There are 230 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
The NFL just announced Superbowl fifty will be just that, '50' instead of the Roman numeral 'L'. The SB 50 committee successfully lobbied for this one-time change mostly due to the letter L association with "loser." We just pwned Roger Gestapell haha!

That's too bad. It's a sign of the times I guess.

It's the equivalent of banning the use of the word "b***h" at the Westminster dog show, something you would do for an audience of children. Kinda sad that the NFL feels its viewers aren't mature enough for a roman numeral "L".

That super bowl trophy will look weird next to all the other ones at 4949 Centenial.

Yes, the trophy will look odd next to the other 6 with Roman numerals. It's sad that the previous 49 other SB's were or will all have been represented by a Roman numeral and this one won't be. All because L is supposedly associated with losing ? Interesting how concern for immature High School name calling overrules a half century of tradition. Rather weak-minded if you ask me. In this case "L" represents 50, not losing or losers. Only uncultured (i.e. unaware of, or too lazy to learn about, classical history) morons couldn't wrap their brains around that.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
He said that it will look weird sitting next to the others on 4949 centennial blv. And you told him he was wrong. Now you say they add it after which is a completely different point. He didn't say it would look weird when it was awarded.

well now ur just splitting hairs...& trying too hard (ergo ur edit)
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
The NFL just announced Superbowl fifty will be just that, '50' instead of the Roman numeral 'L'. The SB 50 committee successfully lobbied for this one-time change mostly due to the letter L association with "loser." We just pwned Roger Gestapell haha!

It's the equivalent of banning the use of the word "b***h" at the Westminster dog show, something you would do for an audience of children. Kinda sad that the NFL feels its viewers aren't mature enough for a roman numeral "L".

That super bowl trophy will look weird next to all the other ones at 4949 Centenial.

Yes, the trophy will look odd next to the other 6 with Roman numerals. It's sad that the previous 49 other SB's were or will all have been represented by a Roman numeral and this one won't be. All because L is supposedly associated with losing ? Interesting how concern for immature High School name calling overrules a half century of tradition. Rather weak-minded if you ask me. In this case "L" represents 50, not losing or losers. Only uncultured (i.e. unaware of, or too lazy to learn about, classical history) morons couldn't wrap their brains around that.

Hate to break it you but we lost to the Ravens. You must have passed out from excitement when Gore got us down to the 7 yard line and figured we would just give it to Gore and let him punch it in. But Kap threw his patented fade that he can't throw 3 times to Crabs and we lost. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Hate to break it you but we lost to the Ravens. You must have passed out from excitement when Gore got us down to the 7 yard line and figured we would just give it to Gore and let him punch it in. But Kap threw his patented fade that he can't throw 3 times to Crabs and we lost. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
... and Super Bowl L is two seasons from now. It's entirely possible the 49ers'll have a sixth Lombardi trophy by that time, while they're going for a seventh in their own house. Call me an optimist.
[ Edited by 49er-from-Yavin-IV on Jun 9, 2014 at 2:41 PM ]
... and Super Bowl L is two seasons from now. It's entirely possible the 49ers'll have a sixth Lombardi trophy by that time, while they're going for a seventh in their own house. Call me an optimist.
for what its worth...

L is an upside down 7

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
He said that it will look weird sitting next to the others on 4949 centennial blv. And you told him he was wrong. Now you say they add it after which is a completely different point. He didn't say it would look weird when it was awarded.

well now ur just splitting hairs...& trying too hard (ergo ur edit)
Lol I clicked quote twice and it had that pic and you're post twice. So I'm not the only one trying hard and nitpicking lol.

Touche. I like the way you think.

First off, the engraving on the trophy looking "weird" next to the other 5 is about the least relevant issue possible. Who cares if it says "Go Seahawks" on the side. The only thing that will matter is that its ours.

And its not about people not liking the letter L, its about aesthetics. "Super Bowl L" looks bad.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

Fun fact: Recycled water will account for about 85 percent of all water used in the #49ers new Levi's Stadium.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

Fun fact: Recycled water will account for about 85 percent of all water used in the #49ers new Levi's Stadium.

The York's cheapness has no limits.
I assume everyone has read that Jacksonville is removing a bunch of seats in one of their end zones and putting in a giant pool. $250 for all you can drink, eat, and swim / hit on chicks.

Now explain to me why 49ers didnt build a giant swimming pool and demand our cheerleaders wear white outfits and jump in and out of the pool all game? Spots for the pool would sell out before 50yd line seats.
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
I assume everyone has read that Jacksonville is removing a bunch of seats in one of their end zones and putting in a giant pool. $250 for all you can drink, eat, and swim / hit on chicks.

Now explain to me why 49ers didnt build a giant swimming pool and demand our cheerleaders wear white outfits and jump in and out of the pool all game? Spots for the pool would sell out before 50yd line seats.

...because we aren't the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Originally posted by Niners99:
First off, the engraving on the trophy looking "weird" next to the other 5 is about the least relevant issue possible. Who cares if it says "Go Seahawks" on the side. The only thing that will matter is that its ours.

And its not about people not liking the letter L, its about aesthetics. "Super Bowl L" looks bad.
Super Bowl L "looking bad" or not being "aesthetically pleasing" is immensely subjective and the least relevant issue possible, yet an issue was made of it none-the-less. In this society mountains are made out of many molehills, I agree that the only thing that matters is that the Lombardi trophy will be ours/the 49ers'.
Share 49ersWebzone