There are 177 users in the forums

Justin Fields and his Steelers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by WINiner:
He's got better weapons than some. These types of excuses for Fields are starting to get tiresome.
For sure

Originally posted by JoseCortez:
This guy sucks ass

Yeah, he throws way too many interceptions and inaccurate balls, makes the wrong reads and takes off too soon to run. All this, when he has two very good running backs, a good wr and a very good tight end. Not to mention some excellent run blocking. Maybe not the best pass protection however he holds the ball so damn long that's on him as well.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by evil:
Haven't watched any of this game but how is he 4-12 for 47 yards after 3 quarters of play with 8 carries for over a buck on the ground ? Lions were showing only 2 minutes more in the T. O. P battle.

Like 4 completions and under 50 yards through 3 q of football... wtf?

he cant throw, but his weapons are also s**t

He's got better weapons than some. These types of excuses for Fields are starting to get tiresome.

No tight ends no wrs
He's a bust. He has 5 wins in 2 years playing almost 30 games. Trubisky who was a bust had more wins on a much worse bears team that drafted number 3 overall. Mills on a much worse Texans team has more wins than him (can anyone actually name a WR or TE on the Texans?).

Last game highlights were absolutely atrocious...one of the worst games by any QB this season:

-He doesn't have any pocket pressure or any idea what his happening in the game at all. When he is scrambling he has no sense that anyone is chasing him and just fumbles. On one play on a 1st and 10 he scrambles out of the pocket, waits 3 seconds then takes a sack instead of just throwing it away (literally tossing it a few yards out of bounds is way better than just eating a sack since he is out of the pocket).

-He is horribly inaccurate (30% completion percent is beyond god awful in perfect dome conditions and absolutely no excuses given its his 30th game and no he doesn't have the worst WR/TE in the entire league).

The only thing he is good at is running and he is getting banged up regularly. He won't last another season doing that. ACL tear or at least broken ribs (which ended his last season) is inevitable. He will never develop elite pocket presence or ability to read defenses quick enough so he will have to keep running.

Poles/Eberflus have a major decision to make. Sticking with Fields will end their careers...or they can choose to find a half decent FA vet (Carr, Jimmy G) or just draft another QB that actually knows how to play the QB position.
No tight ends no wrs

Chase Claypool looked pretty good playing with a broken down Big Ben and QB's like Mason Rudolph and Mitch Trubisky. Cole Kmet is a solid receiving target at TE and Darnell Mooney is a decent target as well. Can he get better receivers? Sure. Buts its nonsense to say that he has nothing.

There is an article just today feat Tony Dungy and he sees MVPs in Fields future. Great year this season and they will build it around him going forward.
Originally posted by FunkyChicken:
There is an article just today feat Tony Dungy and he sees MVPs in Fields future. Great year this season and they will build it around him going forward.

If he improves as a passer both in reads and accuracy I agree. He's a dynamic player with the ball in his hand. But he's shown multiple times this year he couldn't put together the game winning drive. Im a Fields guy and I'm rooting for him and love how many Fields haters there are.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
If he improves as a passer both in reads and accuracy I agree. He's a dynamic player with the ball in his hand. But he's shown multiple times this year he couldn't put together the game winning drive. Im a Fields guy and I'm rooting for him and love how many Fields haters there are.

If Jaire Alexander picks off Justin FIelds, are you cheering or booing?

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

If Jaire Alexander picks off Justin FIelds, are you cheering or booing?

My loyalty to Jaire only comes into question when the Packers are playing the 49ers. I was flexing hard this last weekend when Jaire strapped Justin Jefferson
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
My loyalty to Jaire only comes into question when the Packers are playing the 49ers. I was flexing hard this last weekend when Jaire strapped Justin Jefferson

[ Edited by FL9er on Jan 4, 2023 at 4:22 PM ]

No tight ends no wrs

Chase Claypool looked pretty good playing with a broken down Big Ben and QB's like Mason Rudolph and Mitch Trubisky. Cole Kmet is a solid receiving target at TE and Darnell Mooney is a decent target as well. Can he get better receivers? Sure. Buts its nonsense to say that he has nothing.

Justin Fields didn't have as good as season as some might think. Actually pretty horrible in alot of ways. His team only had 3 wins. He never reached 2300 passing yards. He only had 17 passing TD's. 17 passing TD's in 15 games is pretty bad. He only threw 11 INT's which is not too bad but it is when you compare it to the TD passes. Less than 2300 passing yards in 15 games is not good either. And his passing % is just at 60%. And his overall QBR of 85.2 is just average. It's just been his running that has been impressive and it makes his overall stats look better when you add his rushing yards and rushing TD's to his passing yards and passing TD's.
No tight ends no wrs

Boom. Waiting for the Fields apologists now…….
Originally posted by FL9er:

Alexander is the reason I won my fantasy football leagues, two of them. So I have to give him props. However, he has played not well at all at many points this year. Watching him get destroyed in the Bears game by St Brown and some reject from the patriots N'Keal Harry was laughable. Also, he is hot garbage as a tackler and vs the run. He's still a top 10 corner and I hope he doesn't play like one against the Niners in the first round
[ Edited by elguapo on Jan 4, 2023 at 7:37 PM ]
Originally posted by FL9er:

He should have said I'm the best corner playing.
Share 49ersWebzone