LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 343 users in the forums

NFL Breaking News Thread-2024 Edition

Shop 49ers game tickets
How bad is the NFC South going to be? Every team in that division has major problems. And Ryan is not only the best QB in that division but the Falcons are the only team in that division that has a starting QB right now.

Originally posted by JTB1974:
How bad is the NFC South going to be? Every team in that division has major problems. And Ryan is not only the best QB in that division but the Falcons are the only team in that division that has a starting QB right now.

Hes the best QB in the division with a oline that cant run block or pass protect. One of the worst in the league.
Originally posted by Fresno49er:
Im confused was he betting on games while he played? Or when he stepped away from the team last year? If he was betting on games while chillin at home I dont see why this is a issue to the NFL.

Was he under contract?
Why is Ridley being held accountble and not the refs??
Originally posted by Fresno49er:
Im confused was he betting on games while he played? Or when he stepped away from the team last year? If he was betting on games while chillin at home I dont see why this is a issue to the NFL.

I'm not sure but I think the rule is you can't bet on any sport in which you participate since you might have inside knowledge. In his case he was placing parlays bets that sometimes included the Falcons. He could bet on basketball or baseball but not football. Some of these guys are sports junkies and legalized betting has made it easier for them to bet. Imagine if they would have had legalized betting when Michael Jordan was playing. He's a notorious gambler.
Tin foil hat time - Falcons Owner had the league punish him to the fullest extent as payback missing last year and possibly this year. This gives them an out for any potential money issues that would have arisen if Ridley was still not planning to play this year.

Roger works for the owners not the other way around. Now Falcons can move on with he Ridley situation resolved, at least for the year.

Apparently Ridley bet $1500 and lost $10 Million. WTF kind of betting odds were those? He must have bet on the Colts beating the Jags in week 18.
Not a fan of gambling, it's just not my thing, but I don't really care if it's someone else's thing.

Calvin Ridley's gambling didn't create any kind of advantage or disadvantage, or otherwise intent to damage the integrity of the game, so I am not sure why he should have been suspended.

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rockzz:

No point in appealing now. He admitted it on Twitter.
Apparently Ridley bet $1500 and lost $10 Million. WTF kind of betting odds were those? He must have bet on the Colts beating the Jags in week 18.

I thought the 10 million was his salary.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Not a fan of gambling, it's just not my thing, but I don't really care if it's someone else's thing.

Calvin Ridley's gambling didn't create any kind of advantage or disadvantage, or otherwise intent to damage the integrity of the game, so I am not sure why he should have been suspended.

Either way it's not a good look for him when he was suppose to be dealing with his mental health issues. And if he was betting at all against the Falcons, That looks really bad. Makes it look like he left to make the team worse and then bet against them.
[ Edited by JTB1974 on Mar 7, 2022 at 1:55 PM ]
Originally posted by JustinMT:

I thought the 10 million was his salary.

You can't lose more than you bet. Pretty sure that's sarcasm.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Mar 7, 2022 at 2:05 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone