There are 200 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:
The coaches boxes are in the suite stack. If you notice, those shacks don't have windows...just openings. I'm about 99% sure those are for cameras.

they are
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
yeah..they should have said 10/10/20

They pretty much did. You just had to read your contract. Said 10% payment in Jan and then first financed payment in March. I understood it. Was hoping some other people wouldn't and are forced to panic sell some SBL's.

What is it with you and hoping people can't afford their seats. Some Faithful fan you are.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by susweel:
Last I read it will be the 3rd largest in an outdoor stadium in the NFL.

BTW...on the prvious question about that shack beneather the scoreboard....I'm pretty sure its for cameras. There is on on either side of the field right in the middle and another on top of the Suite Stack right at the 50.

just curious how much did you guys who bought season tickets pay for everything ?

2 seats, 5K per license (so 10K total) and the seats will be $125 per game (section 235).

so 10k +1250 = 11250 all upfront ?

Hard to explain because we did different plans on each seat (2 of us went in together on 2 seats), but essentially 10% of the SBL in 2011, 10% in 2012, 10% this past year, and then the rest is financed (tho I'll be paying it off way early). The first payment on that financing is due March 1st and is due once per year for 10 years.

The $2500 (2 seats) for the season tix isn't due yet and since the schedule hasn't even been released we haven't been billed for it. Someone might know better, but I think that will be due in June?
Marvin, do you know for a fact another SBL payment is due in March ?

we just made a payment a month ago. a little unfair to charge us SBLs twice then Tix the same year

Yes, I have the invoice.

It did say that from the very beginning.

On March 1st the remaining balance comes due for the SBL. If you are on a finance plan its the first payment that's due.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I have been researching the other top 5-10 loudest stadiums in the NFL and their design, and trying to compare ours to theirs. So far, I have found at least somewhat reason to believe our design should give us a very loud stadium. The part about the large lower bowl is true. It will help.

If you look at stadiums like Carolina's, or New York's MetLife, they have a large amount of upper (triple) deck seating which pushes fans further from the field. Our design does not do that. It has very little triple deck seating. (Seattle's field from what I can tell doesn't have ANY triple deck seating. It's all packed into two decks.)

The only thing that I wonder about with our stadium are the two gaps on the side, and my question is whether that will let significant noise escape. I want a ridiculously loud stadium by design. I want our rivals to hate playing there.

One thing's for sure, it should certainly by design by louder than this:

if the team is good the stadium will be loud but i don't think you can expect it to be loud like seattle...their team does a brilliant job of marketing fan pride and being loud

ours doesn't
I have been researching the other top 5-10 loudest stadiums in the NFL and their design, and trying to compare ours to theirs. So far, I have found at least somewhat reason to believe our design should give us a very loud stadium. The part about the large lower bowl is true. It will help.

If you look at stadiums like Carolina's, or New York's MetLife, they have a large amount of upper (triple) deck seating which pushes fans further from the field. Our design does not do that. It has very little triple deck seating. (Seattle's field from what I can tell doesn't have ANY triple deck seating. It's all packed into two decks.)

The only thing that I wonder about with our stadium are the two gaps on the side, and my question is whether that will let significant noise escape. I want a ridiculously loud stadium by design. I want our rivals to hate playing there.

I thoght the same thing. Add some wings to the openings that come up during games and open before and after the games start.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

I thoght the same thing. Add some wings to the openings that come up during games and open before and after the games start.

I think it's a sensible proposition. I would love to see that.

Originally posted by iLL49er:
if the team is good the stadium will be loud but i don't think you can expect it to be loud like seattle...their team does a brilliant job of marketing fan pride and being loud

ours doesn't

I bet it would be really easy to do it for us. To me it's as simple as: They say Seattle's the loudest? BEAT SEATTLE.

People eat up that "someone said they're better than us? F THAT!" stuff. I think we could sell it.
I think it's a sensible proposition. I would love to see that.

I bet it would be really easy to do it for us. To me it's as simple as: They say Seattle's the loudest? BEAT SEATTLE.

People eat up that "someone said they're better than us? F THAT!" stuff. I think we could sell it.

they certainly could but they don't....the closest they got to selling it was when harbaugh begged for the crowd to step up for the seattle game here

after that the fervor died

seattle markets it and wears it proud every game, tis become a matter of pride for their fans to be loud all game every game

if we can replicate that through marketing that'd be great

Two staples of building a louder stadium is bringing the fans closer to the field and dome and/or reflective surfaces/towers. Centurylink incorporates both very well, creating a very intimate atmosphere for the fans and those large canopies above the seats keeps the noise on the field which galvanizes an already great defense.

Stadiums like Metlife and BOA wouldn't be able to come close to Centurylink, even with larger capacity; they're design is akin to a large, open cereal bowl; the multiple levels of suites, press box, and club areas separates the lower bowl from the upper decks. The upper decks are like miles away from the field and naturally, all that noise is going swoosh, right into the air.

I like how Levi's gets away from that; by placing the press box and luxury suites on one side, it allows everyone to be closer to the field, the action, a larger lower bowl and gives most a good view. The upper decks are like right on top of the field so there's an intimidating factor there for opposing teams. Also, since Levi's is right in the middle of a neighborhood and next to various companies, Jack Hill mentioned how the tower is built to contain much of the noise so that helps.
http://fieldofteams.csnbayarea.com/2013/10/02/video-a-behind-the-scenes-tour-of-the-49ers-new-stadium/

Interestingly, those two gaps are still open though (wish they'd close them during games).

All in all; it should be a pretty loud venue. Probably not as loud as Seattle (let's face it, that place was built to be loud to the max degree), but still pretty defeaning and rocking especially during the playoffs and when Seattle comes to town for their yearly visit.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
There are 2 huge gaps at centurylink too..actually 3 cause above the hawks nest is wide open

Also, i cant help but think the bridges at Levis look a lot like the arches at the top of clink
[ Edited by THEB on Feb 11, 2014 at 4:11 PM ]
Originally posted by THEB:
There are 2 huge gaps at centurylink too..actually 3 cause above the hawks nest is wide open

Also, i cant help but think the bridges at Levis look a lot like the arches at the top of clink

Damn you.

I can't unsee it now. I'll think that every time I see them.

Just wondering, why aren't domes louder than clink? They have no noise escaping at all right?
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Just wondering, why aren't domes louder than clink? They have no noise escaping at all right?

They pump noise in.

They pump noise in.

no really though

They pump noise in.

no really though

Really
Originally posted by SportsFan:

They pump noise in.

no really though

Really

Speakers
Share 49ersWebzone