LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 313 users in the forums

Shawntae Spencer

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lamontb:
His play fell off once he got paid

No it didn't. He was down for a significant amount of time due to injury after he got paid. Looking at stats and making that statement does not make it true.

ALSO running the HYBRID Defense didn't help anybody statistically not to mention all the other issues with other personnel on the Defense.

Not saying that Spencer was the best player in the league or on this team, but he is the least of our worries Defensively.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by DaysOfGlory:
Originally posted by lamontb:
His play fell off once he got paid

CAREER SEASON STATS 
Season Team TCKL SOLO ASST SCK 
2004 49ers 67 59 8 0  
2005 49ers 82 73 9 0
2006 49ers 61 53 8 2 
2007 49ers 24 22 2 0 
2008 49ers 2 2 0 0 0.0 0 
Career  236 209 27 2 0.0 2 6 0 14.2 0 61 38 
Link

Spencer's play fell off due to injuries:

3 injuires over the past 3 years: foot, quad, knee

Hopefully he just bounces back AND Carlisle and the conditioning program can give us a healthy rotation of CBs (as already mentioned above).

But ... we should pick up another one in the Draft. Reloading thru the Draft is always a smart move.

You forgot games played or started Days. But I'm right with you on this issue. His play did not fall off after getting paid.

That is such an easy thing to say. Sometimes with players it's true. But Spencer is not one of them.

~Ceadder
like i said, he has down an outstanding job on Fitzgerald in the past. I think he will be an asset to our D this year
Spencer is woefully inconsistent. He'll make a great play and then get caught flat-footed. He is definitely not the answer and will have a tough time making this team.
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
for those who keep saying he sucks or gets burnt.... can you give me a example(s) of him getting burned or sucking....

I actually remember him shuttin Larry Fitzgerald down multiple times.

Grigga, please show me a specific game... would love to see which you are speaking of.

And games with Matt Lienhart at QB do not count.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
for those who keep saying he sucks or gets burnt.... can you give me a example(s) of him getting burned or sucking....

I actually remember him shuttin Larry Fitzgerald down multiple times.

Grigga, please show me a specific game... would love to see which you are speaking of.

And games with Matt Lienhart at QB do not count.

come on......I can't wait to see Shawntae play this year...
thats what the f**k im talkin about baby.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auGvZWjmid4
  • mighty9ers
  • Info N/A
I've always really liked Spencer, he's not a true #1. He looked quite good last seaon before he got hurt, which i think really hurt our D, cause then we had Strickland at the nickel or Brown.

and reguarding brown, he needs more experience to be relied upon to be a starting CB, nickel i am ok with though
Yeah we need to trade him and roman for whatever we can get. A 5th for each or something like that would be great

vs. Chicago, first series, 2007 preseason.

vs. New Orleans, 2007.

Colston embarrasses him.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Apr 22, 2009 at 2:34 AM ]

vs. New Orleans, 2007.

You're bringing preseason into this?

vs. New Orleans, 2007.

Colston embarrasses him.

you should really watch the clip before you talk
thats all i got to say

also in that clip they even say Smiths 1st week back and he is still hurt
[ Edited by solidg2000 on Apr 22, 2009 at 3:15 AM ]
Quote:
and reguarding brown, he needs more experience to be relied upon to be a starting CB, nickel i am ok with though

You sound exactly like Mike Nolan. You only get experience by PLAYING.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
I'd much rather see T-Brown get playing time.
Share 49ersWebzone