LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

And the Anti-Heitmann Crowd Suddenly Went Silent

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Dang.....

Sometimes it may be better if no one took you seriously around here. They won't dog you as much.
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
Still nothing? Hmmmmm....it seems that the rebellion has toppled "the self-proclaimed king of the webzone". Congrats to everyone involved.

Nah. MadDog is still one of the best posters here. All I don't get is why he needs to know all this technical stuff about Football to prove he knows about it. What does that have to do with being a fan of your team?

It doesn't have anything to do with being a FAN of your team. However, when you start making claims that other people don't know what they are talking about, it isn't about being a fan anymore. Knowing football at the high school level and knowing it at the pro level is 2 different things. Its like saying, " I know addition, so I can clearly see you are performing your calculus problem wrong" As you progress into college and Pro football you start dealing with things that most people don't notice, and those are the things that make player great. There are so many things going on every play at the LOS that it is rediculous to explain it everytime. It is like a chess match at 100 miles an hour and no one really appreciates it. it seems that everyone thinks its just a bunch of big guys hitting each other. So when you start claiming that players are "exceptional" or "one of the best" in the NFL. You need to explain why at the pro football level he is one of the best. To be able to make that claim you need to understand the scheme plays, technique etc. As I referred to in my original post Maddog DOES know a lot about football for a fan, but does he have the knowledge to literally call everyone on this board stupid? No, definetly not and someone (that being me) needed to remind him of that.
NV, I agree there. MadDog is probably the most arrogant poster around, but you have arrogant tendencies in your posts as well sometimes: "tell me what the scheme was in this play? tell me why Gore got a huge hole, you can't can you?! you don't know anything about the nfl, i work in football..." etc etc

Guess I do dog on people LA. Haha.
NV, I agree there. MadDog is probably the most arrogant poster around, but you have arrogant tendencies in your posts as well sometimes: "tell me what the scheme was in this play? tell me why Gore got a huge hole, you can't can you?! you don't know anything about the nfl, i work in football..." etc etc

I agree that I am arrogant, and I do come across that way but if I am wrong I will apologize, immediately as I have done many times. Also all the technical stuff comes up when I am arguing with a noob who has no idea what he is talking about, and instead of attacking him, I just do that so he is speechless, its a nice way to pwn someone and not get warned. I always back up my post with in depth detail and am always more than happy to help and share information with others, and not be arrogant in EVERY single post. For example, check out my post on Balmer, I ask other peoples opinions to see if they thought the same as me, not" oh I was right about Balmer and you are all idiots". Lastly in real life I help people on this board. Kolohe gave me a lead on his nephew or cousin or something and I gave his info to Our Lber coach who then reviewed film on him? (Btw, where did he go kolohe I lost his name now) I have assisted several posters as what the best route for them to become coaches would be and always answer any questions I get in my pm. I may be arrogant but I am not a pompus ass. It was just time to remind Maddog there is a lot of info on this board and he is not always right.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

But NV's arrogance is in what he knows. In the questions he asks. Where as Maddog's arrogance is just straight i'm better than you. Because I said so.

Still the funniest thing i've ever seen is during the senior bowl practice week. Maddog wrote this long ass analysis of what all these players were doing and what not. Then at the bottom of his post he wrote... "I hope to actually be down in Mobile in person next year." So if he wasn't down there. Where the hell did his analysis come from?

But typical Maddog fashion. He wrote it eloquently and people jumped all over it like it was his own views.

I ate my whole lunch reading this thread.... funny stuff

~japes
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nicedraw94080:

I ate my whole lunch reading this thread.... funny stuff

~japes

I want to know why we are still horrible at the goal line? We cant even punch it in from the one/two yard line. WTF? Dont get me wrong Heitmann did good this Sunday, but was horrible vs. Seattle. If he is one of the better centers in the NFC, with Franky, we should be running up his butt all the time, not running reverses at the goal line.

[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Sep 23, 2008 at 12:54:11 ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by adrenaline:
Originally posted by bigwads:
I liked when he flat backed that LB...that was awesome.

Was that when Gore bobbled the ball and still scored? I remember the center had to hike the ball and pull like the guard. That was cool.

Not many centers can pull anywhere close to Heitmann. He is also exceptional on screens. Of course, those that don't know the game seem to miss these things.

• Esco
  • Hall of Fame
I think this is a very healthy thread. We are really working out some issues.

Originally posted by infamousesco:

lol

Jan getting a one-up on Marsha.

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!

i know i can even agree wtih krizay that VD pretty much sucked this week.

"But you see, doctor, I feel like I'm just talking to myself! If MadDog says anything to me, its just to put me down, and then, when I respond, he doesn't listen! Oh, please doctor, is there any hope for my relationship with MadDog?"
Share 49ersWebzone