LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 342 users in the forums

2009 schedule and my prediction

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Home
Atlanta Falcons= The dates aren't set yet so just say we play in this order!! So based on what the Falcons have done so far before the upcoming draft I predict the is a win due to their minimal defensive changes and playing at home, but Matt Ryan will have another year under his belt so watch out!! 0-1

....continued- 10/11 If they end up landing Tony Gonzalez it could make a difference for sure so the only change I make is this game

Detroit Lions= This should be an easy win based on last season, but this is the NFL! If they some how pull Cutler away the prediction could change, but this is also at home so.. 2-0

12/27 next to last game this could come in handy!! we win and clinch finally clinch!!!

Chicago Bears= This is a tuffy because the Bears are similar to the Niners and always play hard and they have had our number recently!! We finally have them at home but lose in a close one.. 2-1

11/12 I am scared of this game more now do to Cutler, but Singh will love winning this one

Jacksonville Jaguars= Del Rio has this team on the cusp, but due to having no WR's, the exit of Fred Taylor, Matt Jones, Khalif Barnes and Sensabaugh we could come away with a win in this one!! I say this will be one our upsets because Singletary will have us playing hard... 3-1

11/29 no changes here!! we win

Tennessee Titans= The Titans had a great season and should feed from it this year. I know Haynesworth is gone and Brandon Jones could tell us what to expect, but it still won't be enough to pull out a win... 3-2

11/8 still can't see us pullin' this one out

Arizona Cardinals=Revenge will be sweet!! enough said!! 4-2
9/13 opening game will set the stage for our season so this is a must win!!!
12/14 MNF!! another opening kick-off return? yes I love it!!!

St. Louis Rams= There are no signs of this team getting any better as of yet so how can you not say win... 5-2

10/4 win
1/3 hopefully we are able to sit some starters in this one!!

Seattle Seahawks= Injuries should no longer be an issue this season and some additions are coming in as of late so splitting the series is usually how this turns out. So the first of the 2, we will lose.. 5-3

9/20 if we can start 2-0 of course would build some momentum going into Minn. and we need that badly!!
12/6 weather could come into play on this one so watch out

Away
Minnesota Vikings= Another team that is right on the brink of being really good and in my opinion Sage is a good QB and could push them over the top with that beast of a RB!! on the road loss... 5-4

9/27 playing against Peterson with fresh legs early in the season doesn't get me too excited!!!

Green Bay Packers= Also a team similar to us minus their passing game, but the weather is key when playing them as we all know. I say smash mouth running could help us pull this one out... 6-4

11/22 snow? or no snow!! that is the question!!

Indianapolis Colts= Manning is Manning as always, so unless our pass defense improves I don't see us winning this game yet!! 6-5

11/1 no changes here

Houston Texans= This is not to far of a road game so that always helps, but the Texans are filling some holes and are a near playoff team. I say win... 7-5

10/25 coming off the bye should help us win and we also should have an idea of where the season is going at this point

St. Louis Rams= This year I think we will have a little more consistency, so unlike last season when we blew them out in the first meeting and had to have last minute heroics to pull out the second win, our improvement should make this a little less nail bitting!! 8-5

Arizona Cardinals= I am biast here and again, Revenge will be so sweet!! 9-5

Seattle Seahawks= I said split, so we win here... 10-5

Philadelphia Eagles= We can never seem to beat these guys!! blew a 16 pt. 4th qtr lead last year and got blown out ourselves and this being on the road in a hostile crowd a win here just doesn't seem realistic..

Now that I see this being a cold weather game on the road I still have to say loss!!
first post 10-6

final record 9-7 and finally finally a division championship and a post season birth!!!!
[ Edited by got_five on Apr 15, 2009 at 8:13 AM ]
Originally posted by got_five:
Home
Atlanta Falcons= The dates aren't set yet so just say we play in this order!! So based on what the Falcons have done so far before the upcoming draft I predict the is a win due to their minimal defensive changes and playing at home, but Matt Ryan will have another year under his belt so watch out!! 1-0

Detroit Lions= This should be an easy win based on last season, but this is the NFL! If they some how pull Cutler away the prediction could change, but this is also at home so.. 2-0

Chicago Bears= This is a tuffy because the Bears are similar to the Niners and always play hard and they have had our number recently!! We finally have them at home but lose in a close one.. 2-1

Jacksonville Jaguars= Del Rio has this team on the cusp, but due to having no WR's, the exit of Fred Taylor, Matt Jones, Khalif Barnes and Sensabaugh we could come away with a win in this one!! I say this will be one our upsets because Singletary will have us playing hard... 3-1

Tennessee Titans= The Titans had a great season and should feed from it this year. I know Haynesworth is gone and Brandon Jones could tell us what to expect, but it still won't be enough to pull out a win... 3-2

Arizona Cardinals=Revenge will be sweet!! enough said!! 4-2

St. Louis Rams= There are no signs of this team getting any better as of yet so how can you not say win... 5-2

Seattle Seahawks= Injuries should no longer be an issue this season and some additions are coming in as of late so splitting the series is usually how this turns out. So the first of the 2, we will lose.. 5-3

