LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by teeohh:
I like lucas oil stadium because I like bricks

I was there last year for the Niner game. The stadium is almost as ugly as the fans. The stadium has more class though...

LB
Originally posted by leebert81:

I was there last year for the Niner game. The stadium is almost as ugly as the fans. The stadium has more class though...

LB

I was there as well, i thought it was cool
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Looks like a college stadium. lol no creative thinking what so ever.

i go to a football game for the beer, dogs, and atmosphere. I could give a f*ck about retracting roofs, 80 yard screens, and golden toilets that wipe your *ss for you.

Why dont you watch all your football games at Cowboy stadium, and Ill go watch all of mine at Soldier field, a real football stadium. Have you ever even been to a game at Cowboy Stadium? About 30% of the people care about the actual game, its just a show. That stadium should be used for a couple things: opening of the Olympics, Woodstock, the birth of Jesus Christ, not football. Im so happy the Niners are gonna be playing at a spot like that.

Right.

It should be like going to a park. Get rid of all the glitz and glamor and Disneyland-like crap that blocks your view.

They designed it to be open and flowing, so people can watch a football game in a spacious atmosphere, rather than entering some futuristic space ship on a trip to Alpha Centauri.

Whenever someone tries to make something look "futuristic", it turns out looking really stupid 20 years later.

The place looks fun.
It doesn't have to look like the Cobra "Terror Dome" that I used to play with as a kid. I'm past that stage.

I think looks wise it may not look cool looking like others, but from the pics and descriptions, it'll be more enjoyable for the fan that goes to the game. Things that seem subtle that others don't think about or notice. Like if you are in the upper levels, you won't be as far up, you will lower and thus closer to the field.

Other things like more restrooms (coupled with what-8 to 900 less seats, mean you are in and out of there to make sure the you don't miss the as many plays. Concession stands better designed for the fans so they miss as much of the plays.
Hopefully it'll be made of material that makes it louder.

Which just occured to me, which side will the opponents be? The average fan wants the niners on the there side so they can see the players, but if the opponents are on the clubhouse suite side, we won't be able to wreck havoc with crowd noise as much.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by OO9ers:
I do not believe in the large lower level seating... I actuality I believe it takes away from the loudness and quality viewing seats from both levels.

you don't think more people closer will mean it will be louder?

They were talking on the radio today about how there's some college stadium (I think ) that has all the suites on one side, like our design has. They were saying some think it works against the noise factor because the noise isn't evenly spread. I don't know if that design is like ours with so many seats in the lower bowl, but it's the first thing I've heard of like that. To me the larger lower bowl makes sense, but so does this new theory, too.

Crowd noise would be a major factor. With a quarter of the stadium locked of due to crowd noise would not succeed. No point in not using the crowd noise advantage when only 75 of the stadium can support it. Its best to either amp up the revenue by adding a couple of redesigns. The stadium pictured in my opinion makes no sense.

but of course I may be wrong.
San Jose 49ers!!! (if the name does change)

I love San Francisco 49ers though!!!
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
San Jose 49ers!!! (if the name does change)

I love San Francisco 49ers though!!!

it's NOT! get that through ur thick head people! "San Francisco 49ers" is a registered trademark that cannot be impinged by even the city of San Francisco since IT IS THE TEAM ITSELF that owns the name/has the choice to change it if they wish (which they don't).
at the people who continue to think the 49ers are gonna drop san francisco and place santa clara or what ever they think
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leebert81:

LB

We should go total open air and carnage. Maybe with a light rail connecting Great America to the new stadium
Originally posted by PTulini:

I really like this new design except...I think a good football stadium wraps around the whole field to hold in the noise and playing experience. If I could change the plans, I would run the lower and upper seating all the way around to the luxury boxes. I dont like those open sides that let the bay area wind and weather run through. Not to mention add about 10,000 more seats. If this is it, so be it, build it now.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheCatch:
Originally posted by PTulini:

I really like this new design except...I think a good football stadium wraps around the whole field to hold in the noise and playing experience. If I could change the plans, I would run the lower and upper seating all the way around to the luxury boxes. I dont like those open sides that let the bay area wind and weather run through. Not to mention add about 10,000 more seats. If this is it, so be it, build it now.

They want a nice view in the stadium though of the skyline. I think its fine the way it is.

Besides they can already expand the seating capacity to 75,000 if necessary. I don't think they'll regularly get 75k for every home game.

Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by DJD:
Jed was just on knbr, he talked about the new web site and boom, down it goes. Too many hits.

Will have to check it out later.

in one of the interior photos it seems like the team is walking into what looks like a suite, what's up with that

Phil Barber - "My favorite image has Photoshopped fans happily eating noodles in a lounge while fully uniformed players walk through the space in the background. I thought it was a mistake, but apparently the exclusive Field Club section will allow you to watch players go from locker room to field. Wow."

Whats up with picture number 4 of the "interior" group of pics?? Girl wearing 16 jersey and it says "**OG"?? Talk about a major screw up!

This may be nit pickin, but a few people have complained about the #16 jersey and the perceived name on it, some even felt the webdesigner should have gotten the name correct, but these people fail to realize that maybe the designer was thinking the name was part of the girls name. Not everyone puts the players name on the jersey, some will put their name on it.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by YorkHater:
f**k the Santa Clara 49ers

So you hate your team n00b?

No, he is hating on some made up team that doesnt exist

Forget about the dude-he can go cheer on the raiders, these kind of people have narrow one track minds and can't stand it if people are not like them-thank god
I don't care what anybody says, I still think the staduim sux and the design is stupid. Also I still think it sux that we have to go all the way to Santa Clara to watch the niners! How do we hope to incorporate crowd noise with an open stadium like this? And how do we let them get away with separating the box holders or "rich" with segregating the stadium?? I think they should just demolish candlestick and rebuild it with a better stadium than the piece of crap we have now. But that's just my opinion. Go ahead webzoners, talk your little crap, especially those from santa clara, but you can all kiss "where the sun don't shine!"
Originally posted by BleedRednGold:
I don't care what anybody says, I still think the staduim sux and the design is stupid. Also I still think it sux that we have to go all the way to Santa Clara to watch the niners! How do we hope to incorporate crowd noise with an open stadium like this? And how do we let them get away with separating the box holders or "rich" with segregating the stadium?? I think they should just demolish candlestick and rebuild it with a better stadium than the piece of crap we have now. But that's just my opinion. Go ahead webzoners, talk your little crap, especially those from santa clara, but you can all kiss "where the sun don't shine!"

got a lil sand in your vagina?
Share 49ersWebzone