There are 258 users in the forums

Tebow improving Throwing motion & foot work

from what i've seen so far it's impressive. he has more heart & will/drive than 1/2 the guys in the NFL. i think being in the right system & give him 2 years to work on it watch out!!! dude is a warrior.
I heard on ESPN First Take that he's working with a few ex-NFL QB coaches who say he's one of the most coach-able players they've ever worked with. Give him a year and he'll be down right dirty.
Originally posted by wailers15:
from what i've seen so far it's impressive. he has more heart & will/drive than 1/2 the guys in the NFL. i think being in the right system & give him 2 years to work on it watch out!!! dude is a warrior.
Yup you are right Tebow has the heart and the drive to be great. I am one of the biggest tebow hater but from what I had seen I believe he will be successful. Just look at Jamarcus Russel got all the tools to be a great QB had the throwing power but not enough drive to be successful.
what a tool .
I hope an NFC west team wastes an early pick on him
"I'm going to learn to throw right before the draft"

LOL
Originally posted by teeohh:
Read something on espn mobile about how Myer should get some heat for never teaching Tebow any of that s**t. The writer also said that other SEC schools are going to use Tebow as an example to lure away top qbs from going to Florida, because if they want to play in the NFL, playing under Myer won't necessarily help you.

Well, its a good point. Why isn't good throwing technique taught in college? Shouldn't it be taught in high school? "whatever the kid is comfortable with"
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersBest1:
Read something on espn mobile about how Myer should get some heat for never teaching Tebow any of that s**t. The writer also said that other SEC schools are going to use Tebow as an example to lure away top qbs from going to Florida, because if they want to play in the NFL, playing under Myer won't necessarily help you.

Well, its a good point. Why isn't good throwing technique taught in college? Shouldn't it be taught in high school? "whatever the kid is comfortable with"

I think college coaches (well some of them at least) could give a s**t about technique and mechanics. I think if their QB has what it takes to win them games, they won't mess with his mechanics if its not in their system to do so. But still, what's the sense of having a QB coach then, especially one like Scott Loeffler, who's been known to help develop some pretty good QB's. IMO if I were a highly recruited QB coming outta high school, I'd definitely want to go to a school with a Pro Style offense.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I think college coaches (well some of them at least) could give a s**t about technique and mechanics. I think if their QB has what it takes to win them games, they won't mess with his mechanics if its not in their system to do so. But still, what's the sense of having a QB coach then, especially one like Scott Loeffler, who's been known to help develop some pretty good QB's. IMO if I were a highly recruited QB coming outta high school, I'd definitely want to go to a school with a Pro Style offense.

I agree. 98% of college coaches can careless about your mechanics if you are winning games and why should they? They are paid to win in college, not getting a player ready for the NFL. Its up to the player to decide if he wants to go to a gimmicky offense or a pro style offense.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
tebow is not very different then the majority of NFL players.

When he was in college he got by on SHEER talent.....

now he needs proper technique

Can the 49ers teach him the proper techniques?

Alex smith is still screwed up.......

the 49ers do not have the people on staff to work with Tim Tebow.

Tebow is alot like steve young.

The 49ers right now dont have 4 years/bill walsh/ mike holgrim to try and fix tebow.

There are lots of QBs like tebow that have NFL tools that were not developed in college......

I dont think Tebow is a rare athlete. I think he is a VERY rare leader.

by biggest "wish" with Tebow is that he goes in the 3rd or so to a team with a great QB so he can sit and learn.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Don't tell me. Show me.

They showed some film on Sportsnation of him throwing. It definitely looked different, more compact, faster.

Yea then they showed Clausen throwing while sitting down and you still see a huge difference.

Too little, too late...he's going to be quite the project, no matter who takes a chance on him. As for us, no thanks.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Loeffler was on staff so the Gators could try and run down hill this season.

I never saw were he tried to change Tebows throwing motion...i did see were they worked on footwork so tebow could take snaps under center. The media reported that it was going well....

Your 100% right.... IT does not matter in college

look at Peyton manning......

.... What was the knock on him.... Same as Tebow... Mechanics. Any college fan could see his quirky throwing motion at Tenn

Look at Eli Manning...... Look at the coaching HE had in HIGHSCHOOL

He was perfect comeing out he had spent the last 8 years with his personal QB coach in Jr high and highschool.

Look at Aaron Rodgers....people made such a BIG DEAL over his Mechanics....

I think people make way too much fuss over this.......

This type of coaching is not something that is generally done at the highschool and college level unless you end up with a QB guru type coach.
Share 49ersWebzone