LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Maybe...

...I just object to the "expensive tickets will be purchased by quiet fans" logic. As if those people with high disposable income can't be loud, rabid 49ers fans.

This is the Bay Area. People make more money here than in other places and there are more people here capable of paying those prices than in other NFL cities.

I'm not saying that fans with money can't be loud or real fans. Simply that a lot of people who AREN'T fans will buy the club seats because it is a status symbol and it is an event they want to be seen at. I mean when the stadium opens buy some club tickets and walk around and see how many of them can name our starting LG or RG. Have a feeling it will be low (but there will definitely be some). I mean $350/game tickets will draw a certain crowd. And the high incomes of the bay area is a bit misleading. It is all relative, high cost of living balances it out so a lot of people don't actually have that much money.

I live here. LOL. I know about the cost of living.

I'm just sayin' there is alot of money here and it doesn't just reside with the wine and cheese crowd.

Lots of rabid fans who make good money.

It says something that all of the 100K tix are sold out 14 months before the stadium opens.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Mar 18, 2013 at 11:17 AM ]
Originally posted by seahawk12thman:
I really like this stadium. It isn't some billion dollar enterprise or a space ship like Jerry Jones palace. I think it is perfect!!! It is in a much more fan friendly city and I think it will get a much better, louder base of fans than Candlestick..

I like it too....

....but it's actually a 1.2 Billion enterprise. Welcome to the Bay Area where everything is twice as much. LOL.

Oh damn really? I hadn't read much about it up here. Where are the gogo dancers and 50 ft high scorboards or a Giant elephant retractable roof?? They should just scrap it now..

I would love to see what Jerry Jones palace would appraise for in the Bay area. The Giants stadium cost roughly 1.8 billion if I remember correctly and the place looks like a mausoleum. For some reason it has kind of a college appeal which makes it attractive to me.

I'm just sayin' there is alot of money here and it doesn't just reside with the wine and cheese crowd.

It says something that all of the 100K tix are sold out 14 months before the stadium opens.

You talking about suites or the 80K club's? Just says there are a lot of companies with money around Silicon Valley.

You talking about suites or the 80K club's? Just says there are a lot of companies with money around Silicon Valley.

Sorry...lol. I meant the 80Ks. Sorry.

...and I don't really buy that too much about companies.

On the home sideline they had all but sold out before the general public could buy any. Those aren't companies at that point. Those are season ticket holders.

The suites tho are a different story altogether.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Mar 18, 2013 at 11:23 AM ]

On the home sideline they had all but sold out before the general public could buy any. Those aren't companies at that point. Those are season ticket holders.

LOL keep believing that. Trust me, if you walked into the preview center with a brief case full of 80K I'm pretty sure they would have sold you a seat. Money talks. Most of the season ticket holders offered those seats turned them down (go read on the 49ers.com forum and see how pissed off most of them are "I have been a fan since Kezar, had 4 seats on the 50 yard line and now I'm priced out, they want 320K just for SBL's, b***h b***h b***h"). Then Legends put the marketing in the right place and found the people who wanted those seats (they weren't current season tickets holders, maybe current box owners).

LOL keep believing that. Trust me, if you walked into the preview center with a brief case full of 80K I'm pretty sure they would have sold you a seat. Money talks. Most of the season ticket holders offered those seats turned them down (go read on the 49ers.com forum and see how pissed off most of them are "I have been a fan since Kezar, had 4 seats on the 50 yard line and now I'm priced out, they want 320K just for SBL's, b***h b***h b***h"). Then Legends put the marketing in the right place and found the people who wanted those seats (they weren't current season tickets holders, maybe current box owners).

Well of course they were pissed....but those tickets weren't offered only to people who had seats at the 50. They were offered to every season ticket holder in the building.

Say what you want...I don't buy into the hype that the stadium will be quiet because of corporate purchases of seats.

Suites? Totally.

Club Seats? Not so much.

Well of course they were pissed....but those tickets weren't offered only to people who had seats at the 50. They were offered to every season ticket holder in the building.

Say what you want...I don't buy into the hype that the stadium will be quiet because of corporate purchases of seats.

Suites? Totally.

Club Seats? Not so much.

the Stick is quite during the reg season, Playoffs it's a totally different place
None of this "the stadium will be quite because it's expensive" holds water.

"Corporate types" fill a large chunk of the San Jose Sharks season tickets, yet it is the loudest fan base in the NHL. Expect the same thing at Santa Clara.

It's going to be rocking. Don't forget to bring some ear plugs.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
None of this "the stadium will be quite because it's expensive" holds water.

"Corporate types" fill a large chunk of the San Jose Sharks season tickets, yet it is the loudest fan base in the NHL. Expect the same thing at Santa Clara.

It's going to be rocking. Don't forget to bring some ear plugs.

They charged 30-80K PSL's at the tank? ATT club seats are a much better comparison.

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/03/the-49ers-plan-to-build-the-greatest-stadium-wi-fi-network-of-all-time/

A few new photos of the stadium in the article, too.
[ Edited by darkknight49 on Mar 19, 2013 at 6:59 AM ]
Originally posted by darkknight49:
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/03/the-49ers-plan-to-build-the-greatest-stadium-wi-fi-network-of-all-time/

I'm in tech and this is amazing stuff that they are trying to accomplish. Moving into the "Layer 3" of Networking will allow them to segment the traffic based on IP vs Spanning Tree Protocol, less traffic issue when done correctly. It's like a mini-Internet at the new stadium. It will be technologically advanced. Love the IT guys' name plates, too.

Nerds!
Originally posted by ninertico:

I'm in tech and this is amazing stuff that they are trying to accomplish. Moving into the "Layer 3" of Networking will allow them to segment the traffic based on IP vs Spanning Tree Protocol, less traffic issue when done correctly. It's like a mini-Internet at the new stadium. It will be technologically advanced. Love the IT guys' name plates, too.

Nerds!

Yeah...I'm in IT.

That article is pretty cool. In fact I work for Brocade who will probably be supplying a large portion of the hardware.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Mar 19, 2013 at 11:17 AM ]
Originally posted by ninertico:

Nerds!

Yeah...I'm in IT.

That article is pretty cool. In fact I work for Brocade who will probably be supplying a large portion of the hardware.

Nuttin wrong wif bein a NERD!

And yes, I though the nameplates were great, too.

But the best thing was the old school Starter jacket
Yeah...I'm in IT.

SO not only will you have your seats, you're part of the tech. That rocks brah!
Share 49ersWebzone