LISTEN: Reacting to John Lynch & Kyle Shanahan Presser + Injury Concerns Ahead of Camp →

There are 187 users in the forums

QB Sam Darnold is a Viking

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,222

THIS is what I'm talkin about !!!! Even if Sammy just sits as a 3rd stringer, the guy can play and gives us a better chance on winning than Granpa Josh !!!

wooo hoooo!!

GREAT advice from his agent too !! The agent know that Sammy has a chance to start here if Baby Face struggles and/or B-Rock isn't healthy enough or just ends waking up that last season was a DREAM !!!

GREAT SIGNING !!!

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Really thought we were going to roll with Matt Ryan as our 3rd-string. Curious what Darnold's price is.

Why would Matt Ryan come here? To be a 3rd stringer who would be inactive on game day? It only make sense for Matt Ryan if Purdy is out for the year, and that isn't the case.
This is great Sam is only 25. Is it fair to say NYJ and CAR failed him? Might he blossom in a better environment?
Super Bowl !!!!!
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

At this point I'll take Darnold easily, Ryan was literally a statue back there and beyond washed. I still can't get over watching him against the Broncos and that epic choke job in MIN


I will not stand for Matt Vick slander!


Statue my ass!
Not sure how anyone can hate on this signing for a guy who will basically be our 3rd string QB but i am
Sure people will hate on this signing just to hate.

Josh Johnson or Sam Darnold?? Exactly!
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,222
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Really thought we were going to roll with Matt Ryan as our 3rd-string. Curious what Darnold's price is.

Why would Matt Ryan come here? To be a 3rd stringer who would be inactive on game day? It only make sense for Matt Ryan if Purdy is out for the year, and that isn't the case.

SCREW Ryan !!! he done !! he done !! he's just be another Granpa Josh !!
Wow can't be any happier with how today is going
Good, inexpensive vet QB, as we expected.

They could still bring in a QB rookie via a late round pick or UDFA.
I like it. High upside move. Never been part of a coaching staff that knew what they were doing. Better than bringing someone like Dalton who will be more expensive and have no upside.
[ Edited by JTB1974 on Mar 13, 2023 at 2:31 PM ]

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
This is great Sam is only 25. Is it fair to say NYJ and CAR failed him? Might he blossom in a better environment?
same age when Jimmy arrived
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Recycled garbage

bouncing from team to team.

Had probably his best NFL season last year. 4-2 as a starter for the panthers with Wilks as HC. 7-3 TD/INT ratio.

#3 overall pick in the draft.

I forgot about Wilks, probably got a good recommendation.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
#3 overall pick in the draft.

I forgot about Wilks, probably got a good recommendation.

CMC too potentially.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Way better than Josh Johnson. Mobile, nice arm, has never played with this much talent before. He'll be a great clipboard holder for Lance and Purdy.
This
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Recycled garbage

bouncing from team to team.

Had probably his best NFL season last year. 4-2 as a starter for the panthers with Wilks as HC. 7-3 TD/INT ratio.

#3 overall pick in the draft.

I forgot about Wilks, probably got a good recommendation.
Share 49ersWebzone