LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Mike Rosenberg ‏@RosenbergMerc

Updated look at Levi's Stadium: yard lines down, middle #49ers logo ready to go in, 22 hrs to kickoff (via @MGDean11)

Awesome

Not really, it's actually got visible seams everywhere, not a lush green like it might look in a pic, it's a solid brown-green and a couple spots look spray painted....aesthetics be damned though, as long as no one slips and blows out a knee.
field looks terrible lol
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
field looks terrible lol

Welp, went to the game today and Levi's is 100 times better than Candlestick. Getting there was super easy on VTA and overall the experience was pretty good. With that said, I do have a few comments.

Food - plenty of food choices, but there isn't really anything on the tower side. You have a few concessions on each end of the tower. This is only about the lower level, because we did not go upstairs. I suppose we could go up to the Yahoo sports area, but we didn't make it this time, if even possible

Layout - I was expecting it to be a bit more open. .
TOWER SIDE - On the tower side, you have a pretty narrow walkway (~10 feet) in front which is a mes, and then an "express walkway" behind the tower with zero concessions. This just seems like poor design. Why not just make one large walkway in front/below the tower?
BOWL SIDE - lots of concessions, but not as wide as I was expecting. I was hoping for the width of Wembley, but you get closer to the widest parts of Giants stadium. Again, they have the stupid walkway behind all of the concessions and a couple kiosks in back.

Drinks - More full liquor bars, and I think they prefer this as there was stations all over. If you love a good variety of beers, you have to go to the Tap Room on the bowl side about the 50-yard line. Otherwise, the beer selection in the rest of the stadium is pretty much limited to Bud Light, Bud, and Shock Top. BLEH!!! Guess I will be drinking liquor at the games as I don't want to walk accross the stadium for microbrews. Maybe there is something in the Yahoo lounge.

Noise - I think it will be pretty loud. When the game was mildly interesting, the stands were about 60% full and it had a pretty good sound. The real measure will be the Bears game.

Section - I am in 144, around the goal line. If you are in front of the tower, you will have shade for the second half. Huge bonus! Just like I hoped when I bought the tickets.

Transportation - I took VTA and had no issues whatsoever. They are charging $20.00 to park in the park and ride lots. We parked at Great Mall. I imagine this will be the way to get to the game. It was smooth and will only get better as they get more experience.

Food - we had the curry and a salami and mozzerella panini, both of which were very tasty!

Overall, a great stadium, but I just don't like some of the design elements as far as concessions layout and availability is optimal for all fans.
This aerial shot from the broadcast today really shows how the flight path from the San Jose airport is right over the stadium. You can see a planes shadow run over the field a few times during the games.

[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Aug 24, 2014 at 10:08 PM ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
This aerial shot from the broadcast today really shows how the flight path from the San Jose airport is right over the stadium. You can see a planes shadow run over the field a few times during the games.

Coincidentally, during the national anthem a flyover from commercial plane happened when you would expect a fighter jet to do the same. I guess that's the Levi's touch.

are those your seats stoney? i thought you were near the 50 yard line, no?

Nope. I've been the south endzone for the past 20 years. lol

Nope. I've been the south endzone for the past 20 years. lol

ahh i must be thinking of someone else, sportsfan maybe
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Aug 24, 2014 at 10:41 PM ]

I was encouraged the crowd definitely sounded louder today, at least at the beginning of the game when people were fired up...before the inept 49ers offense made its presence felt and every other person in club seats buried their face in some kind of wifi device or leave their seats empty to sit in the club.

But when it was loud, I had to lean over and pretty much yell for my son to hear me...so hopefully once the games count that will be a constant thing, though no idea how it sounds on the field or TV.

I can't say enough about getting in and out of the main parking lot...last week got to the stadium at 9:30 which was almost too early, today didn't get there until 10:45 but that was because we left the house later, not because of any traffic problems on fwy or surface streets. It is complete night and day compared to CandleDump...it's a good 25-30 more miles ONE WAY to get to Levi's, but actual time spent driving and aggravation are SO MUCH LESS than the Stick.

And speaking of the fwy, I wonder why so many people heading to the game on 680 South take Mission/262 to get to 880...that offramp is jam packed and backed up onto 680. But that's okay, the more people that want to wait there is less people taking the routes I like to use.

And then the simple act of entering the stadium gates...ALWAYS a nightmare before, now it's a total breeze, multiple gate workers with no line at all.

Yes the grass looked like poo, but that's a problem I'm sure they'll fix....but as far the stadium from a fan perspective, absolutely love it.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Aug 24, 2014 at 10:49 PM ]
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
I was encouraged the crowd definitely sounded louder today, at least at the beginning of the game when people were fired up...before the inept 49ers offense made its presence felt and every other person in club seats buried their face in some kind of wifi device or leave their seats empty to sit in the club.

But when it was loud, I had to lean over and pretty much yell for my son to hear me...so hopefully once the games count that will be a constant thing, though no idea how it sounds on the field or TV.

I can't say enough about getting in and out of the main parking lot...last week got to the stadium at 9:30 which was almost too early, today didn't get there until 10:45 but that was because we left the house later, not because of any traffic problems on fwy or surface streets. It is complete night and day compared to CandleDump...it's a good 25-30 more miles ONE WAY to get to Levi's, but actual time spent driving and aggravation are SO MUCH LESS than the Stick.

And speaking of the fwy, I wonder why so many people heading to the game on 680 South take Mission/262 to get to 880...that offramp is jam packed and backed up onto 680. But that's okay, the more people that want to wait there is less people taking the routes I like to use.

And then the simple act of entering the stadium gates...ALWAYS a nightmare before, now it's a total breeze, multiple gate workers with no line at all.

Yes the grass looked like poo, but that's a problem I'm sure they'll fix....but as far the stadium from a fan perspective, absolutely love it.

Yeah most of the traffic is because that route is backed up. Auto Mall is a breeze just a couple exits down. They just redesigned that mission area and they couldn't have done a worse job.
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Aug 24, 2014 at 10:55 PM ]
  • Jiks
Are they really going to play "turn down for what" after every TD?
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Are they really going to play "turn down for what" after every TD?

Not a fan of this either.
Don't forget about the new bag policy. Otherwise you will lose 20-30 minutes checking your bag in and another 20-30 minutes getting it back.

I know this is new NFL policy and not strictly Levi's Stadium's doing. But a reminder via the Levi's app would've usefully saved me significant time.
Share 49ersWebzone