There are 189 users in the forums

Gil Brandt of NFL.com think SF will win NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
f**k Gil Brand, he is the same douche bag that said Alex Smith will be the next Troy Aikman.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Originally posted by susweel:
f**k Gil Brand, he is the same douche bag that said Alex Smith will be the next Troy Aikman.

This season, we shall see.... stay tuned!
We'll see. Gil Brandt's opinion goes a lot further with me than most, so that gives me some hope.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
We'll see. Gil Brandt's opinion goes a lot further with me than most, so that gives me some hope.

agreed
Today on NFL sirius radio Gil Brandt predicted that the 49ers will win 10 games and upset the world champion New Orleans Saints on MNF.

You have to believe the Godfather. I really hope I'm not drinking the kool aid but I have a great feeling about this season. Matter of fact, I'm about to order an Alex Smith and a Taylor Mays jersey right now!

Go Niners!
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ciaspy:
Today on NFL sirius radio Gil Brandt predicted that the 49ers will win 10 games and upset the world champion New Orleans Saints on MNF.

You have to believe the Godfather. I really hope I'm not drinking the kool aid but I have a great feeling about this season. Matter of fact, I'm about to order an Alex Smith and a Taylor Mays jersey right now!

Go Niners!

Even though he sounds like Lou Holtz, I respect his opinion on most football matters.
Yeah Gil Brandt thinks we are gonna start off 4-0! He really likes our moves on the offensive line and he pointed out how the 49ers held opposing offenses to almost 100 points less than the Saints did last year.....good stuff!

Chitown49erFan
Alex Smith is a pretty smart kid. Plus this is the first time he's been in a system for 2 years. As long as the OLine holds up, I truly believe he's going to surprise a lot of folks this year.

My prediction: 23 TDs/ 13 INTs
Alex Smith will throw at least 25 TDs this season if he plays 16 games. Bank on it.
Frank Gore will run for 1300 yards.
Vernon Davis will catch 10 TDs.
Michael Crabtree will catch 70 passes.
Alex Smith will throw at least 25 TDs this season if he plays 16 games. Bank on it.

sounds good Chris

It all sounds good, but overall the predictions for those stats seem a BIT far-fetched.

[ Edited by defenderDX on Aug 5, 2010 at 18:18:30 ]
Originally posted by defenderDX:

It all sounds good, but overall the predictions for those stats seem a BIT far-fetched.

I dunno, I disagree. I think those are all attainable... Except maybe Vernon catching 10 TDs -- I think he'll get maybe 8. I just don't see him getting multiple 3-TD games again but I sure hope he proves me wrong. Crabtree will get 70 passes, I see that. Frank, if healthy can get 1300. And I think Smith gets 25 or more TD -- he had what, 18 last year in 10 games?
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by defenderDX:

I dunno, I disagree. I think those are all attainable... Except maybe Vernon catching 10 TDs -- I think he'll get maybe 8. I just don't see him getting multiple 3-TD games again but I sure hope he proves me wrong. Crabtree will get 70 passes, I see that. Frank, if healthy can get 1300. And I think Smith gets 25 or more TD -- he had what, 18 last year in 10 games?

True about most of what you said, but for SOME reason I can't picture Gore getting 1300+ yards... Although he is very capable. It all kinda falls down whether or not we have the rookies A.Davis and Iupati start. I don't know..

25 TD's for Smith, I actually can see that. But how many INT's?

I expect all of those predictions to come true except for Smith. If Smith problems have been fixed like everyone says, 25TDs are certainly attainable as well.

[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on Aug 6, 2010 at 20:39:00 ]
Analyst A thinks we are ranked #19
Analyst B thinks we are going to win the NFC West
Analyst C...

It's always nice to read "encouraging" stuff about the 49ers, but that's all it is - just talk.

At this point in time, after years and years of you know what, I say - just get into the playoffs, weak division or not.
Share 49ersWebzone