LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:
I'm confused, is the picture in xcfan's photo the side of the Niners stadium? Or is it the Wells Fargo building he was ranting about.

hong kong-shanghi bank
Originally posted by Marvin49:
It will look much better when you add the large banners and the Lombari Trophy silhouettes as shown in many of the renderings.

I also don't understand peoples fascination with the alien vessel looking stadiums. I think they are ugly as hell, will go out of style in 20 minutes, and are being built in places that NEED to go way over the top to attract people. The best part of the new Santa Clara stadium is simply that it's in Santa Clara. It's built wide open because of the weather.

I'm 208. I'll probably get a little more sun than I want, but I should be ok considering most of the Niner games will be prime time....
[ Edited by sweetDwilly on Aug 13, 2013 at 1:47 PM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I also don't understand peoples fascination with the alien vessel looking stadiums. I think they are ugly as hell, will go out of style in 20 minutes, and are being built in places that NEED to go way over the top to attract people. The best part of the new Santa Clara stadium is simply that it's in Santa Clara. It's built wide open because of the weather.

I don't understand it either.

IMO, the 49ers new stadium has a chance to bring a more classical look back into style, kinda how Camden Yards made the MLB stadiums built in the late 60s/70s look terribly outdated.
[ Edited by captveg on Aug 13, 2013 at 4:55 PM ]

[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Aug 13, 2013 at 9:23 PM ]
^ is that you and your lady, Good Dr?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Wish they went and started putting in the seats already.
I got to see the stadium recently from a job site I was on, I'm way excited to finally be living and working in the Bay Area. Go Niners!
Originally posted by mayo49:

Settle down mayo
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
yup, once the 1st crop comes in.....

The California Academy of Sciences already has a green roof. It doesn't look like a lush jungle. I hope no one is expecting that.

Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by Eli_23:

oh my god what the f**k is this

It's our new green roof for the stadium

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by mayo49:

Settle down mayo

Can't help it.

Originally posted by RonMexico:

I am concerned about the wind. I grew up in the adjacent neighborhood. Always has a breeze later in the day due to the bay. With the stadium having a big opening in it I suspect the wind will swirl in there. Don't know if that is a built-in home field advantage or not.
Originally posted by Backla49er:
I am concerned about the wind. I grew up in the adjacent neighborhood. Always has a breeze later in the day due to the bay. With the stadium having a big opening in it I suspect the wind will swirl in there. Don't know if that is a built-in home field advantage or not.

strong knowledge
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
it's kinda funny how many who wanted a giant dome stadium are saying our new one lacks any character...lol

IMO, stadiums are never purpose-built with character, even the quirky neo-retro baseball ones of the past 25 years ...they have planned and designed features sure, but a stadium's "character" like a person's character is acquired with time--be it from location, weather, team fortune, the fanbase or all of the above...even the concrete mausoleum in oakland has 40+ years of built-up "character" that i'm certain none of its builder/architects foresaw when they contructed it from a giant crater in the ground to be strictly utilitarian and multi-purpose

The potential for character off Great America Parkway in Santa Clara...let's see. There is the bottom of Alviso, the swampy end of the Bay that also serves as a landfill and sanitation plant. Directly around the stadium site, you have a railroad, Great America, Marvell, Santa Clara Convention Center and a BMX biking site. The architecture of Levis Stadium looks just like the office buildings around it. It looks more like a hospital than a football stadium.

For those who say football stadiums shouldn't look like baseball stadiums...What about Lucas Oil Stadium?

Then in 2013, we get this:

Fugly. It already looks dated. I'm sure they could've made the stadium environmentally green and classic looking. This just looks like the metal stairs at a school.

Have you been to Lucas ?

The inside feels like your at a hockey/Basketball game (hallways and corridors)..outside is cool but the inside sucks

It's going to be the opposite for Levi...outside not spectacular but when you get inside..it's going to be awesome.

Yeah Lambeua looks cool from an aerial, and some parts of it are ok inside, but im not a huge fan and the game day experience is meh. Sitting on metal bleachers in freezing temps is not fun no matter how nice it looks.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
it's kinda funny how many who wanted a giant dome stadium are saying our new one lacks any character...lol

IMO, stadiums are never purpose-built with character, even the quirky neo-retro baseball ones of the past 25 years ...they have planned and designed features sure, but a stadium's "character" like a person's character is acquired with time--be it from location, weather, team fortune, the fanbase or all of the above...even the concrete mausoleum in oakland has 40+ years of built-up "character" that i'm certain none of its builder/architects foresaw when they contructed it from a giant crater in the ground to be strictly utilitarian and multi-purpose

The potential for character off Great America Parkway in Santa Clara...let's see. There is the bottom of Alviso, the swampy end of the Bay that also serves as a landfill and sanitation plant. Directly around the stadium site, you have a railroad, Great America, Marvell, Santa Clara Convention Center and a BMX biking site. The architecture of Levis Stadium looks just like the office buildings around it. It looks more like a hospital than a football stadium.

For those who say football stadiums shouldn't look like baseball stadiums...What about Lucas Oil Stadium?

Then in 2013, we get this:

Fugly. It already looks dated. I'm sure they could've made the stadium environmentally green and classic looking. This just looks like the metal stairs at a school.

Have you been to Lucas ?

The inside feels like your at a hockey/Basketball game (hallways and corridors)..outside is cool but the inside sucks

It's going to be the opposite for Levi...outside not spectacular but when you get inside..it's going to be awesome.

Yeah Lambeua looks cool from an aerial, and some parts of it are ok inside, but im not a huge fan and the game day experience is meh. Sitting on metal bleachers in freezing temps is not fun no matter how nice it looks.

I agree it is bland. But lets see how it ages. Look how all of these new-age cities are trying way to hard and look ridiculous. The Pearl Tower in Shanghai comes to mind or that fugly thing in Seattle.
[ Edited by Backla49er on Aug 15, 2013 at 4:42 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone