LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SC9ER:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Looking at the rendition it looks like the sound could get trapped in there pretty good and end up making the stadium very loud.

Oh God, we don't need another team that's known for extensive crowd noise to win games.

wow people sure do complain a lot...
  • SC9ER
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Who's complaining? Don't know about you, but I believe in a pure talent based a__ whipping courtesy of the niners not no 12th man crap.

Who's complaining? Don't know about you, but I believe in a pure talent based a__ whipping courtesy of the niners not no 12th man crap.

OK dude lol
Oh noes...My OCD is going to drive me crazy, as I just realized that the big HD screens are not centered on their stands.

i would love for the new stadium to be loud as f**k
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

i would love for the new stadium to be loud as f**k

cosigned
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
The whole 12th man thing is a huge advantage. I understand we're maximizing game-day "experience," but priority one should always be winning, and therefore doing anything less than MAXIMIZING sound through design is absolutely retarded. Does anyone know anything about the acoustics in this bad boy?
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by A-R-S:
The whole 12th man thing is a huge advantage. I understand we're maximizing game-day "experience," but priority one should always be winning, and therefore doing anything less than MAXIMIZING sound through design is absolutely retarded. Does anyone know anything about the acoustics in this bad boy?

it will be as loud as we want it to be
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by mod:

this. So it won't be loud.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:

All the more reason to maximize noise through design.

Originally posted by Janitor:

The stadium is not designed to keep sound in. Apart from the green roof luxury box side, it's completely wide open like a bowl. And you know that the luxury boxes are not going to be cheering loud.

As an audio engineer, I can tell you that the best way to reduce the amount of sound reflections in a studio is by building walls that are at different angles. So if anything, the new stadium looks like it was built to reduce sound. If the architects were trying to trap the sound inside, they wouldn't have had those big plaza openings on the north and south side of the stadium.

The big hoods on the top of C-Link trap the sound and reflect it back down towards the field. The crowd shouts
and makes noise, the sound travels straight across to the other side of the stadium, it keeps bouncing around
from one side to the other.

[ Edited by Psinex on Aug 25, 2013 at 8:07 PM ]
That new Minnesota stadium they showed on the broadcast looks amazing. I'm jealous.
That place is going to be loud as hell.

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I thought it looked like a pile of crap. WTF is with the opening glass side?
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Minny's stadium looks effing incredible. It looks like the kind of place I'd want to go just to enjoy the design. Even CenturyLink looks like a more modern design than ours. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have a nice new stadium to enjoy, but if you're going to do it, why not do it 100% and make it the best? f**king thing costs a billion+, anyway.

Thanks for the explanation Psinex. Cool stuff.
Originally posted by Psinex:
The stadium is not designed to keep sound in. Apart from the green roof luxury box side, it's completely wide open like a bowl. And you know that the luxury boxes are not going to be cheering loud.

As an audio engineer, I can tell you that the best way to reduce the amount of sound reflections in a studio is by building walls that are at different angles. So if anything, the new stadium looks like it was built to reduce sound. If the architects were trying to trap the sound inside, they wouldn't have had those big plaza openings on the north and south side of the stadium.

The big hoods on the top of C-Link trap the sound and reflect it back down towards the field. The crowd shouts
and makes noise, the sound travels straight across to the other side of the stadium, it keeps bouncing around
from one side to the other.

I'm gonna laugh if the new stadium is hella loud
Share 49ersWebzone