There are 179 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by awol36:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
This aint Levi people.. Its the nationals stadium...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/01/30/nats-park-gets-hot-looking-red-concourses/

Lmao

Originally posted by 9er2k:
"It's going to be really loud in here," said Rayborn, who works for Turner/Devcon construction. "Really loud. Really, really loud."Then he explained why. The stadium's design is different from most football stadiums.The vast majority of luxury boxes are located in an eight-level tower -- essentially, a 12-story building -- on the west side of the field. That means two things: One, there are no upper decks on the west side, just the lower bowl and the tower. And two, the east side upper decks can be closer to the ground -- because it does not sit atop multiple levels of luxury boxes.Perhaps that's a bit too architectural-geeky. But the practical ramification is this: All of those fans on the east side of the stadium (who are closer to the field than at Candlestick) will scream noise toward the field and the west side of the stadium. And when that noise hits the large flat side of the tower, the noise will immediately bounce right back toward the field.Jed York, the 49ers CEO and stadium overseer, agrees the net effect should be a cacophony of howling."It should be louder than Candlestick, for the reasons you point out," York said. "I don't know how loud it will get, though."http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_24809737/purdy-expect-levis-stadium-provide-better-viewing-experience

Who cares about what experts in the industry think?

Haven't you seen the Kaepernick thread?

lol you can even see the Nationals logos on the signs. Come on man...
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
I took a tour of the stadium a couple of months ago. The problem is, the side of the stadium with the seats will be really loud. Unfortunately, the side of the stadium with the tower of luxury boxes is closed in, which will make it quiet. So one side of the field will be loud, the other not so much.
What do you mean "closed in"?

Unlike other stadiums, our luxury boxes will reflect the noise. Aren't all luxury boxes "closed in" by windows? Isn't that normal?

I think he means is that not a lot of noise will actually be generated from the "closed in" west side/luxury suites (obviously, that's where all the corp folks will be seated) but as you said, the design of the structure to reflect noise back onto the field makes up for that.

But that still doesn't make any sense. Is the point that there are MORE "closed in" luxury suites than normal? Or that these particular luxury suites will be QUIETER than normal for some reason?
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol you can even see the Nationals logos on the signs. Come on man...

^^^^

Just so we can get the focus back on what OUR stadium looks like....

well marvin, its not "our" stadium,...its jed's stadium which he got bank rolled by us and will reap the huge profits off

• VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Those are alot of suites, Think they should of made maybe like a few more stands and just a bit less suites?

Kinda reminds me in a way of ''La Bombonera'' in Argentina where Boca Juniors play.

Originally posted by iLL49er:
well marvin, its not "our" stadium,...its jed's stadium which he got bank rolled by us and will reap the huge profits off

...and the 49ers are not "our" team either...yet we still call them that.

Levi's is now "our" stadium just as the 49ers are "our" team. It doesn't have to have our name on the title.
Originally posted by VDSF:

Those are alot of suites, Think they should of made maybe like a few more stands and just a bit less suites?

Kinda reminds me in a way of ''La Bombonera'' in Argentina where Boca Juniors play.

Not really...its just that most of the suites are on one side of the field which makes it possible to move the seats on the other side closer to the field.

Now for a proper comparison (after not looking at that other pick close enough):

[ Edited by captveg on Feb 6, 2014 at 11:33 AM ]
I still like it. I hope it is very loud, give those effin Seachickens a taste of their own medicine.
Share 49ersWebzone