There are 155 users in the forums

I Just Felt Like Going Old School Today!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PTulini:
# 20 Garrison Hearst Classic Clip!

miss this guy! hes a damn warrior!!
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersfan4life:
SMILE GEORGE SMILE!!!

I am smiling! Whanna see me do the Bossa Nova
Originally posted by PTulini:
Ronnie Lott

I like how Ronnie is actually wearing knee and thigh pads. Nowadays, it's very rare to see any player wear any knee or thigh pads. Maybe there would be less injuries if they protected themselves.
  • marls
  • Veteran
Originally posted by acez:

gimme these with a red face mask and I'm good to go

also loose a couple sock stripes and make sure the pants are gold and not tan

PLEASE keep the grey facemask!
Old school? What 49er started his first NFL game and set what is still an NFL record? He was 6'3", 235lbs and only 19 years old at the time, and is still the youngest player to ever start a game in the NFL. In that game, he started at defensive end and got 10 sacks for -62 yards on a Hall of Fame QB -- IN HIS FIRST GAME!. He had him so rattled that he didn't complete a pass until the 4th quarter. Before you ask, yes that would be an NFL record but they hadn't started counting sacks yet.

He was probably the greatest athlete to ever wear a Niner uniform. The Globetrotters tried to sign him when he was still in high school; he signed a pro baseball contract with the then St. Louis Browns of the American League; he hit some of the longest home runs in history in San Diego; he STILL holds his high school's shot put record, ran the relays in his spare time, and, in his remaining spare time he was a heavyweight boxer who knocked out the #2 contender in the world and lost a title fight to Ali.

He wore #87.

[ Edited by ezrider on Mar 19, 2009 at 2:25 PM ]
  • NickDaNiner
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ezrider:
Old school? What 49er started his first NFL game and set what is still an NFL record? He was 6'3", 235lbs and only 19 years old at the time, and is still the youngest player to ever start a game in the NFL. In that game, he started at defensive end and got 10 sacks for -62 yards on a Hall of Fame QB -- IN HIS FIRST GAME!. He had him so rattled that he didn't complete a pass until the 4th quarter. Before you ask, yes that would be an NFL record but they hadn't started counting sacks yet.

He was probably the greatest athlete to ever wear a Niner uniform. The Globetrotters tried to sign him when he was still in high school; he signed a pro baseball contract with the then St. Louis Browns of the American League; he hit some of the longest home runs in history in San Diego; he STILL holds his high school's shot put record, ran the relays in his spare time, and, in his remaining spare time he was a heavyweight boxer who knocked out the #2 contender in the world and lost a title fight to Ali.

He wore #87.

Charley Powell right?...
  • Goofball
  • Info N/A
That's the most disgusting athletic resume I've ever seen. Wow

He wore #87.

Wow
[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Mar 19, 2009 at 7:15 PM ]

He wore #87.

That's awesome!!!

Harris Barton

Yep, that was Charley Powell. Never played college ball. Joined the Niners upon the recommendation of Frankie Albert. 10 sacks in his first game at age 19 against a Hall of Fame QB with a couple of all-pros on the OL. Probably one of the greatest athletes of all-time. Charley is still around and loves the 49ers.
Originally posted by ethan05:

Man!!!! I miss the chicken dance...I really do...
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by ethan05:

Man!!!! I miss the chicken dance...I really do...

The funky chicken. I remember when Steve Young tried to do it.
Share 49ersWebzone