like the 80s and 90s. I'll never forget in 1994 when our field took Charles Haley, and Larry Allen down before halftime.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
s**t, that's a good question.

Helicopter?! Joking aside, my best guess would be the South tunnel. But, I wouldn't mind using my Faithful 49 yards for a helicopter ride
Originally posted by 74offsuit:
Cool pic. How do they get those things in there now that the stadium is built? Is it through the South Endzone Tunnel?

superman

Captain Kap!

If they simply install a new sod the field that takes hold and becomes very firm and solid there shouldn't be any problem from here on out. The original turf that was laid down was put over a composition of sand/soil that had too much sand in it. How the hell did these guys not know that the mixture was out of balance???
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by hello28:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Granted that it's only preseason, what's the report on stadium noise in there?

On my TV, you guys are rockin'

Inquiring minds (poor people) want to know

I was in the 232-235 area... Thought the crowd noise coming from that area was poor. Only a couple people yelling Defense on Third down. No one yelling on first or second down. Hard to tell about the noise in a preseason game. Chicago will be the real test, but most everyone around me only yelled when the Niners made a great play. I felt most were there to just wait for the touchdowns... Hopefully I am wrong.

I agree with you re crowd noise!! I sure hope it changes or man i'm going to be yelling at a lot of fans lol

I was in C236, it was very loud at beginning of the game but then tapered off quite a bit...and when there was noise it seemed to me to be coming more from the end zones. I hope preseason isn't a true indicator of regular season because the club sections are a double-edge sword...they're cool, spacious, and comfortable, but not conducive to crowd noise.

There were LOTS of people staying in the air-conditioned clubs sitting in lounge areas or at tables. And only those near windows can see the game live on the field, and even then not a great view since only parts of the field can be seen...if watching on the TVs, there's a delay of a couple seconds so they're not seeeing it live, besides the fact any noise inside clubs will not be heard outside. As for people who were in their seats around us, a lot of them busy with their phones/tablets, only look up briefly and then it's back to Facebook. Bears game Week 2 will be the true test.

Thanks for the feedback, fellas. I actually went to the Levis tour a few weeks back and the tour-guide emphasized how the speakers face the field and how the lowerbowl is the biggest of any NFL stadium -- in other words, it ought to be "deafening". I guess step-2 for this to come into fruition will require an actual game that matters.

Thanks again, guys!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Looks like they're getting the new sod from a different supplier this time. In Barrows article it says it's some place in Santa Barbara.

[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 26, 2014 at 2:15 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Looks like they're getting the new sod from a different supplier this time. In Barrows article it says it's some place in Santa Barbara.

new supplier eh?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Mike Rosenberg ‏@RosenbergMerc

Guessing the dog-beating concessions CEO story is not what the #49ers wanted to see in run-up to opening new stadium

http://fortune.com/2014/08/25/dog-abuse-video-stadium-food-centerplate-des-hague/?utm_content=bufferaf75e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Share 49ersWebzone