LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Call and ask? It should be same as before. You have option to add parking in.

Not everyone had that option. I couldn't add parking to my tickets at the stick. They will probably offer some parking packages to reserve ticket holders. Who will they offer it to though is the question.

Really? Why didn't you have option at the Stick.
i had parking at the stick, 9ers didn't offer parking outside of their own parking lot as it will be the same in SC

I'm not sure you're 100% correct, here. I know you're following the example of how candlestick was ran, but this is an entirely different situation. My buddy that talked with his rep the other day was told that parking options will be offered with tickets when all that is sent out next month.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I'm not sure you're 100% correct, here. I know you're following the example of how candlestick was ran, but this is an entirely different situation. My buddy that talked with his rep the other day was told that parking options will be offered with tickets when all that is sent out next month.

Boom. Stoney has spoken.

Not everyone had that option. I couldn't add parking to my tickets at the stick. They will probably offer some parking packages to reserve ticket holders. Who will they offer it to though is the question.

i had parking at the stick, 9ers didn't offer parking outside of their own parking lot as it will be the same in SC

yeah. following the stick protocol. Which is a similar situation we have here.

a few reason why i think parking is for club seats only.
  • No evidence and not one person is 100% sure on the subject
  • Invoices come out next month and we haven't even been entertained with prepaid parking option (but we can sign up for Michael Mina's)
  • The 49ers only have one parking lot that is their own (Great America Lot)
  • 49ers didn't offer prepaid parking outside of their own parking lot at the stick
  • 49ers did workout a deal with surrounding private business property to let people park on Gamedays like what they did in SF (Motor Home/Business)
  • Trying to organize prepaid parking for all of the different surrounding lots will be more work then it's worth.

but if im wrong then hooray..cause i want to tailgate..but i doubt it

forgot the most important one: Not enough parking spots to Ticket holders.
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Mar 18, 2014 at 2:26 PM ]

• Invoices come out next month and we haven't even been entertained with prepaid parking option (but we can sign up for Michael Mina's)
  • 49ers didn't offer prepaid parking outside of their own parking lot at the stick
  • 49ers did workout a deal with surrounding private business property to let people park on Gamedays like what they did in SF (Motor Home/Business)
  • Trying to organize prepaid parking for all of the different surrounding lots will be more work then it's worth.

So you are under the impression that outside of club seats Tailgating will be next to impossible?

Also you must have missed the article that came out a few weeks back that said the 49ers exceeded the number of parking spots that they originally planned on getting. What they got was more than enough for all season ticket holders to get a parking spot.
[ Edited by SportsFan on Mar 18, 2014 at 2:41 PM ]

Well when they secured the extra parking form those businesses, they did so by giving those businesses a larger slice of the parking pie....so that would suggest the team is making money from it, is involved in the endeavor, so likely will be involved in selling prepaid passes.

So...not only did your buddy say it, but it makes sense.

...which is why they will likely offer prepaid passes for those lots. They got a number of those businesses to come around by offereing them a larger slice of the pie. That suggests they are involved in the process.

So you are under the impression that outside of club seats Tailgating will be next to impossible?

Also you must have missed the article that came out a few weeks back that said the 49ers exceeded the number of parking spots that they originally planned on getting. What they got was more than enough for all season ticket holders to get a parking spot.

Correct.

Peeps gotta get over the "no tailgating" thing. That was someting that came out a LONG, LONG time ago and was connected to the construction of the worlds largest parking lot....at the site of the 'stick.

That hasen't been the case for a long, long time. The only places right now that I've heard there will be no tailgating is the Parking structure across the street (flames indoors=bad idea) and the golf course (open flames and methane fumes=spontaneous combustion)

Also...you are correct...there will actually be MORE parking spots than there are at Candlestick. They secured EXTRA seats by sweetening the pot to those businesses so they made more money on gamedays.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Mar 18, 2014 at 2:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:

...which is why they will likely offer prepaid passes for those lots. They got a number of those businesses to come around by offereing them a larger slice of the pie. That suggests they are involved in the process.

Those lots are private property to outsiders. You can't park there now ..the 49ers just offered them something to let the fans use that business lot on games days. That business can charge on a first come first serve basis. Just like that business you pass on the way to candlestick.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Correct.

Peeps gotta get over the "no tailgating" thing. That was someting that came out a LONG, LONG time ago and was connected to the construction of the worlds largest parking lot....at the site of the 'stick.

That hasen't been the case for a long, long time. The only places right now that I've heard there will be no tailgating is the Parking structure across the street (flames indoors=bad idea) and the golf course (open flames and methane fumes=spontaneous combustion)

Also...you are correct...there will actually be MORE parking spots than there are at Candlestick. They secured EXTRA seats by sweetening the pot to those businesses so they made more money on gamedays.
The Tailgaiting issue was that if i can get prepaid parking then i would more likely to tailgate.

I live 3 miles away and i'm not gonna fight for a parking spot if its not prepaid...because i'm not gonna try to beat out some people who are not going to the game who will just show up to tailgate and take up spots
The Tailgaiting issue was that if i can get prepaid parking then i would more likely to tailgate.

I live 3 miles away and i'm not gonna fight for a parking spot if its not prepaid...because i'm not gonna try to beat out some people who are not going to the game who will just show up to tailgate and take up spots

Just heard from my ticket rep. The 49ers will be handling the parking. So you have the option to buy that add-on much like at the Stick. How that is all exactly going to work (what parking lot you get, etc) she didn't expand on. Just that the parking is being handled by the 49ers.

Just heard from my ticket rep. The 49ers will be handling the parking. So you have the option to buy that add-on much like at the Stick. How that is all exactly going to work (what parking lot you get, etc) she didn't expand on. Just that the parking is being handled by the 49ers.

Price !?!

Price !?!

She said 400.
Price !?!
She said 400.
[ Edited by 16to87 on Mar 18, 2014 at 3:44 PM ]

Price !?!

She said 400.
Damn !
if i can't find my normal tailgate crew..it looks like i'm tailgating at home and walking over.

The lots are for the football game. There won't be people in there who aren't going to the game, just like the stick lot you have to have a valid ticket to be inside.
Share 49ersWebzone