There are 244 users in the forums

Justin Fields and his Steelers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
I see him as more of a if you put 1 decent looking girl infront of a bunch've grenades, the 1 decent girl would go from maybe 5-6 to 8-9

A bit of this for sure. Still can't pass worth a damn. Has a great running game and run blocking to support him. A solid te, 2 very good rbs and Claypool is a good wr. He does need a OT and another wr but so do a ton of teams. A LOT of the sacks are on him. He holds the ball way too long and has little pocket presence as a passer. He will likely improve but those were some of his criticisms coming out of college and are still a major issue after 2 years
Purdy >>> Fields
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Purdy >>> Fields
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Purdy >>> Fields

As a passer it's not even close. Fields is obviously the better RB
Originally posted by elguapo:
I see him as more of a if you put 1 decent looking girl infront of a bunch've grenades, the 1 decent girl would go from maybe 5-6 to 8-9

A bit of this for sure. Still can't pass worth a damn. Has a great running game and run blocking to support him. A solid te, 2 very good rbs and Claypool is a good wr. He does need a OT and another wr but so do a ton of teams. A LOT of the sacks are on him. He holds the ball way too long and has little pocket presence as a passer. He will likely improve but those were some of his criticisms coming out of college and are still a major issue after 2 years

You put the emoji so I'm assuming you're joking, but if not you're a complete moron. And I like you too, Guapo.
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Originally posted by elguapo:

You put the emoji so I'm assuming you're joking, but if not you're a complete moron. And I like you too, Guapo.

As the terminator said to Sarah Conner when he pretended to be her mom on the phone….."I love you too sweetheart"
  • evil
  • Veteran
Haven't watched any of this game but how is he 4-12 for 47 yards after 3 quarters of play with 8 carries for over a buck on the ground ? Lions were showing only 2 minutes more in the T. O. P battle.

Like 4 completions and under 50 yards through 3 q of football... wtf?
Originally posted by evil:
Haven't watched any of this game but how is he 4-12 for 47 yards after 3 quarters of play with 8 carries for over a buck on the ground ? Lions were showing only 2 minutes more in the T. O. P battle.

he cant throw, but his weapons are also s**t
  • evil
  • Veteran

This point is over exaggerated IMO. Mooney, Claypool and Kmet aren't exactly "s**t"... they should look to add some talent to the skill positions this off-season and invest heavily in the OL. But I won't pretend he is working with some terrible supporting cast at the skills.

Would be interested to see breakdowns of his all 22 this off-season. How much was supporting cast VS actual
QB play VS play design and play calling.

One thing I am sure of, JF will work hard to make strides as a passers this off-season.
The RB is now 3-13 lol

Like I said in the thread earlier, if he can start to read defenses and make throws just a bit better, he'll be top 15-10 qb.
Like I said and it's painfully obvious that a lot of people know it as well, he's not a good passer. He has poor pocket presence and is not that accurate. He struggles mightily as a passer. He is a terrific running back and please don't act like he does not have weapons.

Montgomery and Herbert are a very very good RB tandem and their tight end Kmet is good, Claypool is not bad at all. Fields has had opportunities he just misses them, he holds the ball too long, takes way too many sacks and is often a liability in the passing game. He will most likely improve in that area but as of NOW he is a bad passer.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
I don´t know what Justin Fields will do in the rest of his career but I can understand why Kyle wouldn´t be interested by him.
He´s a fantastic athlete and his arm is legit but he´s a little bit like CJ in the pocket.
He ´s too slow on his processing I think and he takes too many sacks.
Yes he doesn´t have the best playmakers around him and yes he doesn´t have Kyle or Andy Reid calling plays for him.
But still, sometimes you would like Fields to be quicker on his decision making.
And I don´t like seeing him run so much. He took some big hits this year. Tough, tough guy but I don´t know how long he will last playing like that.
[ Edited by pdc20 on Jan 3, 2023 at 2:05 AM ]

He's got better weapons than some. These types of excuses for Fields are starting to get tiresome.
[ Edited by WINiner on Jan 3, 2023 at 10:33 AM ]
This guy sucks ass
Share 49ersWebzone