LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 169 users in the forums

Isaac Sopoaga

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He is moving back to DT. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=SF
  • B650
  • Veteran
That's good, but he has said before he prefers end, so I'm mixed right now. We'll see. Personally, I think he's better at DT.
Originally posted by B650:
That's good, but he has said before he prefers end, so I'm mixed right now. We'll see. Personally, I think he's better at DT.

I don't care what position he plays on the D Line,as long as he's effective ALL YEAR
The guy friggin sucks.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
The guy friggin sucks.

He's a solid NFL starter. Not great. Not bad. He's a nice piece to have.
The guy friggin sucks.

so true, so true. they always talk about how strong he is, and how athletic, but how many sacks does he get? and how many times does he add pressure on the qb? unless he feels the wrath of singletary. i guess this move means no signing of a NT this year.
Soap is on the wrong team. He needs to be in a 4-3. We should trade him if possible. If its taken 5 years to figure out where the guy should play on your team, its probably not a good fit.....
Originally posted by King49er:

I don't care what position he plays on the D Line,as long as he's effective ALL YEAR

Him being effective is like Obama's stimulas plan working!!
I wonder if we could get a 4th rounder for him? I couldn't imagin getting a 3rd.
Originally posted by wailers15:

Dude I suggest you keep politics off of this board.

Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
The guy friggin sucks.

He's a solid NFL starter. Not great. Not bad. He's a nice piece to have.

Seriously hes a good player, not a dominant force but a good player.
  • Chavez49er255
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Originally posted by wailers15:

Dude I suggest you keep politics off of this board.

Dude, its a joke, grow some thicker skin.
He was getting rag dolled and manhandled last year.

It was embarrassing.

I liked the guys' fire when he first arrived,but he just sucks, man.
really wanted to see what joe cohen could've done for us
He was getting rag dolled and manhandled last year.

It was embarrassing.

I liked the guys' fire when he first arrived,but he just sucks, man.

I would dare you to tell him that face to face. The guy doesn't suck. Otherwise, he'd be a backup or off the team. So he's not a NFL icon or the sexiest DT out there, i.e. Haynesworth. He's above average. There isn't much help around him at LE or RE other than Justin Smith. The guy makes plays when he's given the opportunity. He's a DT/NT, he's not expected to have 10 tackles or 2 or 3 sacks a game. He supposed to stuff the run for P Willis and company to make the big plays, which he does.

2007 stats

58 tackles
27 solo
31 assists
1.5 sacks
1 pass defense
Share 49ersWebzone