LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 156 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I really like this stadium. It isn't some billion dollar enterprise or a space ship like Jerry Jones palace. I think it is perfect!!! It is in a much more fan friendly city and I think it will get a much better, louder base of fans than Candlestick..
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
yeah, i posted that link just after ground breaking

i'm lower bowl..i like to be in the endzone (i like standing and yelling on Defense)

yard line seats don't do it for me

I'm in the upper currently at the stick I love my view. It's like the coaches tape. Sometimes it's tough to tell if they get 2 yds or no gain on some run plays. But I can see holes and receiver routes perfectly. I've heard lower bowl is similar but the runs you can't tell if its 1 or 10 yards. Is that true? (From your experience)
Originally posted by seahawk12thman:
I really like this stadium. It isn't some billion dollar enterprise or a space ship like Jerry Jones palace. I think it is perfect!!! It is in a much more fan friendly city and I think it will get a much better, louder base of fans than Candlestick..

I like it too....

....but it's actually a 1.2 Billion enterprise. Welcome to the Bay Area where everything is twice as much. LOL.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Mar 18, 2013 at 10:01 AM ]
you know candlestick is not completely sold out as well

if you're so worried about so called real fans sitting in the lower levels, then you should lead by example ?

why are you worried about it anyways?

Candlestick will be sold out now that upgrades are complete and they go through a little bit of the wait list. Was nice to pick up 2 more tickets though.

Worried about it? I'm not. I simply stated that our stadium will not be as loud as a place like CenturyLink. That is all my point has ever been. But apparently people take offense to that. Even though there is a simple metric that will prove me either right or wrong. Decibel readers on the field once this thing is complete. My prediction, this place is not that loud, probably quieter than the stick.
Originally posted by 99problems:

i'm lower bowl..i like to be in the endzone (i like standing and yelling on Defense)

I'm in the upper currently at the stick I love my view. It's like the coaches tape. Sometimes it's tough to tell if they get 2 yds or no gain on some run plays. But I can see holes and receiver routes perfectly. I've heard lower bowl is similar but the runs you can't tell if its 1 or 10 yards. Is that true? (From your experience)

after sitting there long enough you can get it down from the 50 towards you..from the 50 going away from you it's a little harder.

I like the endzone view because it's a view you get with Madden (match ups/Routes) and a view you don't see on TV.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

if you're so worried about so called real fans sitting in the lower levels, then you should lead by example ?

Candlestick will be sold out now that upgrades are complete and they go through a little bit of the wait list. Was nice to pick up 2 more tickets though.

Worried about it? I'm not. I simply stated that our stadium will not be as loud as a place like CenturyLink. That is all my point has ever been. But apparently people take offense to that. Even though there is a simple metric that will prove me either right or wrong. Decibel readers on the field once this thing is complete. My prediction, this place is not that loud, probably quieter than the stick.

no open air stadium is loud as C Link...even some Domes are not as loud as C Link.

I wouldn't want to be in a place thats so loud that kids 12 and under are required to wear Firearm ear muffs.

we don't need a 12th man if 11 can do the job

I don't think it'll be a loud as the Clink, but it has nothing to do with the fans.

Seattle sees so much rain that they built in those covers to shield fans from the rain. They also trap sound.

I think the new stadium will be plenty louder than Candlestick tho simply because there will be alot more fans closer to the playing surface.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Mar 18, 2013 at 10:30 AM ]

no open air stadium is loud as C Link...even some Domes are not as loud as C Link.

I wouldn't want to be in a place thats so loud that kids 12 and under are required to wear Firearm ear muffs.

we don't need a 12th man if 11 can do the job

Yeah...and another thing about the Clink...it is an advantage for the 'hawks, but they suck outside that place.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Mar 18, 2013 at 10:29 AM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:

I don't think it'll be a loud as the Clink, but it has nothing to do with the fans.

Seattle sees so much rain that they built in those covers to shield fans from the rain. They also trap sound.

I think the new stadium will be plenty louder than Candlestick tho simply because there will be alot more fans closer to the playing surface.

Cool. Time will tell. I think the fans that are real close will be the quietest fans in the stadium. Similar to AT&T.

Cool. Time will tell. I think the fans that are real close will be the quietest fans in the stadium. Similar to AT&T.

Maybe...

...I just object to the "expensive tickets will be purchased by quiet fans" logic. As if those people with high disposable income can't be loud, rabid 49ers fans.

This is the Bay Area. People make more money here than in other places and there are more people here capable of paying those prices than in other NFL cities.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Mar 18, 2013 at 10:47 AM ]

after sitting there long enough you can get it down from the 50 towards you..from the 50 going away from you it's a little harder.

I like the endzone view because it's a view you get with Madden (match ups/Routes) and a view you don't see on TV.

I agree. My seats are in the endzone too. Not many people like the endzones, but its just a different feel and you get used to the view. The fans are a little bit more passionate too. Plus the trick i found is to bring in a radio and listen to Ted Robinson during the game, so you know the yardage and stuff right away.
Originally posted by dwy621:

I agree. My seats are in the endzone too. Not many people like the endzones, but its just a different feel and you get used to the view. The fans are a little bit more passionate too. Plus the trick i found is to bring in a radio and listen to Ted Robinson during the game, so you know the yardage and stuff right away.

I see what you guys are saying but I prefer sidline seats.

I don't like seats too close the the field tho. I like second deck.

I was at Candlestick for Jerry Rices last game. TO went off for 20 receptions and 280+ yards.

I didn't even see most of it.

I was in the Ninth row on the visitor sideline and the andle meant I couldn't see the other side of the field and if the LOS was in front of me the Fox Camerman on his littel truck was blocking my view.

Hated it.
Maybe...

...I just object to the "expensive tickets will be purchased by quiet fans" logic. As if those people with high disposable income can't be loud, rabid 49ers fans.

This is the Bay Area. People make more money here than in other places and there are more people here capable of paying those prices than in other NFL cities.

I'm not saying that fans with money can't be loud or real fans. Simply that a lot of people who AREN'T fans will buy the club seats because it is a status symbol and it is an event they want to be seen at. I mean when the stadium opens buy some club tickets and walk around and see how many of them can name our starting LG or RG. Have a feeling it will be low (but there will definitely be some). I mean $350/game tickets will draw a certain crowd. And the high incomes of the bay area is a bit misleading. It is all relative, high cost of living balances it out so a lot of people don't actually have that much money.

Yeah endzones are cool, you just can't be too low. I like UB endzones at the stick, high enough to tell how long a run is. And you really get used to the view and it is nice seeing the holes, open WR's, etc. You see QB's miss wide open receivers that you don't even see on camera.

I see what you guys are saying but I prefer sidline seats.

I don't like seats too close the the field tho. I like second deck.

I was at Candlestick for Jerry Rices last game. TO went off for 20 receptions and 280+ yards.

I didn't even see most of it.

I was in the Ninth row on the visitor sideline and the andle meant I couldn't see the other side of the field and if the LOS was in front of me the Fox Camerman on his littel truck was blocking my view.

Hated it.
yeah thats too close,

im about 25 rows up from the field.i can see everything pretty much till they get to the opposite endzone
Share 49ersWebzone