LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Tebow improving Throwing motion & foot work

Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
I never want to see him play football again after the Senior Bowl

Originally posted by teeohh:
Read something on espn mobile about how Myer should get some heat for never teaching Tebow any of that s**t. The writer also said that other SEC schools are going to use Tebow as an example to lure away top qbs from going to Florida, because if they want to play in the NFL, playing under Myer won't necessarily help you.

damn good way of looking at it. I'll bet that coaches around NCAA would use that to lure qb's from U. Meyer where ever he goes to coach. A. Smith now T. T-Hoe
3 good ass qb coaches helping this guy.

I don't know about wasting a firstey, but if he's there in the third, why not?

He won't be good until his 5th year, at that.
Why is he throwing like Aaron Rodgers did in Cal though?

A Rod later got rid of that high arm rifle setup.

I used to mess with that back in the day when we played neighborhood ball. lol
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
This guy had probably one of the best QB coaches in Scott Loeffler, and he couldn't fix his mechanic with him?? Tebow knew this day would come, he should've been working on his release and footwork years ago!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
This guy had probably one of the best QB coaches in Scott Loeffler, and he couldn't fix his mechanic with him?? Tebow knew this day would come, he should've been working on his release and footwork years ago!!!

one thing tebow said is that he was he was never asked to change his release so what the heck were coaches doing?

and it's interesting, who knows how many millions Tebow made for that program and he's going to lose millions because he's likely not going in the first round

I would not go to Florida if I were a qb with nfl dreams
My Grandma tried learning to jog, doesn't mean she's going to win a marathon. He's been doing it his way for a looong time and changing now, on top of all the other new things, is going to greatly hinder him that much more.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

one thing tebow said is that he was he was never asked to change his release so what the heck were coaches doing?

and it's interesting, who knows how many millions Tebow made for that program and he's going to lose millions because he's likely not going in the first round

I would not go to Florida if I were a qb with nfl dreams

I agree, but like I said he should've been working on this years ago. I mean, if your a star QB in college knowing that you have a strong chance to go to the NFL, and knowing how fast defenses are and how small of windows you have to throw to in the Pro's why would you not work on your mechanics??

Anyway, good luck to Tebow I hope everything works out for him. Too bad, I was hoping to see him throw to the different receivers at the Combine.
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
My Grandma tried learning to jog, doesn't mean she's going to win a marathon. He's been doing it his way for a looong time and changing now, on top of all the other new things, is going to greatly hinder him that much more.

Is your grandma a 22 year-old NCAA athlete? Probably not, I'd say.

Horrible comparison.

Getting a young guy to change his throwing motion isn't a huge undertaking, unlike, say, having your grandma run a marathon.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Horrible comparison.

Getting a young guy to change his throwing motion isn't a huge undertaking, unlike, say, having your grandma run a marathon.

My Granny runs a smooth 3min 22sec 40......

Horrible comparison.

Hand-timed or electronic?

Horrible comparison.

Hand-timed or electronic?

Sundial.
trade both our 1st rounders and next years to move up and take him

hell throw in willis too

tebow is not very different then the majority of NFL players.

When he was in college he got by on SHEER talent.....

now he needs proper technique

very few perfect players come out of college.

Ask Yourselves 3 questions.

What does tebow have? What made him a great college QB? Can that be taught?

Can players learn footwork and Mechanics?

IS tebow driven to make himself better?

You cant teach what Tebow has......VERY few people in the history of college football have had what tebow has.

The only knock that tebow has is something that is correctable. something that can be taught.

to me the risk vs reward factor make Tebow a great pick up at QB.

I just dont see it as a first or second round pick up.

I would never bet against the guy......he has NFL class tools and i have never seen a young man that is more DRIVEN then tebow.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
tebow is not very different then the majority of NFL players.

When he was in college he got by on SHEER talent.....

now he needs proper technique

Can the 49ers teach him the proper techniques?
Share 49ersWebzone