LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
I've been lurking on here for a while and just registered recently, but I got the DVD in the mail as well. It's tricky, but I figured out how to play all the moments on my Playstation. Entering number 1 is the Bowman Pick 6, 2 is the #10 moment, 3 is #9, etc.

Welcome aboard, great name lol
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Barrows' piece is all opinionated, it's not really based on any factual info or inside sources. Basically because it doesn't appear loud and capable of containing sound to him, or built architecturally exact to the Link up in Seattle, therefore it will be quiet.

He even said that Levi's doesn't have any spaces that traps noise even when there's an enormous glass tower of suites and press boxes dominating the entire west side of the field that numerous stadium officials have stated that it was designed in part to contain noise and reflect it back onto the field . Acoustics expert he is not.

and clink has an area that isn't enclosed at all and its loud as hell. just gotta wait until we play a game there first
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by susweel:
gonna be quiet as library. lol

A potential downside to all that openness -- depending on how much you treasure your hearing - is that Levi's Stadium doesn't seem like it will be a particularly loud stadium. Unlike its counterpart in Seattle, which was built to protect fans from the rain, there are very few overhangs and spaces to trap and reflect sound. Seattle's stadium was designed to shield people from the rain; Santa Clara's was built to welcome in the light.

The other Debbie Downer observation (from someone who lived in that part of Santa Clara for four years) is that there's not much to see. The best feature of that part of the bay is that it is between two mountain ranges. Otherwise, there is a parking lot and an amusement part to the west, an electrical station to the southeast and the 49ers practice facility to the east. If such a translucent stadium had been built on the edge of the San Francisco Bay, for example, there would be a lot more to look at. Of course, the design probably couldn't have been as airy in a spot where the air can be cold and unpleasant.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2014/02/let-there-be-light-thoughts-on-the-49ers-new-stadium.html#storylink=cpy

He writes for a newspaper, and of course this makes him an acoustics expert. OK.

Did you used to take care of elephants? Because you are an expert at shoveling crap around.

Barrows wrote a similar piece a few months ago and like this one, I felt it lacked insight and source. Maiocco's article (which pertains to a similar subject, Levi's acoustics, noise factor) is much more factual, insightful, and includes more substance.

Yeah wtf Barrows saying it's going to be quiet, whereas everyone else is saying it's going to be loud as hell?

Barrows' piece is all opinionated, it's not really based on any factual info or inside sources. Basically because it doesn't appear loud and capable of containing sound to him, or built architecturally exact to the Link up in Seattle, therefore it will be quiet.

He even said that Levi's doesn't have any spaces that traps noise even when there's an enormous glass tower of suites and press boxes dominating the entire west side of the field that numerous stadium officials have stated that it was designed in part to contain noise and reflect it back onto the field . Acoustics expert he is not.

yeah, and the whole bayfront "scenery" angle is dumb....this is FOOTBALL not goddamn baseball!!! your attention is gonna be riveted 90% of the time to the action on the field, unlike the more pastoral baseball where you have leisure to take in the ambience of the surroundings as part of the experience
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

Welcome aboard, great name lol

Thanks haha, yeah one of my favorite plays in 49ers history if the Plummer/Woodall forced fumble and TD in 1995.
[ Edited by LayTheWoodall on Feb 15, 2014 at 9:16 PM ]

People keep talking about those damn overhangs in Seattle. They direct a lot of the noise downward, but they are not used very efficiently. People are not yelling straight up at them, they are only picking up the noise indirectly.
Our stadium will pick up the sound DIRECTLY out of the mouths of our fans. It will bounce DIRECTLY on the field, and most of our fans will be yelling DIRECTLY at it.

Who's louder, the guy yelling directly at you, or the guy yelling below you?

Our stadium is going to be LOUD.
  • mod
  • Veteran
I think its all about distance to the field... I dont buy Clink's stadium design. I understand domes being loud, but when it comes to outdoor venues I think its all about how far the fan base is from the field and Candlestick is probably the worst
Hahaha, hard to believe they overlooked this consideration when designing the stadium:

The stadium was originally designed to house the 49ers' sideline on the east side, where the home locker room is along with the East Field Club. But the east sideline will be in the sun for much, if not all afternoon games. Jim Harbaugh reportedly requested the team be moved to the west sideline (in the shade) well after the design was already in place.

That means the 49ers' entrance to the field will be directly behind the visiting sideline which is both inconvenient and awkward. Officials indicated the starters introductions would likely come from the south field entrance, which would negate club patrons the ability to see the starters take the field for the last time before kick off. And at halftime, teams will have to cross paths in order to get to their locker room entrances on the opposite sidelines.

http://sfo.scout.com/2/1375717.html
Hahaha, hard to believe they overlooked this consideration when designing the stadium:

The stadium was originally designed to house the 49ers' sideline on the east side, where the home locker room is along with the East Field Club. But the east sideline will be in the sun for much, if not all afternoon games. Jim Harbaugh reportedly requested the team be moved to the west sideline (in the shade) well after the design was already in place.

That means the 49ers' entrance to the field will be directly behind the visiting sideline which is both inconvenient and awkward. Officials indicated the starters introductions would likely come from the south field entrance, which would negate club patrons the ability to see the starters take the field for the last time before kick off. And at halftime, teams will have to cross paths in order to get to their locker room entrances on the opposite sidelines.

cares
Originally posted by mod:
I think its all about distance to the field... I dont buy Clink's stadium design. I understand domes being loud, but when it comes to outdoor venues I think its all about how far the fan base is from the field and Candlestick is probably the worst

No the 12th man is real, they are just louder than everyone else. They have a special and unique fan base unlike any other.

That's what they want you to think....

When I took my tour of Levi's, the guide pointed out that Baalke and Harbaugh were the ones who caught that flaw in the design. He also made a joke about Harbaugh and Schwartz hopefully not having another incident (this was before the 2013 season).

Had a dream last night that I finally got to sit down on my seat at Levi's. I can't wait to step foot in there!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Had a dream last night that I finally got to sit down on my seat at Levi's. I can't wait to step foot in there!

I wanna go to the soccer game, just to be there first when it opens
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Me too, it will also give us a chance to check out the whole stadium since I could care less about the soccer game

Me too, it will also give us a chance to check out the whole stadium since I could care less about the soccer game

exactly lol

exactly lol

STH will have a chance before that
Share 49ersWebzone