LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 226 users in the forums

hall of fame len dawson dies

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
just thought he deserved a post.. i just became a nfl fan in the twilight of his career but i know he was elite. But what i remember is the original inside the nfl show on hbo with he and nick b of miami. Our world stopped on thursday night in the 80's to watch that,..... now my real reason for this thread is to ask someone to do what I can not.,.,.... someone please google the greatest nfl picture in the history of the nfl...... colored pic of dawson setting on a chair at half time of the first super bowl game smoking a cig with a ten ounce bottle of fresca by his feet!!!!!! so cool!!

The most bad ass picture in NFL history
Also, RIP Leo Dawson

• dj43
A very fitting tribute to him on the NFL page today. Struggled for 6 years to get his chance but when he did, he was truly HOF-worthy. Namath and the Jets got a lot of pub for the first AFL team to win the Super Bowl but the Chiefs' win against the Vikings was a much bigger deal. Worth the read.

https://www.nfl.com/news/hall-of-fame-qb-len-dawson-dies-at-age-87-super-bowl-iv-mvp-hoisted-chiefs-first
[ Edited by dj43 on Aug 24, 2022 at 2:42 PM ]
Legend. Smoking on the field. RIP
I just saw that he passed away. Rip to him
I saw a lot of Len...in the AFL before the merger, and of course, afterward. I'd call him a pro's pro...bright, smart player, just an all-American kind of guy. After the Chiefs soundly beat the Vikes in the SB, he gained even more fans and respect around the NFL. RIP, Len.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
thank you lay for the pic.. i was scared no one knew about it... it is classic cool!!
Originally posted by Stevec9932:

Actually, that would be the locker room.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by G_Muehlebach:
Originally posted by Stevec9932:

Actually, that would be the locker room.

maybe someone has a picture of hollywood henderson doing blow on the sideline during a game when he played for us in the first year of bill walsh?

I am most familiar with Len Dawson as one of the guys on 'Inside the NFL', back in the day. It was only later that I learned he played in the AFL/NFL.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
I am most familiar with Len Dawson as one of the guys on 'Inside the NFL', back in the day. It was only later that I learned he played in the AFL/NFL.

This. And I enjoyed him on Inside the NFL.

RIP
Share 49ersWebzone