Jonas Jennings @ RT in 09'???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by captnkos:
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Well... I hate to be the one to bring this back to life...but.. if Jennings hasn't signed with anyone, I say we bring him for the vetran minimum.. With Marvel Smith looking like bust, why not try to bring back mr. glass....

Hell... He can't be any worse then Simms can he??

Yes if he gets hurt AGAIN, I don't want any of Nolan's garbage back here.

Jennings was atleast a talented player...when healthy.. He's probably the best alternative out there.....

Agreed. He was good when he played, and I'm pretty sure Nolan didn't do anything to help his mental problems. If he can even back up Snyder and be healthy for a few games in case Snyder gets hurt, it would be better than Simms . . . the guy is horrible. . . it makes me wish we had Kwame back . . .

exactly. i would have zero problem bringing him back( jennings not harris). sign him to a playing time incentive contract with different levels. it can be a contractt worth a couple mil or just base salary.

the guy can play, hell i think he would be our best linemen on the team still, but he just can't stay healthy.
well i say we get someone who isn't always injured
Can't even read through 10 pages... I'd say F _ no!!!!! JJ was going sharply down hill during the 2007 season. Run block? Sure, not bad... pass block? CRAP... Don't you guys actually WATCH these games???
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Helllz yes... sign that MOFO right now.... hmm, and who would that be again???
He might get a paper cut and ask to be put on injured reserve.
We had the J Jennings experiment ...... then we had a very short M Smith experiment ...... Hey I know ...... let's try for a threepeat. Let's explore many many more options before repeating a mistake.
Put Boone in. I know he's a little raw and he's a rookie, but let's see what the kids got. We all know he's huge... lets see if he can play.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Put Boone in. I know he's a little raw and he's a rookie, but let's see what the kids got. We all know he's huge... lets see if he can play.

Now see it's the pre-season so I am all in on getting him in the game and speeding up this kid's learning process/curve.
Originally posted by 49ERGUY:
Originally posted by bigmike55:

Now see it's the pre-season so I am all in on getting him in the game and speeding up this kid's learning process/curve.

I would think Boone wouldn't have too much trouble run blocking by putting his big body on somebody, but he might have some trouble with pass blocking some fast rush ends. But like you said, it's preseason, lets see what he can do with the first team offense. all in!

Originally posted by oldman9er:
Can't even read through 10 pages... I'd say F _ no!!!!! JJ was going sharply down hill during the 2007 season. Run block? Sure, not bad... pass block? CRAP... Don't you guys actually WATCH these games???

no... never seen a game in my life
Originally posted by oldman9er:

You actually watch tape and break it down, and you seem to be rational about your assessments of players, so if you say he actually stinks, then that must be true. I guess the question is whether injuries caused this decline and would he be good if he was healthy.

I presume K. Harris would fit the good on the run, bad on pass protection description? I always thought he could be a really good guard, but I don 't know the mechanics of that.

I don't l pay any attention to the "he's a p***y" posts. Not likely
Yeah, he can play when he's healthy, but how often does that happen. No, I think he can stand on some other team's sideline while nursing his latest minor injury. Better yet, he should call it a career and be happy about the all the money he legally stole from the 49ers.
we need to sign Levi Jones or Jon Runyon...I'm from the Philadelphia area and Runyon can still play.
Share 49ersWebzone