Away
Minnesota Vikings= Another team that is right on the brink of being really good and in my opinion Sage is a good QB and could push them over the top with that beast of a RB!! on the road loss... 5-4

Green Bay Packers= Also a team similar to us minus their passing game, but the weather is key when playing them as we all know. I say smash mouth running could help us pull this one out... 6-4

Indianapolis Colts= Manning is Manning as always, so unless our pass defense improves I don't see us winning this game yet!! 6-5

Houston Texans= This is not to far of a road game so that always helps, but the Texans are filling some holes and are a near playoff team. I say win... 7-5

St. Louis Rams= This year I think we will have a little more consistency, so unlike last season when we blew them out in the first meeting and had to have last minute heroics to pull out the second win, our improvement should make this a little less nail bitting!! 8-5

Arizona Cardinals= I am biast here and again, Revenge will be so sweet!! 9-5

Seattle Seahawks= I said split, so we win here... 10-5

Philadelphia Eagles= We can never seem to beat these guys!! blew a 16 pt. 4th qtr lead last year and got blown out ourselves and this being on the road in a hostile crowd a win here just doesn't seem realistic.. final record 10-6 and finally finally a division championship and a post season birth!!!!

I CANT WAIT
I like it, it's realistic. Hopefully it will happen.
  • youngandrice
  • Info N/A
Home

Atlanta Falcons - win because its a home game and we match up well. they had a freak year last year in a not really strong division. (1-0)

Detroit Lions - we better win this home game wow. (2-0)

Chicago Bears - the bears were 9-7 last year and they should be good again this year, there defense will probably stifle us. probably not a win although possible. (2-1)

Jacksonville Jaguars - if this was a road game maybe not but the jags are on the decline and its a home game. WIN. (3-1)

Tennessee Titans - the titans are good. loss. (3-2)

Arizona Cardinals - we will split with them. ill call this one a loss. (3-3)

St. Louis Rams - this should be a clean sweep this year. they lost pace and holt and have qb questions and jackson cant stay healthy. win (4-3)

Seattle Seahawks - this teams window is closing (walter jones / hassleback) and they were bad last year. there additions and homefield advantage will cause a split this year though. win at home. (5-3)

Away

Minnesota Vikings - depends on sage rosenfels. i think our offense and defense will be better this year though. ill call it a win but god help us if AP decides to run for 600yds against us. (6-3)

Green Bay Packers - not gonna be a good team. we would win in SF but its gonna be -20 degrees. loss. (6-4)

Indianapolis Colts - peyton manning dictates wins and losses and we get a loss here. (6-5)

Houston Texans - they are getting better and quick. loss. (6-6)

St. Louis Rams - win. they suck. (7-6)

Arizona Cardinals - i said split cause they wont have anquan and super bowl losers fall way off, especially overachieving ones. (8-6)

Seattle Seahawks - split mean loss here. (8-7)

Philadelphia Eagles - they will be top 2 in the NFC east next year. we wont beat them in philly. especially after last years debacle. loss. (8-8)
4-12
  • youngandrice
  • Info N/A
i thought 8-8 was a failry positive outlook but 4-12 is about as pessimistic as it gets. we play the rams twice and the lions. the packers and the seahawks were both under .500 last year and we pretty much have to be a better team at least in talent if not record this year than last year.
Originally posted by youngandrice:
i thought 8-8 was a failry positive outlook but 4-12 is about as pessimistic as it gets. we play the rams twice and the lions. the packers and the seahawks were both under .500 last year and we pretty much have to be a better team at least in talent if not record this year than last year.

Just think how much fun you'll have needling me if it turns out I'm wrong? Lord, I'd love to have this team prove me wrong -- shut me up -- send me back into my hole. It would mean the Niners finally stood up and hit someone square in the mouth.

But I've seen far too much futility and losing out of this team in the past decade to expect anything better than 4-12.

But I'd be more than delighted to see this team prove me wrong.
  • WillisWillKilYou
  • Info N/A
I'll say we go 9-6 and clinch our division.
Originally posted by WillisWillKilYou:
I'll say we go 9-6 and clinch our division.

You mean 9-7? Or do we tie one?
God I wish I could say 14-2 like the good old days but I'm gonna have to lower it and say no better than 11-5

Any of those teams with a strong running game will murder us.

I hope this is the year that we can finally stop giving up big plays,or we'll be f**ked again.

That being said,I'm sticking with my yearly 12-4
9-7, NFC West Champions.
7-9 no playoffs again. reason? No QB, No pass rush, new OC, lousy GM and Ownership. And oh yeah, lack of top level talent except for Willis.

There is no reason with the cap straight now, why this team could not improve where needed.
Originally posted by King49er:

I hope this is the year that we can finally stop giving up big plays,or we'll be f**ked again.

Dude, we were 13th against the run last year and that was while using Nolan's vaunted big nickle defense. What makes you think that running teams will kill us?
Originally posted by BMore9ersfan:
Originally posted by King49er:

Dude, we were 13th against the run last year and that was while using Nolan's vaunted big nickle defense. What makes you think that running teams will kill us?
didnt we give up like the least big plays on D
Share 49ersWebzone