Rank

Justin Fields
Chicago Bears · QB

• Explosive score: 98
  • 10+ yard runs: 33
  • 10+ pct: 20.6%
  • 15+ mph runs: 89 (most in NFL)
  • 15+ mph pct: 55.6%
It's fair to say today's NFL is only going to continue to produce premier runners at the quarterback position.

Lamar Jackson's effectiveness on the ground upon becoming the Ravens' full-time starter wasn't the first instance of a quarterback finding success with his legs, but it was a turning point. In the last two seasons, quarterbacks have topped my rankings, and much like last year's top 10, three quarterbacks made my list this time around.

Fields' 2022 season was visually thrilling. Statistically, it was incredible, especially considering the state of the Bears last year.

Too bad he can't throw accurately, go through his reads and he holds the ball too long. He is a turnover machine. But hey, he's a great running back

I think a Hurts style level up is not out of the question here
Hurts I like his game, and the addition of AJ Brown was a major catalyst
we will see if DJ Moore and a full year of Claypool, helps Fields, and by how much
my understanding he knows a lot of the short game isn't as precise as it needs to be, and is working on it this offseason
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by elguapo:
NFL.com named him the most explosive runner in the NFL
below from NFL.com / using Next Gen Stats:

Rank

Justin Fields
Chicago Bears · QB

It's fair to say today's NFL is only going to continue to produce premier runners at the quarterback position.

Lamar Jackson's effectiveness on the ground upon becoming the Ravens' full-time starter wasn't the first instance of a quarterback finding success with his legs, but it was a turning point. In the last two seasons, quarterbacks have topped my rankings, and much like last year's top 10, three quarterbacks made my list this time around.

Fields' 2022 season was visually thrilling. Statistically, it was incredible, especially considering the state of the Bears last year.

Too bad he can't throw accurately, go through his reads and he holds the ball too long. He is a turnover machine. But hey, he's a great running back

we will see if DJ Moore and a full year of Claypool, helps Fields, and by how much
my understanding he knows a lot of the short game isn't as precise as it needs to be, and is working on it this offseason

Possibly but the turnovers are alarming. Bad decision making and he lost quite a few games in the 4th quarter by throwing horrific ints to seal the loss.
[ Edited by elguapo on May 30, 2023 at 8:04 PM ]
NFL.com named him the most explosive runner in the NFL
below from NFL.com / using Next Gen Stats:

Rank

Justin Fields
Chicago Bears · QB

Possibly but the turnovers are alarming. Bad decision making and he list quite a few games in the 4th quarter by throwing horrific ints to seal the loss.

bro threw a int to edge rusher hutchinson that was dropped back and just sitting in a zone lol...
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
bro threw a int to edge rusher hutchinson that was dropped back and just sitting in a zone lol...

So did Rodgers.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

So did Rodgers.

post a video, I want to see and laugh.

heres the fields one lol...

So did Rodgers.

So did Rodgers.

I think what you gotta realize, the Lions somehow cloned Bosa
the dude is a PROBLEM

So did Rodgers.

the dude is a PROBLEM

Yup and Baalke passed because a dude had longer arms

So did Rodgers.

the dude is a PROBLEM

Yup and Baalke passed because a dude had longer arms

to the video

sidenote:

Yes, he seems to becoming into form. He will definitely be a huge problem for teams if he keeps on improving and makes a big leap this year.
  • napo
  • Veteran
Fields needs to understand that he doesn't need to carry the whole offense on his shoulders. Maybe with some added players, it will be possible, unlike last year when he was pretty much the entire offense.

Originally posted by napo:
Fields needs to understand that he doesn't need to carry the whole offense on his shoulders. Maybe with some added players, it will be possible, unlike last year when he was pretty much the entire offense.

Last year he had
2 Good rbs
A very very good run blocking OL
A solid TE
2 solid wrs
and played against a ton of prevent defenses
[ Edited by elguapo on Jun 17, 2023 at 6:08 PM ]
  • napo
  • Veteran
Last year he had
2 Good rbs
A solid TE
2 solid wrs

The best WR was injured for a good part of the season and so was one of the RBs. The O line was dismal in pass blocking-about the worst in the league. If the O line can pass block this year and if the WR group is much better, it will then depend on Fields significantly improving his passing game.
Originally posted by napo:
Last year he had
2 Good rbs
A solid TE
2 solid wrs

The best WR was injured for a good part of the season and so was one of the RBs. The O line was dismal in pass blocking-about the worst in the league. If the O line can pass block this year and if the WR group is much better, it will then depend on Fields significantly improving his passing game.

He will play better as the team gets better around him. As he gets more experience too. He's a great athlete. That's for sure.
Share 49ersWebzone