LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 206 users in the forums

Two words…Sean Payton

Shop 49ers game tickets

Two words…Sean Payton

Pass on Peyton. We need to find the next up and comer if Shanny can't right the ship.

Ken. Freakin'. Dorsey.
Bay Area native. 49er alum. Currently working with a QB that has similar physical traits to Trey Lance. Plus, Dorsey is probably another year away from getting serious head coaching looks. Shanny has the rest of this year and next to figure it out so the timelines could intersect perfectly.
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by captveg:
Poll fails because the real option should be:

Starting QB Lance lost for season. Want to see Kyle with Lance as his starting QB for more than 5 quarters is 2023.

What makes you think Trey is the next great thing ? I know we've seen only a snippet of in game action, but I'm pretty sure the majority of fans / media pundits have acknowledged he's a project quarterback. I know this may be hard for some of you guys to swallow, but this story doesn't end well. It's gonna be the pink slip for Kyle sooner rather later, and so prefer we do it sooner so that the talent on this roster isn't wasted…

I look forward to several 2-15 seasons, then.
No thanks. Besides, he hates Trey Lance.
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Pass on Peyton. We need to find the next up and comer if Shanny can't right the ship.

Ken. Freakin'. Dorsey.
Bay Area native. 49er alum. Currently working with a QB that has similar physical traits to Trey Lance. Plus, Dorsey is probably another year away from getting serious head coaching looks. Shanny has the rest of this year and next to figure it out so the timelines could intersect perfectly.

Screw it. This is the timeline I'll go with.

Get your **** together and figure it out by the end of 2023, Shanny. If you don't, I'm campaigning for Dorsey!
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:

Ken. Freakin'. Dorsey.

Screw it. This is the timeline I'll go with.

Get your **** together and figure it out by the end of 2023, Shanny. If you don't, I'm campaigning for Dorsey!

Wouldn't be surprised if Dorsey goes back to Carolina.
Peyton would be a dream, but Kyle has at least 2 years left.
One word NO
Originally posted by redgoldbleeder:
Peyton would be a dream, but Kyle has at least 2 years left.

Does Drew Brees come with him?
Payton?

Two words.....the second is 'off'.
Brees' dirty jock strap >>> jimmygString

Payton is a leader, what is Shanahan?
Payton is nothing without katrina.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Payton was smart enough to retire when he had to play a backup caliber QB.

Lol, that guy is super smart. No way he'd come to a York team dude.

After winning one SB, he went 9 straight years without winning another all while having a HOF QB to lead his team.

If that was us, he would be crucified for it.

His strength was offense. His offenses consistently ranked in the upper tier of league rankings. Can we say the same about our current offensive guru ?

He has has multiple top 10 defenses since the SB plus the HOF QB and didn't win another SB and made it back to the Conference Championship Game only once since.

And Payton didn't have a top offense without Drew last year. Why couldn't he have a top offense if his strength is offense?

Kyle literally was the architect behind one of the greatest offensive seasons of all time by any team back in 2016. And he had the #2 scoring offense in the league in 2019 with JG as the QB.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Payton is nothing without katrina.

Lol
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Payton is a leader, what is Shanahan?

Mike's kid.
Share 49ersWebzone