LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Does Anyone On This Webzone Believe That Aaron Donald Is The Best Defensive Player Ever!?!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
OK i guess the question if we are talking about DT's or at least a 3 down lineman... Warren Sapp, Aaron Donald, Vince Wilfork, Hiloti Ngata, JJ Watt... Maybe its because the niners always shut him down but for interior D line I would take at least Sapp and Wilfork over Donald. In big moments, Donald just doesnt take over a game. Von Miller can be asleep all year but at least wakes up for the playoffs.

Maybe its also because we have the division of jitterbug QBs along with Shanny being able to shut him down through scheme with backup linemen. I dont see him batting down passes like Watt did when he gets stuffed but still was a league leader in sacks. I'd take Sapp, Wilfork or Watt over him and wouldnt even bat an eye.

He literally won the Super Bowl for the Rams at the biggest moment. You have 49er games bias. We have small, athletic guards, and that's the kryptonite for small, athletic DTs. But we still double and triple team him, and control him through our run game and quick passes. Other teams do not have the personnel match we do. He didn't get those defensive MVPs by being shut down all the time.

Didn't he also make the play to end the game against us too? Lol
There is some sort of rankings going on ESPN best player all time each position.. They lost me when they had Gronk as the GOAT TE.. over Tony Gonzalez..

classic example of upper east coast bias
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
There is some sort of rankings going on ESPN best player all time each position.. They lost me when they had Gronk as the GOAT TE.. over Tony Gonzalez..

I'd take Gronk and Shannon Sharpe over Tony
Originally posted by lamontb:

Gronk by a mile. Lol
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Gronk by a mile. Lol

Gronk? Look I love Gronk but he was injured 50% of the time. You could double his career receptions, and he would still be looking up at Gonzalez. It's not even close.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by lamontb:

Gronk by a mile. Lol

Naah
Well until the NFC Championship we've been handling him with a tier three guard.

Great? Sure. Hall of Fame? Yeah. GOAT? Not quite. Lawrence Taylor.

+1
[ Edited by random49er on Aug 4, 2022 at 8:31 AM ]
Originally posted by random49er:
Well until the NFC Championship we've been handling him with a tier three guard.

Great? Sure. Hall of Fame? Yeah. GOAT? Not quite. Lawrence Taylor.

+1

There it is. #RoidRage
Haley and taylor sanders. Very good yes but wherever haley went super bowls followed.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
LT...REGGIE WHITE...DEACON JONES

Anyone whose dad is Daniel Brunskill cannot be the best defensive player ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0Rf14ezHGw

at 45 seconds.
So now, Niners play the best defensive player from the Rams.

and the best defensive player from the Hawks.

together.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Was he better than Kevin Greene, Jack Youngblood, or Deacon/Merlin Olsen for the Rams?
AD may end up a top 5 all time defensive player. He's near that now. Short answer is no. LT
Share 49ersWebzone