There are 420 users in the forums

And the Anti-Heitmann Crowd Suddenly Went Silent

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KB94605NINERS:
Originally posted by infamousesco:
I think this is a very healthy thread. We are really working out some issues.

i know i can even agree wtih krizay that VD pretty much sucked this week.

What does that have to do with this thread?

I think you're looking for the one a couple notches below.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by HessianDud:

"But you see, doctor, I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If MadDog says anything to me, its just to put me down, and then, when I respond, he doesn't listen! Oh, please doctor, is there any hope for my relationship with MadDog?"

Have you considered a trial separation?
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by KB94605NINERS:

i know i can even agree wtih krizay that VD pretty much sucked this week.

What does that have to do with this thread?

I think you're looking for the one a couple notches below.

nevermind... i gues the whole working out issues thing went over your head.

"But you see, doctor, I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If MadDog says anything to me, its just to put me down, and then, when I respond, he doesn't listen! Oh, please doctor, is there any hope for my relationship with MadDog?"

"Well, I guess that's technically what we're doing now, although of course we didn't discuss it. My friend Pete was over and he called MadDog out on something he said and ever since then no one has seen him! You don't think he did anything rash, do you?"
Shaj has not posted in this thread.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame

"Well, I guess that's technically what we're doing now, although of course we didn't discuss it. My friend Pete was over and he called MadDog out on something he said and ever since then no one has seen him! You don't think he did anything rash, do you?"

Remember that feelings are a fragile thing. Sticks and stones... maybe you should apologize then bring up you concerns again.
damn, i read through all 11 pages and MadDog never replied. this was a good thread. MadDog's thread was really arrogant. the only way he could have made it more arrogant would have been to read it in old english. "Listen here ye of little football knowledge."

Remember that feelings are a fragile thing. Sticks and stones... maybe you should apologize then bring up you concerns again.

thats good advice, but I think instead i'll keep posting pictures of famous old white guys. thanks, though.

"the ego is not master in its own house."

He is a very smart player but hasn't been the same since his shoulder injury. He gets pushed back easily IMO.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Repeat after me: This is not a good team.

What a joke!

[ Edited by Watchutalkinbout on Sep 23, 2008 at 13:49:22 ]
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
Still nothing? Hmmmmm....it seems that the rebellion has toppled "the self-proclaimed king of the webzone". Congrats to everyone involved.

Nah. MadDog is still one of the best posters here. All I don't get is why he needs to know all this technical stuff about Football to prove he knows about it. What does that have to do with being a fan of your team?

He claims that Heitmann is one of the best centers in the league and says he can back it up, but he posts all these bulls**t links that we've all seen before.
Im sorry but besides Baldinger and Bellick (sp?) what other reputable coach or GM views Heitmann in such high regard (besides our own coaches)? Heitmann is decent but not a good or great center IMO....

[ Edited by Ninerwinner on Sep 23, 2008 at 14:05:30 ]
I guess I rattled the bee hive with this thread.

Let's start with the "running away". Those of you who know me know that I never run away. I posted, responded to comments, and left the forum at almost 11 PM last night. I don't live on the West Coast, and I have a job. I just returned from teaching all day, and walking my dog in the park. Secondly, I am glad some of you are keeping track on my preseason comments about JTO. I have been very surprised he has played well, and defended him more than the average person after the Cards loss. I still want to see what he can do against a good defense, but will happy to praise him if he continues to show an ability to play well. My analysis was based upon JTO never starting an NFL game.

Calling Heitmann a bum, after a very solid career, is not a fair equivocation. So, enough comparing my analysis of JTP with Heitmann, who had already proved himself in the league. JTO had not.

Let's get down to some of the quotes about Heitmann that were unwarranted, and wrong from the previous weeks. You guys should know better:

"Some experts also said we had a chance at winning the NFC west.
Heitmann is weak. Wragge is better."- ninerempire25

"Funny how the OL looks better when Wragge is at center.........
Heitmann = overrated."- ninerempire25

"I thought Heitmann has played poor all preseason."- FBrathman44

"Yes my friends, brothers, and sisters - he's the weakest link.
Remember last year? Alex is sooo gone! He's a damaged good because of this Center."- 49ERSAM

"He still sucked it up
Im ready for BAAS to come in"-solidg200

Even my buddy PasoDoc drank the Kool-Aid:
"heitmann hasn't showed anything since 2006"

"I am not impressed with Snyder or Heitman."-Contrarios

And...a whole thread created on Heitmann tipping off the snap count at Seattle, with 70,000 people screaming, and the offense needing to go with a silent count.

And...he also caused Gore's fumble....and we was the one who tripped up JTO.

The list of blah, blah, blah's go on and on and on. Iceberg's melting off the coast of Antarctica, Iran defying the International Community, bed lice returning to major East Coast cities...all because of Eric Heitmann.

Let's review Heitmann's health this season:
Post-Game remarks from MM after the Cards game:
--"The only reported injury from yesterday's game is C Eric Heitmann. He sustained an AC joint sprain, got an injection and returned to the game after missing one series".

Missing Practice Before Seattle: Shoulder injury: Chrissy Mauck
"49ers starting center Eric Heitmann returned to practice on Friday after missing the last two days of work, and is probable for Sunday's game against Seattle. Heitmann injured his shoulder last week in the 49ers game against Arizona, left for a series or so, and then finished out the game."

Review: Injured against the Cards, with a AC joint sprain, comes back in and plays pretty well. Not sensational, but not bad for being injured.

Not nearly at 100% when playing the Seahawks the week after, plays his worst game of the season, allowing....0 of the 8 sacks. And yet, he was the only one people were screaming about after the game. It was all Heitmann's fault that the rest of the team gave up 8 sacks.

Comes back healthy in Week 3 and returns to normal form. Plays very well. You may review MB's latest game notes, unless the thought of Heitmann playing well makes you sick.

The grand total of people saluting Heitmann for his outstanding game on Sunday, against the Lions...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................still waiting.

This thread was created to once again expose board member's biases. The call for Baas, Wragge, the fat guy across the street called Larry, and Aunt Jemima's younger sister has been continuous, and silly.

While Heitmann is not a "Pro-Bowler", and I have never suggested that he should, he is still a very good starting center around the league. His fellow teammates think so, or they wouldn't have named him the captain. Writers and broadcaster think so, or they would make these comments on the air or in print. And finally, Martz thinks so.

This is the same Martz that some will praise in one sentence as the greatest coordinator in NFL history, but in the next sentence he obviously knows nothing about centers.

And, so the clock ticks.....still waiting for those with a bias to own up to their bias, to come out and say publically, "I was wrong, and I will try to be fair in my analysis in the future".

PS- Nvchamp, dude you are going to burst a blood vessel. Please get some medication. I'm seriously worried.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Sep 23, 2008 at 14:53:55 ]
MadDog, are you out there? I guess you ran away.
Share 49ersWebzone