LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
They will be called the California 49ers (of Anaheim) and you will accept it, as will Southern California, our vassals
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
They will be called the California 49ers (of Anaheim) and you will accept it, as will Southern California, our vassals

Ohh Walsh, you are freakin killin me!!
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by susweel:
the more pics I see of this stadium the more unimpressive it looks.

No curves, all straight lines, very modular looking and it is in fact. Cheap way to build, even though it cost so much. All the concourses under the stands look like university real old style, again, the cheap way to build, but not cheap in CA. Don't know why everybody is all excited about the big restrooms and single urinals, I only had a few issues with the small restrooms & pisser troughs over the course of 24 years every home game at The 'Stick.

The tower with almost 0 wrap around seating..ummm.. You could almost call it, Al's Tower, ooopss!

Over all really drab, I guess new is good sometimes. Is the word still; no tailgating anywhere? Last I heard it was very, very minimal; still true? NFL football game without tailgating to meet and greet old and new friends and family and go over the game plan, cook, drink; none?

Glad I didn't buy any season tix. When I come over I'll just pick up a couple tix..

Sorry, this stadium just doesn't do it for me, I mean look what they did with the Giants ballpark, now that's a ball park. I was possible to the same type of treatment to this place, but no. Let's do ultra stark,modern, oh ya big toilets to make everyone happy too..wtf

Ok now, what do you all think; how do you possibly call the Niners, The San Francisco 49ers still? How long you think it will take locals to call them SC Niners or something?

Probably the best way is to just call them the Niners, because Santa Clara 49ers is so far below the class of San Francisco 49ers, it aint funny..

lol
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
I took a tour of the stadium a couple of months ago. The problem is, the side of the stadium with the seats will be really loud. Unfortunately, the side of the stadium with the tower of luxury boxes is closed in, which will make it quiet. So one side of the field will be loud, the other not so much.

What do you mean "closed in"?

Unlike other stadiums, our luxury boxes will reflect the noise. Aren't all luxury boxes "closed in" by windows? Isn't that normal?

I think he means is that not a lot of noise will actually be generated from the "closed in" west side/luxury suites (obviously, that's where all the corp folks will be seated) but as you said, the design of the structure to reflect noise back onto the field makes up for that.

It's not going to be used as Cobra's command center or part of an alien invasion fleet, so what is the point of making it look like that?

that place looks way too open to be loud, gonna be quieter than canlestick
Hey susweel, before you condemn the whole project, maybe you should check out the Kansas City Chiefs, open air stadium. Who do you think broke the sound record right after Seattle did? Seattle pumps noise in, I believe it was proven during the NFC Championship... Before the game started, it was as loud as usual, but once the game began, Pam Oliver, said on the side line that it wasn't that loud. Reason being, the NFL was monitoring it. All you have to do is keep an eye on the sound engineer, which nobody was doing including the moron from Guinness, who said there was no way to tell. That was total BS. Maybe you prefer a more Liberace style, or something that looks like a space ship, I just want a nice stadium that's fun to watch games in, don't care how it looks. Try playing with some speakers, cover part of them, open part of them, you'll notice only slight differences. To say this stadium will suck and won't be loud is just being silly. Trust me it's going to be loud, glass doesn't just reflect sound it amplifies it, and the fact that seats will be closer to the field than any other stadium will make a difference.

No curves, all straight lines, very modular looking and it is in fact. Cheap way to build, even though it cost so much. All the concourses under the stands look like university real old style, again, the cheap way to build, but not cheap in CA. Don't know why everybody is all excited about the big restrooms and single urinals, I only had a few issues with the small restrooms & pisser troughs over the course of 24 years every home game at The 'Stick.

The tower with almost 0 wrap around seating..ummm.. You could almost call it, Al's Tower, ooopss!

Over all really drab, I guess new is good sometimes. Is the word still; no tailgating anywhere? Last I heard it was very, very minimal; still true? NFL football game without tailgating to meet and greet old and new friends and family and go over the game plan, cook, drink; none?

Glad I didn't buy any season tix. When I come over I'll just pick up a couple tix..

Sorry, this stadium just doesn't do it for me, I mean look what they did with the Giants ballpark, now that's a ball park. I was possible to the same type of treatment to this place, but no. Let's do ultra stark,modern, oh ya big toilets to make everyone happy too..wtf

Ok now, what do you all think; how do you possibly call the Niners, The San Francisco 49ers still? How long you think it will take locals to call them SC Niners or something?

Probably the best way is to just call them the Niners, because Santa Clara 49ers is so far below the class of San Francisco 49ers, it aint funny..

Seriously?

Are we back to all if this BS?

1) The stadium is designed to be OPEN. It ain't "cheap". We live in one of the best weather areas in the world. Why do we need all that other crap? Its designed so you can see the stadium while in line to buy food. Its designed to take advantage of the weather. Its designed to be able to see the view OUTSIDE from almosty anywhere. Thats what OPEN means. Is it like a college environment stadium? Yes...and that isn't a bad thing.

2) Tailgating? Seriously? I think this question has been answered 1000 times. YES, there will be tailgating. It will only not be allowed in the parking structure and the golf course.

3) SC Niners? Never. Just like we don't call them the East Rutherford Jets, New Jersey Giants, Arlington Cowboys, or the Foxboro Patriots. Only peeps with an ax to grind even bring this sh*t up anymore.

Its happening. Its almost built. Stop b***hing about and get used to it.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Seriously?

1) The stadium is designed to be OPEN. It ain't "cheap". We live in one of the best weather areas in the world. Why do we need all that other crap? Its designed so you can see the stadium while in line to buy food. Its designed to take advantage of the weather. Its designed to be able to see the view OUTSIDE from almosty anywhere. Thats what OPEN means. Is it like a college environment stadium? Yes...and that isn't a bad thing.

