LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Reasons for an Alex Smith breakout season.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
For you Alex Smith fans (from today's SF Chron):

"Alex Smith went through a stretch of misfiring three straight passes to fullback Moran Norris, and then two mis-throws to Dominique Zeigler."

Looks like our man still has trouble hitting the broad side of a barn...

Not worried at all. It's June.

Off days happen. Shaun Hill has a lot of them in practice.

He has 2-3 months to get in the swing of things.

Yeah, its June

of 2009. lol

"Alex Smith went through a stretch of misfiring three straight passes to fullback Moran Norris, and then two mis-throws to Dominique Zeigler."

I agree, its still really early in the QB battle.
Originally posted by PTulini:

Di....did.....did you just say "QB battle?"

That was a good one. Thanks for the light moment.

And, the dude is coming off of practically not throwing a pass for nearly two years due to injuries to his throwing shoulder, but Heaven forbid anyone use logic on this message board.

[ Edited by Squirrel on Jun 1, 2009 at 16:42:46 ]
Originally posted by Squirrel:

And, the dude is coming off of not throwing a pass for nearly two years, but Heaven forbid anyone use logic on this message board.

Exactly my point! Thank you! Dude couldn't hit the broad side of a barn before surgery, and is now fully recovered to the point where he can't hit the broad side of a barn again!

Success!
Hasnt he been throwing since February?? Stop making excuses for the guy...

It's sad to read about these misfires cause we need a good back up QB and it makes me wonder why there are these threads accerting Smith's breaking out. I love how the excuse doctors rush in with any excuse they can come up with for Smith , sorry but he wasn't always accurate before the injury either. These misfires are why drives end without scoring during games. I don't hate Smith either by the way , I would like to see him improve cause it is good for the team. I offer no excuses.

Seems about right. His recovery is right on schedule.
  • ElJefe
  • Info N/A
Not one of these threads again. Please someone make it stop.
I hate reporters who choose to reveal some information, but not all of it. Lynch tells us that it was Smith who had three straight misfires, and two other incompletions, but he did not tell us how many total attempts and completions each QB had.

Lynch mentioned a "perfectly thrown bomb" but does not say who threw it. He mentioned a Goldson interception, but did not say who threw the pass. If it was Smith, say so. If it was Hill, say so.

Most of you guys have taken the bait and have jumped to a conclusion whithout having all the facts. See how easy it is for the media to influence opinion with an undiscerning, unskeptical, unanalytical public?

Because of what we've paid Alex I would love nothing more than for him to breakout and be a great QB.....but if Hill comes in and wins the job and plays well so be it, at this point we can't pay favorites it's about who's better right now.
Originally posted by excelsior:
I hate reporters who choose to reveal some information, but not all of it. Lynch tells us that it was Smith who had three straight misfires, and two other incompletions, but he did not tell us how many total attempts and completions each QB had.

Lynch mentioned a "perfectly thrown bomb" but does not say who threw it. He mentioned a Goldson interception, but did not say who threw the pass. If it was Smith, say so. If it was Hill, say so.

Most of you guys have taken the bait and have jumped to a conclusion whithout having all the facts. See how easy it is for the media to influence opinion with an undiscerning, unskeptical, unanalytical public?

Well V, if a QB misses on 3 straight passes to the FB, he's not doing a good job. In fact, I was listening to KNBR right now and Kevin Lynch was just on with Damon Bruce. They talked about how Smith was skipping passes to Norris and also throwing them off of his back. I really don't need much more information other than that to conclude that he didn't do that great in that stretch of the practice.

Also the bomb you're referring to is from Shaun Hill to Josh Morgan against Dre Bly coverage. They also talked about that play because it was in reference to Bly getting burned.

Anyway, nobody is basing their opinion on Smith's inaccuracy from this OTA report. It's based on the 30 starts he's had.
Yet another Alex Leaf thread
Originally posted by 49er4eva:

Its funny. Guys like you. You "hate" Smith and do nothing but ridicule him and want him off the team but you post in every single Alex Smith thread.

You must have been one of those kids in elementary school who teased the person they liked.

Its alright man...I get it....
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by 49er4eva:

Its funny. Guys like you. You "hate" Smith and do nothing but ridicule him and want him off the team but you post in every single Alex Smith thread.

You must have been one of those kids in elementary school who teased the person they liked.

Its alright man...I get it....

Yet you are always on my nuts when I post something. Yes I know you have an absurd amount of creepy love for the guy, but keep it with him not me. Nice cover up posting a picture with your sister . You must be short.

There is no need to keep posting the same things over and over. Yet me saying Alex Leaf is spamming, go figure. Fact is he will be on the bench yet once again so I dont understand all the threads, so it is my duty to trash them

[ Edited by 49er4eva on Jun 2, 2009 at 05:09:56 ]
Share 49ersWebzone