2) Tailgating? Seriously? I think this question has been answered 1000 times. YES, there will be tailgating. It will only not be allowed in the parking structure and the golf course.

3) SC Niners? Never. Just like we don't call them the East Rutherford Jets, New Jersey Giants, Arlington Cowboys, or the Foxboro Patriots. Only peeps with an ax to grind even bring this sh*t up anymore.

i think he was trying to stir things up on that post...all of it was pretty unreal if people still think that way
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Seriously?

i think he was trying to stir things up on that post...all of it was pretty unreal if people still think that way

I really hope so.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vermonator:

It's not going to be used as Cobra's command center or part of an alien invasion fleet, so what is the point of making it look like that?

that place looks way too open to be loud, gonna be quieter than canlestick
Hey susweel, before you condemn the whole project, maybe you should check out the Kansas City Chiefs, open air stadium. Who do you think broke the sound record right after Seattle did? Seattle pumps noise in, I believe it was proven during the NFC Championship... Before the game started, it was as loud as usual, but once the game began, Pam Oliver, said on the side line that it wasn't that loud. Reason being, the NFL was monitoring it. All you have to do is keep an eye on the sound engineer, which nobody was doing including the moron from Guinness, who said there was no way to tell. That was total BS. Maybe you prefer a more Liberace style, or something that looks like a space ship, I just want a nice stadium that's fun to watch games in, don't care how it looks. Try playing with some speakers, cover part of them, open part of them, you'll notice only slight differences. To say this stadium will suck and won't be loud is just being silly. Trust me it's going to be loud, glass doesn't just reflect sound it amplifies it, and the fact that seats will be closer to the field than any other stadium will make a difference.

"It's going to be really loud in here," said Rayborn, who works for Turner/Devcon construction. "Really loud. Really, really loud."Then he explained why. The stadium's design is different from most football stadiums.The vast majority of luxury boxes are located in an eight-level tower -- essentially, a 12-story building -- on the west side of the field. That means two things: One, there are no upper decks on the west side, just the lower bowl and the tower. And two, the east side upper decks can be closer to the ground -- because it does not sit atop multiple levels of luxury boxes.Perhaps that's a bit too architectural-geeky. But the practical ramification is this: All of those fans on the east side of the stadium (who are closer to the field than at Candlestick) will scream noise toward the field and the west side of the stadium. And when that noise hits the large flat side of the tower, the noise will immediately bounce right back toward the field.Jed York, the 49ers CEO and stadium overseer, agrees the net effect should be a cacophony of howling."It should be louder than Candlestick, for the reasons you point out," York said. "I don't know how loud it will get, though."http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_24809737/purdy-expect-levis-stadium-provide-better-viewing-experience
  • Happs
  • Veteran

Seriously?

Agree with points 1 and 3. Regarding the tailgatiing, since it's been answered so often, can someone give a quick summary. I have SBLs at the stadium. They let me know that the adjacent parking lot is for club level only. The parking garage plus the adjacent lot isn't enough for everyone. We have heard the plan to use the surrounding businesses for parking. Is this where the tailgating for non club season ticket holders will happen? A little concerned that the businesses may push back if that's the case if they are getting damage or undesirable effects to their parking lot/buildings. I haven't been told by the Niners where my parking will be yet.

There are also reports that the golf course is coming out for a shopping/restaurant type area that will also include parking for the stadium down the road. That would solve the issue if it happens. But if it doesn't or until then where would we be able to tailgate. Thanks for any information that you can provide.

Originally posted by Happs:

Seriously?

Agree with points 1 and 3. Regarding the tailgatiing, since it's been answered so often, can someone give a quick summary. I have SBLs at the stadium. They let me know that the adjacent parking lot is for club level only. The parking garage plus the adjacent lot isn't enough for everyone. We have heard the plan to use the surrounding businesses for parking. Is this where the tailgating for non club season ticket holders will happen? A little concerned that the businesses may push back if that's the case if they are getting damage or undesirable effects to their parking lot/buildings. I haven't been told by the Niners where my parking will be yet.

There are also reports that the golf course is coming out for a shopping/restaurant type area that will also include parking for the stadium down the road. That would solve the issue if it happens. But if it doesn't or until then where would we be able to tailgate. Thanks for any information that you can provide.

Yes, the tailgating would be at those business lots. That was part of their concern and why they initially turned the 49ers down, but the 49ers sweetened the pot and those businesses agreed.

They may be a bit more into keeping it cleaner than candlestick somehow, but there WILL be tailgating.

As for the golfcouse, the concern is open flames and the methane coming from the landfill beneath it. It will be converted eventually to a mall. Not sure what parking there will or will not be. They also plan to move the soccer fields elsewhere and convert the existing soccer fields into parking.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

All I have to do to get to my seats is make an immediate right at this point and just a bit behind... sec 307! Can't wait!!!
so if i'm seeing the pix properly i could technically park myself in the lower concourse and stand there and watch the game from that view instead of sitting in my nose bleeds seats?
Originally posted by iLL49er:
so if i'm seeing the pix properly i could technically park myself in the lower concourse and stand there and watch the game from that view instead of sitting in my nose bleeds seats?

Don't for get that the ushers will be right there and ask you to leave if you get to close...like ATT park
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Don't for get that the ushers will be right there and ask you to leave if you get to close...like ATT park

oh really? well that sucks, how close? i'll have to see..i have no issues standing and watching the game w/ a better view than my nosebleeds
Share 49ersWebzone